Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy SII I9100 SGS2 Modding Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

I was checking my battery stats and noticed that WIFI SHARING was eating into it. Checked up online there and apparantely its a software problem, to be fixed in the next version...yeah right ;)

Just froze Wifi Sharing & Wifi Sharing Manager using Titanium Backup. Looks like its stopped it alright :)
    Ti is a great app have it syncing with my dropbox account now :) and have set up a schedule for backups.

Anyone updated to 2.3.4 yet? Any issues/advantages?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,670 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

lafors wrote: »
    I was checking my battery stats and noticed that WIFI SHARING was eating into it. Checked up online there and apparantely its a software problem, to be fixed in the next version...yeah right ;)

Just froze Wifi Sharing & Wifi Sharing Manager using Titanium Backup. Looks like its stopped it alright :)
    Ti is a great app have it syncing with my dropbox account now :) and have set up a schedule for backups.

Anyone updated to 2.3.4 yet? Any issues/advantages?

your using the pro version i take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Cyrus wrote: »
    your using the pro version i take it?

Yeah, worth it imho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Spreadsheet looks to be down, but it came from this forum, have a read and see for yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

3.1 available now..:)

20/07/2011
    CF-Root oxa KG2 kernel
    fully deodexed again
    overscroll glow
    crt effect
    extended power menu
    RTL language support
    fixed bluetooth audio
    sip over wifi and 3g
    new swype
    new market
    mms mod
    lag browser, just install whatever you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Looks like there are still some issues with 3.1

Bluetooth not working correctly
    battery level indicator is erratic
    low phone volume
    selecting text FC applications

Aside from that the reports seem great XD

Think I'll continue to stay on 2.2 until 3.2 fixes the above, which I presume will be forthcoming by the weekend.

morning all, i changed to the latest 'stock' 2.3.4 rom last night

alls good except i seem to have an issue with CWM now where the nandroid back up menu isnt there at all any more when i reboot into cw recovery mode??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

morning all, i changed to the latest 'stock' 2.3.4 rom last night

alls good except i seem to have an issue with CWM now where the nandroid back up menu isnt there at all any more when i reboot into cw recovery mode??

Are you still rooted then? check if you have superuser permissions

Sorry, just saw your other thread.
    As I understand it CWM was created by chainfire, are you using one of his kernels?

Zagato wrote: »
    Are you still rooted then? check if you have superuser permissions

Sorry, just saw your other thread.
    As I understand it CWM was created by chainfire, are you using one of his kernels?

yes its from his thread, altho i havent used super on click because it wont work any more, but i have super user permissions from flashing kernel anyway :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Could someone point me to a guide as how to put back origanal firmware etc as i may be
    selling it.
    Im on lite ning 2.2 ROM.
    Tried searching XDA site but dont fully understand all this flash stuff.
    If there is a guide i could follow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

can i go straight from lite'ning 2.2 to 3.1 or do i need to flash 3.0 first ??

tnx

eta:
    iggy wrote: »
    Could someone point me to a guide as how to put back origanal firmware etc as i may be
    selling it.
    Im on lite ning 2.2 ROM.
    Tried searching XDA site but dont fully understand all this flash stuff.
    If there is a guide i could follow

i'm new to this, but i did what you want the other day, first i reflashed back to stock kernel with odin ...this was the name of the file I9100XWKE2_Kernel.tar
    and then i flashed with odin to stock firmware with a file called I9100XWKE2_I9100XXKDJ_I9100XEUKD1.TAR they are all linked in the xda samgsung thread

just run odin go to PDA box, browse to the desired file, and start to flash, phone must be in recovery mode for each step, turn off phone, hold volume down / home /and power for a few seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I went straight from 2.2 to 3.1 without any problems. Lost my green theme though :(

Just about to Flash VR2.1 and then KG2 radio and Kernel (chainfire)

Browsing XDA for a nice theme next

• Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Ok running lightening 1.5 is there an updated version and how do you install it ?

Also I got the Jig and turned phone off and put in the jig and the phone does not turn back on again? I want to get rid of the yellow triangle like the below. Do I have to do something else or is it faulty ?

What is the CognitionS2 1.15 Rom like in comparison to lightening ?

Grassey wrote: »
    Looks like there are still some issues with 3.1

Bluetooth not working correctly
    battery level indicator is erratic
    low phone volume
    selecting text FC applications

Aside from that the reports seem great XD

Think I'll continue to stay on 2.2 until 3.2 fixes the above, which I presume will be forthcoming by the weekend.

I upgraded and the battery isnt lasting p1ssing time. I am on holidays so it dont really matter.:)

iPwnage wrote: »
    can i go straight from lite'ning 2.2 to 3.1 or do i need to flash 3.0 first ??

tnx

eta:

i'm new to this, but i did what you want the other day, first i reflashed back to stock kernel with odin ...this was the name of the file I9100XWKE2_Kernel.tar
    and then i flashed with odin to stock firmware with a file called I9100XWKE2_I9100XXKDJ_I9100XEUKD1.TAR they are all linked in the xda samgsung thread

just run odin go to PDA box, browse to the desired file, and start to flash, phone must be in recovery mode for each step, turn off phone, hold volume down / home /and power for a few seconds

Tried to do this but didnt work.
    I flashed Vodafone Ireland firmware then flashed the kernel.
    Everything seemed to go fine but after reboot i wasnt abke to connect to anything or even make a csll or get onto dialer screen.
    Errors keep popping uo like ' android and google process.acove ', i then have to force ckose.

I have flashed back to litening 2.2 until i can get a fix.

lads, what is the defaul 2.3.4 font, ive been trying a few and cant remember what stock was!

also any way removing the villain rom boot screen at all?

No idea what the default font is.

I have this theme which is pretty good (b/w menus, circle battery mod, CRT effect)

I don't think the question is so much how do you get rid of the Villainrom boot animation, as what boot animation do you want. Lots incorporated into themes, or on their own in XDA themes forum

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

lads, what is the defaul 2.3.4 font, ive been trying a few and cant remember what stock was!

also any way removing the villain rom boot screen at all?

Is it Droid Sans?

http://www.google.com/webfonts/specimen/Droid+Sans

• Advertisement

Hmmm, just noticed that since i flashed villain 2.1, my predictive text isnt working? i use std samsung keyboard

anyone encounter similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 R.P.McMurphy

So just to get this straight: I have lightning 1.5 on my Samsung SII, but I can flash this to 2.2 without going to 2.0 first?

And also when flashing this, as my phone is now rooted I just have to move it to my phone and use CWM to flash it rather than through Odin like the first time I flashed my phone.

Want to upgrade but just want to make sure as I freak out about these things going wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

So just to get this straight: I have lightning 1.5 on my Samsung SII, but I can flash this to 2.2 without going to 2.0 first?

And also when flashing this, as my phone is now rooted I just have to move it to my phone and use CWM to flash it rather than through Odin like the first time I flashed my phone.

Want to upgrade but just want to make sure as I freak out about these things going wrong!

I was in the same boat as you. I had Lightening 1.5 but have upgraded it to recent version I got from xda developers. I used Odin and did not upgrade to 2.0 first. Thats my 2c for what its worth and I am a noobie in relation to rooting.

On a separate note what browsers are people using. I have the standard installed browser but it does not have a home button. Have tried both Skyfire and Opera have not tried Mozilla still trying to see whats best for me. Any other good ones out there?

Using GoSms for texting is there anywhere I can get a delivery report?

Thinking of getting Launcher Pro plus from the market anyone have it is it worth it

Finally is it easy to create an animated boot screen looking for one where droid bashes apple logo

Finally Finally.. I got a jig from mobiletechvideo and it did not work got a mail from them saying they are sending a new one :) Goodbye Yellow Triangle

On a separate note what browsers are people using. I have the standard installed browser but it does not have a home button. Have tried both Skyfire and Opera have not tried Mozilla still trying to see whats best for me. Any other good ones out there?
    Give Dolphin HD a try. Its my personal favourite at the moment. Lots of add-ons available for it too
    Using GoSms for texting is there anywhere I can get a delivery report?
    Thought there was a setting for that and it just shows on each sent message in the conversation thread
    Thinking of getting Launcher Pro plus from the market anyone have it is it worth it
    I used to swear by it but updates have been getting slower and slower. Its been surpassed by ADW & Go Launcher at this stage IMO
    Finally is it easy to create an animated boot screen looking for one where droid bashes apple logo
    On the HTCs they were just a sequence of .png files. Not sure if theyre the same on samsung (cant see why not). XDA would have a few guides on how to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

+1 for dolphin HD

FF is dyer imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

i have recently got this phone and have no idea what I'm doing regards rooting/roms tbh.

What would people suggest?

(looking at you chin :P)

I know nothing >_>
    What you wanna know? :)

Just flashed Litening 3.2. Seems good so far apart from the lag in the stock browser.
    im using Dolphin and it works good great with this Rom.
    Anyone else flashed it yet
    Its too early to see how battery life is but the phone is running very smoothly.
    The guy had people testing the Rom before he released it. Hope its better than the other updates with were rushed and had quite a few bugs.

iggy wrote: »
    Just flashed Litening 3.2. Seems good so far apart from the lag in the stock browser.
    im using Dolphin and it works good great with this Rom.
    Anyone else flashed it yet
    Its too early to see how battery life is but the phone is running very smoothly.
    The guy had people testing the Rom before he released it. Hope its better than the other updates with were rushed and had quite a few bugs.

Flashing as I speak.. Where do I get Dolphin??

• Advertisement

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Flashing as I speak.. Where do I get Dolphin??

Get dolphin browser in the market

Advertisement