Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CORAL Account Closed funds still in account

• 09-11-2020 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I opened an account with coral on Monday or Tuesday of last week. On the day I opened the account I deposited approx 60-65 euro.
    I won big playing roulette and blackjack and my balance ended up at 675 euro.
    Before withdrawing the funds I decided to look up online about the withdrawal process for coral and saw a number of 1 star reviews and people claiming that coral were closing peoples accounts in order to not pay out and giving them there deposit back instead.
    So as a precaution. I took a picture of my balance and then begun the WITHDRAWAL PROCESS.
    I was then asked for a number of documents to prove my identity for verification. After sending all these documents off.

I withdrew the 675 to my PayPal account which appeared as pending on my transaction history.

I waited a day or two until Thursday and still hadn't received any emails stating that my account had been verified so I messaged there live chat service and emailed there customer services department enquiring and got only automated responses.

During a live chat conversation I mentioned that I would like them to process my documents as soon as they could because I knew that if it took 3 days (72 hours) to verify my account it would take an additional 3 to 5 days for it to be in my account.

On Friday evening I attempted to log into my CORAL account and a banner appeared stating that my account was closed and that I was to contact there customer service department for further information after a few hours I first received an email stating that they required more documentation Which I promptly sent.
    I enquired as to why my account was closed and they siad that during and conversation with a member of there live chat team I made a concerning comment.

I guessed that maybe they taught that my push for a speedy verification was me being a degenerate gambler or something which I'm not I just wanted them to do there job in an expeditious way it had been 3 days since I sent them everything so I was fairly within my right to be asking questions at this stage.

They then siad that my account was closed and up for further review and that my withdrawal was reversed and that the review team where going to be making a decision on whether to exclude me from accessing my account.

Over the weekend I left it go because there customer service department was closed and today I messaged them again but got no response.
    I tried twitter and posted my complaint on there twitter page which obviously got a speedy response from there sales department of all places.

I presume to stop any bad publicity the answer was the same the review team is looking into it.
    If there promoting these great bets on there page they don't want someone showing them that they won't pay out if you win.

I was also asked to fill out a questionnaire which had questions like do I have a gambling problem and do I wish to continue using our service I was fairly upset by being asked these questions but I answered them anyway and sent them off.
    I received an automated response again.
    Some of there responses seem like someone modified them because there are spelling errors but it's always the same sh1t " we understand your frustration at this time Shane but or review team will be making a decision soon".

If you reading I can provide you with all my communications with them and a picture of my pending withdrawal of 675 which I have kept on my phone since last week thanks for taking the time to read my post

Yours sincerely Shane H

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ste551

is this the same guy as the bet victor dude.

Gambling sites job is to take your money

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I opened an account with coral on Monday or Tuesday of last week. On the day I opened the account I deposited approx 60-65 euro.
    I won big playing roulette and blackjack and my balance ended up at 675 euro.
    Before withdrawing the funds I decided to look up online about the withdrawal process for coral and saw a number of 1 star reviews and people claiming that coral were closing peoples accounts in order to not pay out and giving them there deposit back instead.
    So as a precaution. I took a picture of my balance and then begun the WITHDRAWAL PROCESS.
    I was then asked for a number of documents to prove my identity for verification. After sending all these documents off.

I withdrew the 675 to my PayPal account which appeared as pending on my transaction history.

I waited a day or two until Thursday and still hadn't received any emails stating that my account had been verified so I messaged there live chat service and emailed there customer services department enquiring and got only automated responses.

During a live chat conversation I mentioned that I would like them to process my documents as soon as they could because I knew that if it took 3 days (72 hours) to verify my account it would take an additional 3 to 5 days for it to be in my account.

On Friday evening I attempted to log into my CORAL account and a banner appeared stating that my account was closed and that I was to contact there customer service department for further information after a few hours I first received an email stating that they required more documentation Which I promptly sent.
    I enquired as to why my account was closed and they siad that during and conversation with a member of there live chat team I made a concerning comment.

I guessed that maybe they taught that my push for a speedy verification was me being a degenerate gambler or something which I'm not I just wanted them to do there job in an expeditious way it had been 3 days since I sent them everything so I was fairly within my right to be asking questions at this stage.

They then siad that my account was closed and up for further review and that my withdrawal was reversed and that the review team where going to be making a decision on whether to exclude me from accessing my account.

Over the weekend I left it go because there customer service department was closed and today I messaged them again but got no response.
    I tried twitter and posted my complaint on there twitter page which obviously got a speedy response from there sales department of all places.

I presume to stop any bad publicity the answer was the same the review team is looking into it.
    If there promoting these great bets on there page they don't want someone showing them that they won't pay out if you win.

I was also asked to fill out a questionnaire which had questions like do I have a gambling problem and do I wish to continue using our service I was fairly upset by being asked these questions but I answered them anyway and sent them off.
    I received an automated response again.
    Some of there responses seem like someone modified them because there are spelling errors but it's always the same sh1t " we understand your frustration at this time Shane but or review team will be making a decision soon".

If you reading I can provide you with all my communications with them and a picture of my pending withdrawal of 675 which I have kept on my phone since last week thanks for taking the time to read my post

Yours sincerely Shane H

Bookmakers are getting worse when it comes to paying out winnings to punters.
    Sounds like they are planning on making it near impossible for you to withdraw funds for whatever reason.
    If you have supplied all the documentation they have asked for, there is no reason not to pay you.

Some bookmakers have been given low ratings for withdrawals in part due to the number of under 18's depositing money.
    They don't get asked for verification by some bookmakers for a while (this is changing) and gamble away.
    Some of them win and they then try to withdraw it.
    They of course run into problems with verification of the account and the bookmaker will close the account on them and the u18 punters don't get refunded the initial stakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Why would you go to all the bother of withdrawing money from an account ,way easier to just put the whole lot on any 1 horse in a 2 horse race with both at even odds then calmly walk into your local bookmakers and put the same amount on the other horse and I am using the horse word literally.Just hope the bookmaker one is the winner otherwise you have to repeat the process

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭akelly02

thats some advice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭markc91

Contact ibas anyone that opens an account with a bookmaker should be aware who they are

• Advertisement

cute geoge wrote: »
    Why would you go to all the bother of withdrawing money from an account ,way easier to just put the whole lot on any 1 horse in a 2 horse race with both at even odds then calmly walk into your local bookmakers and put the same amount on the other horse and I am using the horse word literally.Just hope the bookmaker one is the winner otherwise you have to repeat the process

Guess you haven't backed in many 2 horse races?
    There's bookmaker margins so wouldn't be "pick em" at evens both, more like 4/5 and 10/11 area.
    You could back (bookie) and lay (exchange) at near enough same price or close without commission though.
    There are occasions where you could do both at the same price but that is very rare and normally doesn't last.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

cute geoge wrote: »

With a name like that I'm afraid that's anything but cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

had a similiar problem years ago after winning at cheltenham

coral had a great sign up offer and I won a few hundred but the problem was my docs failed the verification process which was bs as one was a passport ffs, sent driving licence also
    they wouldnt give a reason as to why no matter how often I sent them either.

I went onto their twitter page and the whole lot was sorted in a matter of minutes

post your tweet and maybe a few of us here can aid your cause, it might
    just help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Choosehowevr.

Stinks to hell

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is this common across the board? just opened an account with betfair

• Advertisement

fryup wrote: »

It's getting worse I'm afraid.
    All the new regs regarding ID verification/Money Laundering means the bookies have to be 100% sure the documents are correct and correctly verified.
    The fines for the bookies for not doing it properly now are pretty big so it's in their interest to make sure it's done and that's why they won't release any funds/freeze your account until it's done.
    In the old days, you could open an account and leave the verification forms etc until you were weeks in after opening the account and had received 2 or 3 mails, now it has to be done nearly immediately.
    Once done and confirmed correctly, it's all fine or should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭Augme

fryup wrote: »

You'll be asked for documents to verify but they won't refuse to give you your money back. Most bookies will give you your winnings and just close your account if you win too much.

Betfair exchange is the ideal place to be really as they'll never do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i sent them a photo id of my driver's licence...they responded by saying it'll take 48hr to verify

but in the meantime i put a bet on today's rugby...so whats if the bet comes through before the verification...is it deemed null & void?

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

As has been said, bookies have been hit pretty hard with fines for lax anti-money-laundering. So their ID verification has become stricter.

If your documents are in order, you're over 18, and you're not breaching any of their terms and conditions (e.g. by abusing signup offers, or using inside tips) you should get your money eventually although it can take a long time. They may block withdrawals or even lock your account completely if you're pending verification.

It seems to be a frustrating process for some though. There is an option of escalating complaints eventually to the gambling regulator of wherever the bookie is based.

The government has talked about revising the gambling laws here which presumably would involve setting up a local regulator here.

i sent them a photo id of my driver's licence...they responded by saying it'll take 48hr to verify

Would have thought they would ask you for proof of address as well?
    but in the meantime i put a bet on today's rugby...so whats if the bet comes through before the verification...is it deemed null & void?

If they accept the bet, the bet is valid.
    You can bet away if they allow you as the 48 hours to verify the account is from them.
    You'll run into a problem if you went to withdraw it before verification though.
    athlone573 wrote: »
    As has been said, bookies have been hit pretty hard with fines for lax anti-money-laundering. So their ID verification has become stricter.

If your documents are in order, you're over 18, and you're not breaching any of their terms and conditions (e.g. by abusing signup offers, or using inside tips) you should get your money eventually although it can take a long time. They may block withdrawals or even lock your account completely if you're pending verification.

It seems to be a frustrating process for some though. There is an option of escalating complaints eventually to the gambling regulator of wherever the bookie is based.

The government has talked about revising the gambling laws here which presumably would involve setting up a local regulator here.

The Irish government have been talking about appointing a gambling regulator for years and nothing has happened yet and won't for a while, other events has put it on the back burner.

Advertisement