Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Movies **Use Spoiler Tags**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 60,180 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Natalie Portman saying now she would like to return to the MCU.

Must be having money problems :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I'd like to see her return. She's a good and Jane Foster is a great character. I wonder if she's hoping she'll get a storyline like Jane's current arc...

I'm a big fan of Portman and would be very happy for her to return.

The fuss she caused would probably put Marvel off bringing her back in though.

I'd have her back long before I'd have Hugo Weaving back.

• Advertisement

I was reading today that Marvel/Disney have made just over $8 billion in box office profit from the MCU so far that doesn't include DVD/BLU Ray, Digital sales and Licensing to streaming sites and TV stations monies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I think the comics were going in the direction of involving Jane Foster a lot more so I'd say Marvel might be up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I'd like to see her return. She's a good and Jane Foster is a great character. I wonder if she's hoping she'll get a storyline like Jane's current arc...

Her?

I thought she (Natalie and Jane) was good in Thor... but Natalie completely phoned it in on Thor 2 while Jane was reduced to a damsel in distress / bait / love interest (perhaps why Natalie Portman looks like she phoned it in).

For continuities sake, it'd be nice to have her back... but that's about it.

• Advertisement

Slydice wrote: »

I don´t really see anything there that implies she hopes for a return, just a very politically correct answer..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I don´t really see anything there that implies she hopes for a return, just a very politically correct answer..

Yeah I'd say she's just trying to casually minimise any fallout from the rumours of how/why she phoned it in on Thor 2 and didn't seem to want to fulfill her contract with a third movie. I doubt she'd actually return if offered the chance, maybe at most for a quick scene or two just to finish off her character.

maybe you don't mean implies

maybe you mean "I don´t really see anything there that has her saying she hopes for a return, just a very politically correct answer.."

The headline comes out and says it:
    Natalie Portman Would Be Happy To Come Back To The Marvel Cinematic Universe
    The rest of the article implies it's backing up the headline.

The part where they are saying she implies comes from them linking up the quotes of Portman that they use:
    It is really an incredible thing to get to be part of.
    It is really challenging for me that and I don’t feel like I have gotten it yet.
    Yeah well hopefully one day I figure it out!

It could well be a light news week. Yer man brought it up in the video and she just answered his question. Could be nothing, could be her seeing if anything comes back by way of comment from Disney/Marvel

405477.jpg

:D

Bacchus wrote: »
    Her?

I thought she (Natalie and Jane) was good in Thor... but Natalie completely phoned it in on Thor 2 while Jane was reduced to a damsel in distress / bait / love interest (perhaps why Natalie Portman looks like she phoned it in).

For continuities sake, it'd be nice to have her back... but that's about it.

I think there were probably a few factors at play there. First one being a pretty crap director, obviously. Aside from that though, it was well known that Portman wasn't happy to be working on the film so it's likely enough that she was downsized as a precautionary measure, in case she did what she ended up doing and phoned it in.

Portman in general is great though, as is the character so I'd be happy to see her make an effort in a more substantial version of her role. That said, I'm all about the Thor/Sif love connection so I'd also be happy to see that!

Liv Tyler maybe returning as Betty Ross for Infinity War.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Liv Tyler maybe returning as Betty Ross for Infinity War.

Why is Marvel so fascinated with the Hulk film all of a sudden? :D

It really was the forgotten bast@rd child of the MCU so trying to bring it back into the fold for the over arc story maybe.

• Advertisement

Peter Dinklage in talks to join the cast of Infinity War.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/peter-dinklage-avengers-infinity-war-1201954237/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Peter Dinklage in talks to join the cast of Infinity War.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/peter-dinklage-avengers-infinity-war-1201954237/

Wow, that's going to be confusing for the casual fans who don't know the difference between fox studios and marvel studios :D

Wow, that's going to be confusing for the casual fans who don't know the difference between fox studios and marvel studios :D

In fairness, Dinklage being cast as Trask was confusing for the hardcore fans who do know the difference between a tall black guy and a short white guy :D

bolivar-trask.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I hope it's an unexpected role for him, not really a fan of the some of the choices being mentioned already such as MODOK or Uatu.

I'm a big fan of what Dinklage has done on GoT so I hope he's not wasted.

Gut feeling if Peter Dinklage does join the MCU, he'll be
    Pip The Troll
    who played an important part in the comics from which Infinity War is being adapted from.

Just thinking after watching Thor I'd love to see Kenneth Branagh direct one of The Avengers films in the future.

I also watched Thor the other night (for the millionth time) and I still don't get how anyone could not love it. I also think it's one of the best closing scenes of any of them.

"Can you see her?"
    "Yes.... she searches for you."
    *smile*
    *end*

It makes me smile every time.

Thor is criminally underrated in the MCU. It was by far the hardest of the Phase 1 films to get right and not only did they do it, but they did it with so much heart, humour and respect for the source material.

The shot of Mjolnir and the lightning hitting Thor is still one of my favourite throughout all the MCU films.

• Advertisement

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR
    will use a stand-in for Doctor Strange due to conflicting filming schedules that won’t let Benedict Cumberbatch appear in every scene he’s supposed to be in.

http://heroichollywood.com/avengers-infinity-war-use-stand-in-doctor-strange/

A bit crazy his contract let him film something else at the same time.

It would be one thing if it was reshoots after filming wrapped but while they are making the film that I do find odd.

Advertisement