Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

YouTube channels

• 14-06-2018 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭

So I'm looking for recommendations if anyone has any, for gaming YouTube channels please.

I watch the dice tower, shut up and sit down, watch it played and there's a really enthusiastic Danish Lady who's name escapes me, but she's quite good ( I think it's just her sheer positivity).

Any good uns I'm missing? Cheers.

I should add, I'm sad enough to watch play through and set up videos of games I don't have, as well as interview, review and preview videos

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

There are quite a lot ,I am subscribed to 30+ boardgame channels including the ones you mention.
    ManvMeeple and Rahdo are top notch.

Gaming rules,jongetsgames,tantrum house,no pun included ,ready steady play , grey elephant ,Chris Bryan games,boardgamegeek channel,board to death and discriminating gamer are also well worth a watch.
    Undead Viking and marcowargamer also cover a lot of games.Although recently undead Viking has changed to mainly chatting about games.
    Also although now finished starlight citadels are also well worth a look for some of the older games.

By far the most entertaining ,as in LOL is “inside the box” they have some great reviews :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

There are quite a lot ,I am subscribed to 30+ boardgame channels including the ones you mention.
    ManvMeeple and Rahdo are top notch.

Gaming rules,jongetsgames,tantrum house,no pun included ,ready steady play , grey elephant and discriminating gamer are also well worth a watch.
    Undead Viking and marcowargamer also cover a lot of games.Although recently undead Viking has changed to mainly chatting about games.
    Although now finished starlight citadels are also well worth a look for some of the older games.

By far the most entertaining ,as in LOL is “inside the box”. :D

Excellent, thanks, that should keep me busy for a while!

Also I forgot to mention Ricky royal has some great play through of games which really help when learning.Also the no BS guide is where I learned to play caverna.

Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Think I may ring in sick for the next few shifts at work, sounds like there's weeks worth of viewing to look forward to.

Edit: actually on further viewing I have seen a couple of the recommended channels before, but still a shed load I haven't seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ballsdeep69

K-Ghost Heffo - check out this fortnite gamer he is an Irish youtuber, regular uploads replies to all comments great for keeping the kids occupied :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I'm a fan of Before You Play; they've started doing some playthrough vids for Watch it Played but have a ton of other stuff on their own channel. Good camera layout (high quality top down view of the board and another facing them they switch between) and they both seem to know the game well so no massive spots of them sitting there thinking or wondering about particular rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Yeah I'd second Before you Play. Great set up, just talking you through the game then just playing away. No gimmicks or playing to the camera like some channels do.
    Also have watched No Rolls Barred a little bit too, very enjoyable group. Pretty funny gang most of the time...maybe the games clips are little bit long for my liking though but fun none the less.

Boardgameco is worth watching if you back kickstarters but also for game insights/reviews.
    He’s saved me a lot of money with his common sense approach to back or not to back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Most of my Regular youtubes are wargaming unboxings or Painting tips.

Grayprimer has a great enthusiasm for the minis.

And Camospecs online keep me entertained with their Battletech related content

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw72skaSLl7jjgsbZVaZ6jw

• Advertisement
Advertisement