Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free postage with Amazon.co.uk

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I think from the "Pre-order" page it seems that they may just have run out of the book?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

can you check the shipping cost before ordering?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭dubmick

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

i got my books/dvds today via dhl! Sweet!!!

FYI: the book aint half bad...enjoyed a helmans bagel for my lunch! yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

howd you check the cost of the sipping on your items before ordering?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

shortys94 wrote:
    howd you check the cost of the sipping on your items before ordering?

Put them in your basket.

Got a delivery the other day, one to come. Missus giving the Hellman's books away as xmas pressies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I'm asking the same question as shortys94 because it hasn't been answered yet.
    I chose priority shipping and applied the code. The only discount I could see was -£5.99 for the book. I went all the way to the confirm page but pulled out because at no stage did it show shipping of any sort, so I couldn't be sure if the free shipping was also applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Nunu wrote:
    I'm asking the same question as shortys94 because it hasn't been answered yet.
    I chose priority shipping and applied the code. The only discount I could see was -£5.99 for the book. I went all the way to the confirm page but pulled out because at no stage did it show shipping of any sort, so I couldn't be sure if the free shipping was also applied.

Yes it isn't really indicated but it does indicate £0.00 as total figure. I got the book and choose priority shipping and went through with it. I didn't see any shipping cost but just presumed it had been deducted. Got an e-mail confirming deducted shiping the next day. (-£19.96!) Mind you I just ordered the Book therefore I'm not sure about multiple items.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

It doesnt work anymore, only gives you free shipping on the hellmans book, so people stop getting all worked up about not seeing the price of shipping.
    Its in the top right hand corner btw before you place your order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

mcgovern wrote:
    It doesnt work anymore, only gives you free shipping on the hellmans book, so people stop getting all worked up about not seeing the price of shipping.
    Its in the top right hand corner btw before you place your order.

No, it's not. i just tried it again. I chose priority shipping and at no stage is shipping shown anywhere. I got to the last stage again and there is a 'place your order' button, with no summary of the order. The only other piece of info is where it says 'promotion applied -£5.99'.

I think it's reasonable to want to make sure I'm not being charged for shipping, especially choosing priority shipping.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

the book is back in but you only get a pound off shipping and , obviously, a free sangwitch book .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

They've pushed out delivery date of an order I placed earlier in the week (before the Hellman's book went 'out of stock') to after Christmas, even though it's IN STOCK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭hello_kitty

Ordered my books on wed, DHL delivered this morning. Saved £25 on delivery and got the U2 book for £15. (€30ish here I think)

I can't stand the sight of mayonaise but fair play to Hellmans!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I can see it now, sometime in the new year Amazon forward the bill for shipping to some guy in Hellmans and he's like 'WTF :eek:'.

:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Hi

I think they changed, you do not get free shipping in the whole order if you order other stuff, you only get a refund on the part that would be for the shipping of the book.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭dubmick

Ordered my books on wed, DHL delivered this morning. Saved £25 on delivery and got the U2 book for £15. (€30ish here I think)

I can't stand the sight of mayonaise but fair play to Hellmans!!

I told a few people about this in the office and a girl in here got Goodfella's delivered by dhl this morning!

DHL have been out to this office a few times this week. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

delly wrote:
    I can see it now, sometime in the new year Amazon forward the bill for shipping to some guy in Hellmans and he's like 'WTF :eek:'.

:D

:D:D:D €400 worth 4 me alone

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Ro-76

I can only get the 99p deduction of the shipping. Does that mean that this offer is over?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Ro-76 wrote:
    I can only get the 99p deduction of the shipping. Does that mean that this offer is over?
    I think it means that Amazon have finally copped on to their mistake, I believe you can still get the "offer" which is of a free book, not unlimited priority shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

blorg wrote:
    I think it means that Amazon have finally copped on to their mistake, I believe you can still get the "offer" which is of a free book, not unlimited priority shipping.
    Lads, this loophole has been closed since the evening of the 7th! I've learned my lesson... When you see an offer this good on this site - go for it! :)
    Originally Posted by Doodlebug
    Yeah - looks like its gone according to the MSE crowd!! Feckit! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Doodlebug wrote:
    Lads, this loophole has been closed since the evening of the 7th! I've learned my lesson... When you see an offer this good on this site - go for it! :)

No truer words...

Fortunately I have workmates across the border and I can avail of the super saver free delivery thing....just takes longer to deliver.

Advertisement