Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Insulation

• 21-06-2021 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

Just a question
    Currently house building
    Plan was to bead house with internal slab of insulation to meet U Value

Is this the most cost effective way or is it better to put boards inbetween cavity.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

That's a poor spec'ed wall and a strange question to be asking mid build:eek:
    Would you not have figured this out long before a hole was dug on site?
    What does your arch / eng / other professional(s) advise?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭C__MC

House isn't built yet
    Architect preferred boards between cavity but given the hectic and busy climate out there, there is a delay and shortage on manufacturing them

The other option was the one I mentioned bead cavity with internal slab, my question was which is the cheaper method?

• Subscribers Posts: 40,969 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

C__MC wrote: »
    House isn't built yet
    Architect preferred boards between cavity but given the hectic and busy climate out there, there is a delay and shortage on manufacturing them

The other option was the one I mentioned bead cavity with internal slab, my question was which is the cheaper method?

cheaper certainly doesnt mean best

in your case id go with a 200mm cavity (MINIMUM) and pump bead

• Registered Users Posts: 12,192 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

4" solid on flat, with EWI, windows hung on outside so reduced thermal bridges,
    make inner face airtight, 50 mm service cavity: job done

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

sydthebeat wrote: »
    cheaper certainly doesnt mean best

in your case id go with a 200mm cavity (MINIMUM) and pump bead

+1

• Advertisement
Advertisement