Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeper league

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

I liked the roster set up last year but i'm open to change.

Apart from that I agree with everything else you suggested. I'm available any of those nights too for draft

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Draft date: The Sunday is definitely the best date for me of the three.

Roster: If we have fewer players/teams it's probably good to expand the roster size. Exactly how we do that I don't have an opinion on.

Categories: Again, don't really have a strong opinion on this, though if we're going to add any, I think only add one for pitchers and one for hitters. There's no need to change things too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Sunday suits me the best as well.
    Monday - Ok-ish
    Tuesday - Out

with regards to extra categories, how about something negative for the batters like Ks or Errors....just to keep it interesting...

I'm not sure what is meant by IF, CIF and MIF (well I know what IF meant, but not the other 2)

/////////////////////////////////////////
    Draft Date:
    Sunday, 25th

Max Aquisitions:
    9!

Min Innings pitched:
    25 sounds good to me. Less chance of sitting pitchers!

Batters Catagories:
    OBP, Ks or Errors

Pitcher Catagories:
    Holds. I think it makes more pitchers worth something and forces people to study the middle innings more.

Roster Make Up:
    An extra pitcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭brilliantboy

Draft Date: Sunday 25th

Max Aquisitions: 7

Min Innings pitched: 25

Batters Categories: OBP

Pitcher Categories: K/BB

Roster Make Up: No strong feelings
    I'm not sure what is meant by IF, CIF and MIF (well I know what IF meant, but not the other 2)

Corner Infielder (1B, 3B) and Middle Infielder (2B, SS)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭boccy23

Sorry lads, by max. acquisitions I meant adds per week. If we add holds or increase number of innings pitched, then I thought we might want to increase the number of adds per week to 10.

I would rather keep the number of keepers at 6. But if everyone wants to increase this, then fine.

• Advertisement

Right here goes:

Draft Date: Sunday 25th of March at 9PM

Kepper Date: Saturday 24th

Added OBP for Batters and Holds for Pitchers to make it a 6x6 league.

Increased weekly aquisitions to 10 and min. innings pitched to 25.

I decided to lave the rest of the rosters as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

The changes look good to me.

Just 6 keepers, gonna to tough to to wittle the squad down. At the moment only 2 of mine are certain. Are the keepers revealed after the deadline passes? Would be good to know who is available in the draft after the keeper decisions have been made :)

Coeus wrote: »
    Are the keepers revealed after the deadline passes? Would be good to know who is available in the draft after the keeper decisions have been made :)

Keep them hidden! It will add to the drama ;)

Oh i am excited

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Will/can the draft work that whoever finished last last year gets first pick and the overall winner last year picks last? And then move forward like that?

Or is it random?

Also where did we fall on keepers? It was 6 but then I thought it increased to 8, now it seems to be 6 again. Can we not just meet in the middle and have 7 or something?

• Advertisement

Hey guys,

I want a few clarifications as well like 8-10.

So how does this work?

We have (maybe) 6 keepers. So does drafting start in round 7 for everyone?

Or do you miss rounds where you kept a player and get to pick rounds where you gave up a player?

I decide to keep my Round 1 draft , so I miss round 1
    I decied to give up my 3rd round player, so i pick in round 3?

Yours
    Confused

The draft setting for the keeper league is a live standard draft so my take on this is that we pick 6 keepers each and then start the draft with the remaining players with managers taking turns drafting players in a fixed back-and-forth snake format.

Yes Coeus. We "lose" the first 6 rounds based on keepers and start a random snake draft from there.

Hmmmi think I'm confusing myself but lets see.

1. We select keepers
    2. Draft begins with pool of all non keepers
    3. team 1, team 2, team 3................... all select
    4. team 3, team 2, team 1................... then select.
    5. pick til roster fills

The confusion is I dont understand this "losing of draft picks"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Iang87 wrote: »
    Hmmmi think I'm confusing myself but lets see.

The confusion is I dont understand this "losing of draft picks"

There is no losing of draft picks, as far as I understand it. This is one way of running a keeper league, that you lose the pick of the round in which you drafted each keeper, but as I see it we're not doing it that way.

The way you outlined it above is the way it's going to go. It's a normal snake draft, just without the players who have been kept being available.

Thanks for all the clarifications guys.

Just about to Finalize my keepers!
    everyone done theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Keepers finalized! I just hope there's enough decent players left to fill the massive gaps in some stats that I need.

Ok, from the suggestion by 8-10, I have decided to alter the draft slightly.
    I have set the draft order in reverse order to last years finishing positions.
    So the draft order will be as follows:
    Tolka Drakes
    Golden Nuggets
    Artful Dodgers
    HotBalls
    Seattle Seamonkeys
    Judean Peoples Front
    Homer's Homers
    K Kings
    Albuquerque Isotopes
    Henry Le Cheat III

As a Keeper League, it makes more sense to set the draft order this way. It is still a snake draft, so Tolka will have pick 1 & 20 etc.

Has the keeper deadline past? I thought it was today but at midnight tonight. I was just attempting to pick my guys there and I see a message saying that it has past :confused:

It was set for the 24th. As far I know it is midnight tonight. Will check it later when at home.

• Advertisement

boccy23 wrote: »
    It was set for the 24th. As far I know it is midnight tonight. Will check it later when at home.
    Yea, I checked the settings and they say the deadline passed this morning at 7am :confused:

Anyway I have been looking in the commish section of help and you have to finalize the picks so if you cant reopen the keeper selection. I'll send mine on via PM...

Yeah, deadline has passed. But PM me the 6 players and I can set these manually.

boccy23 wrote: »
    Yeah, deadline has passed. But PM me the 6 players and I can set these manually.
    PM sent. I would check that other teams in case anyone else missed the deadline. See everyone at the draft tommorrow evening...

Right lads. Keepers set and available Player List now shows who we can draft. Remember I have set the draft order in reverse of last years final standings.

9pm tonight. 9.

no confusion its 9 yes.

9PM tonight.

9 it is. final study of the team needs and i'm ready. I can feel it this is my year (as you can tell i'm a liverpool fan)

Iang87 wrote: »
    9 it is. final study of the team needs and i'm ready. I can feel it this is my year (as you can tell i'm a liverpool fan)
    Yes, I'm seeing 1 hour 15 mins until the start of the draft. My team needs are obvious, pitching, as all my keepers are batters...

Coeus wrote: »
    Yes, I'm seeing 1 hour 15 mins until the start of the draft. My team needs are obvious, pitching, as all my keepers are batters...

ditto!
    I am in trouble though, the window isn't loading for me properly (mock draft). the green bar goes to about 90%
    And I have tested it loads of times on this computer as well!
    balls!
    If I dont make it in, you know why!

• Advertisement

already with the excuses tut tut. I must test my connection thing now too.

Ok now that I know i'm not the only one going after pitching I have to readjust plan

Advertisement