Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Celebrity Slim

• 11-07-2008 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi, started this 3 days ago and have lost 4lbs already

basically you replace 2 meals with shakes and cut out carbs
    it tough but i got a result early so that has motivated me to keep going...

just wondering is anyone else doin this or have done this and how is it going for you

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Just glanced at the site

http://www.celebrityslim.ie/faq.html#nutrition

seems they are using the same faux-pharmaceutical marketing ploy as lipotrim, i.e. restricting sales to pharmcies while there is no reason it could not be on sale in a supermarket, it is simply food, not medication. But at least they are not starving you like lipotrim do!

I expect it is overpriced for what it is, you can get protein powders and meal replacements in standard supplement stores.
    www.pronutrition.ie
    www.irish-lifting.com
    www.thesupplementfactory.com
    www.nutritionx.ie

NutritionX do one specifically blended for women which gets good reports, slender pro, and I would imagine is cheaper than the celebrity one. You could have a look at that, it could be on sale on a few sites above, so shop around.

4lb in a few days is a lot, a lot of this will be just fluids you are losing, rather than fat, so do not get disheartened when you do not drop much in the next while, keep a list of all your weights on the scale. Keep track of overall weight loss. You might well go up 2lb next week, but that is still 2lb lost over 2 weeks which is good going. You should aim for 1-2lb max loss per week. Also depending on your hydration levels the scale can vary, 1L of water weighs 2.2lb, you can easily drink or lose that.

These programs are useful for many since they instil portion control, which is most peoples problem in the first place. The faux-pharmacuetical edge to them means you may be less likely to have a sneaky second packet/scoop, like you might with slimfast. People tend to follow instructions from pharmacists to the T, this is why this works, but you pay over the odds just for that. A digital scales is essential for portion control.

There is no real need for these programs if you control all your meals you can eat proper whole foods in moderation. They can help people kick start fat loss, but really you need to change your eating habits for life, it is not that hard once you find foods you like, and control the portions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 kudzRS

Hi thanks for the reply,

"NutritionX do one specifically blended for women which gets good reports"

do think this would do as i am male LOL :P:P ...

here is the one i doin:
    http://www.celebrityslim4him.com.au/shtml/main.shtml

the celebrity one costs €35 per week, that lipotrim is almost double the price but i dont mind the money as i will have that from the takeaways i used to get

thanks for the info

kudzRS wrote: »
    do think this would do as i am male LOL :P:P ...
    :D sorry, usually it is people presuming all posters are men!

So I am guessing that is the 60g sachets, 2 a day, so 14x60g=840g for €35, so ~€40 per kilo, not as bad as lipotrim. I expect you could knock an alternative up for €20/kilo easily.

Per 60g Serve Per 100g
    Energy 869 kJ 1580 kJ
    Protein 18.5g 33.6g
    Fat - Total 2.4g 4.4g
    Fat - Saturated 1.3g 2.4g
    Carbohydrate - Total 27.4g 49.8g
    Carbohydrate - Sugars 24.6 44.7
    Sodium mg 210mg 382mg
    Vitamin A mcg 190mcg 345mcg
    Vitamin B1 mg 0.28mg 0.51mg
    Vitamin B2 mg 0.43mg 0.78mg
    Vitamin B6 mg 0.41mg 0.75mg
    Vitamin B12 mcg 0.51mcg 0.93mcg
    Niacin mg 2.5mg 4.5mg
    Vitamin C mg 10.1mg 18.4mg
    Vitamin D mcg 2.5mcg 4.55mcg
    Vitamin E mg 2.6mg 4.7mg
    Vitamin K mcg 8.6mcg 15.6mcg
    Pantothenic Acid mg 0.28mg 0.51mg
    Folate mcg 51mcg 92.7mcg
    Biotin mg 4.3mcg 7.8mcg
    Calcium mg 400mg 727mg
    Potassium mg 200mg 363mg
    Phosphorus mg 360mg 655mg
    Manganese mg 0.24mg 0.44mg
    Chromium mcg 9.7mcg 17.6mcg
    Copper mg 0.14mg 0.25mg
    Molybdenum mg 12.1mcg 22mcg
    Magnesium mg 81mg 147mg
    Iron mg 3.1mg 5.6mg
    Zinc mg 3.1mg 5.6mg
    Selenium mcg 5mcg 9.1mcg
    Iodine mcg 38mcg 69mcg

Typical Ingredient Listing:

Skim Milk Powder, Fructose, Calcium Caseinate, Pro Libra Whey Protein Concentrate, Vegetable Oil, Glucose Syrup Solids, Soy Protein Isolate, Maltodextrin, FibreSol 2, Flavours [Wheat Derived], Minerals (Dairy Calcium, Tricalcium Phosphate, Magnesium Oxide, Ferrous Sulphate, Zinc Sulphate, Manganese Sulphate, Copper Sulphate, Potassium Iodide Sodium Molybate, Chromium Chloride, Selenium Methionine), Fructooligosaccharide, Thickener (412), Emulsifiers (339,471, 472C, 450), Vitamins (A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C, D, E, K Folate, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Biotin), Green Tea Extract, Antioxidant (306) {Soy Derived}.
    They give out a fair amount of info there, your own version include fresher stuff, like fruit instead of fructose (thought fruit's sugar is not just fructose) and real fresh milk instead of skimmed powder. Ingredients are listed in order of greatest and all those top of the list are readily available. You could well get a multivitamin tablet that would have a lot of the rest, or similar. You get skim milk powder in supermarkets easy, the rest in most health shops or supplement stores. A lot of sugar in there, almost 50%, seems it is just being bulked out, you might actually make a better version yourself, some other poster might know of a ready formulated mix that could be a good alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I did spend some time in McCabes reading the labels and noticed that on the bars, the calories for fat, protein and carbs don't add up total cals. Might be worth checking...

Agree it's another version of Lipotrim, and you should be able to do better yourself. All the sachets and bars seem to have skim milk and some form of sugar as the first ingredients.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mollypet

Going to start today going to Chemist today, need to lose 2st. :confused:

• Advertisement

There are much better ways. Cheaper too. If you read the labels, there are a lot of junk fillers in it which I consider a huge waste of calories.

Something like Celerbrity Slim might be useful if you are going to a weekend conference where you don't have much control of your food, so you have a calorie controlled snack.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

This was huge in Australia since I was there. Does anyone find the name slightly exploitative of young girls with body image issues?

One warning I will give is that you'll have to learn to eat healthily some time after you've lost the weight or else you'll put all the weight back on.. why not just do it now and get slower but more sustainable losses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Dub_girl_101

Couldn't help but notice this on an add recently and laughed at the clowns who would fall for such BS tbh.

Apparently if you substitute your breakfast and lunch with one of these shakes or (chocolate fudge bar) and you have a healthy dinner (for 7 days)you could lose up to a stone in a week.

However...I was in the pharmacy yesterday and noticed a woman buying it and telling the pharmacist how its working wonders for her. So i took it upon myself to enquire about it. Got speaking to the pharmacist and apparently its selling like cupcakes!

Think i've fallen into the trap...has anyone here tried it and does it work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I'm moving and merging this to an existing thread in Nutrition & Diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭mack1

Couldn't help but notice this on an add recently and laughed at the clowns who would fall for such BS tbh.
    well you know what they say about your first impression!
    Apparently if you substitute your breakfast and lunch with one of these shakes or (chocolate fudge bar) and you have a healthy dinner (for 7 days)you could lose up to a stone in a week.

If you substitued your breakfast and lunch for a packet of M&Ms, ate a healthy dinner and nothing else throughout the day you would also lose weight - but do you want weigh less or do you want to look and feel better?

• Advertisement

Ah yes the M&M diet, take one 3 times a day 10am, 2pm, 7pm, ON AN EMPTY STOMACH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Leahsim

EileenG wrote: »
    There are much better ways. Cheaper too. If you read the labels, there are a lot of junk fillers in it which I consider a huge waste of calories.

Something like Celerbrity Slim might be useful if you are going to a weekend conference where you don't have much control of your food, so you have a calorie controlled snack.

I'm new to boards.ie so just want to say HI to everyone.

Eileen I agree about what you say about the fillers etc... But is't that the whole point of the diet in the first place. I've been on CS now for the last 6 weeks and I'm doing quite well without too much stress. I've lost 35lbs so far. Lat year I did LT. I lasted 4 weeks and I suffered. The idea of not been able to eat at all was very difficult. Any diet with shakes, bars, tablets all have fillers in them to help you lose weight. I'm not saying that it's a good idea for long term use but neither is being 6 stone over weight! It won't work for everyone but so far...fingers crossed it's working for me.

Leah. :D:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Bubble19

Leah did u really loose that mush weight in such a short time...thats brilliant id love to try it myself!! The name kinda puts me off tho!! Tried LT last year lasted about 2days think its mind over matter really...i was gagging drinking the shakes!! Can you eat a proper meal during CS? Im really interested in this now and when i saw the add i laughed and said 'who in their right mind would use that cr*p!!

Cheers in advance...

I know...when I first saw the add i thought to myself...what eejit is gonna go for that. But I guess I'm the eejit now!:D:D. The shakes on LT were yuk. I could only manage 2 a day. I actually threw the blender away coz the thought of anything else going in there after LT was stomach churning.
    The shakes on CS are fine. They are quite sweet though but you wouldn't gag. There are bars as well which I haven't tried yet. I'm going to stay with the shakes until I lose 4 stone and then try the bars. But the best bit is you can have your dinner. I usually have a chicken veg stirfry. There are certain veggies you can't eat and you can't eat any carbs. It's really easy. I've been on all the diets out there. U name it I've done it.
    This is the first time that I know I can do it and stick to it and reach my goal. It's a shame about the name though!!:)

Ya and i think ill be another eejit monday morning so...!! Ill go into the chemist saturday and get a load of it and give it a go so! Is it expensive? I think the dinner would get me through the day would have something to look forward to in the evening!! Hope this works for me now im really looking forward to getting started!!

Cheers...

mack1 wrote: »
    well you know what they say about your first impression!

If you substitued your breakfast and lunch for a packet of M&Ms, ate a healthy dinner and nothing else throughout the day you would also lose weight - but do you want weigh less or do you want to look and feel better?

Yeah, you probably would lose weight if you did that but theres not much nutrition in a pack of M&Ms! And they wouldn't fill you up for that long either. It's working for me so I think I'll pass on the M&Ms..thanks!

Hi Bubble, Give it a go. It's worth a try. You can also have 3 snacks a day as well so you won't feel deprived. There's a list of the foods you can and can't have...but for example a day would be like this for me. I'd have a shake in the morning and then few hours later I'd have half cup of strawberries, then 2 hours later I'd have another shake. Then you can have another snack. Then in the evening I'd have my dinner (chicken steak or fish with veggies from the list) and you can have another snack after that again if you want. You can also drink tea coffee diet drinks and wine...but there is a limit! or me it's so easy. At the beginning I kept reading the book coz I thougt I read it wrong! 2 and half stone in 6 weeks and not much excercise. I have a 2 year old so he keeps me on the move! It costs about €30 for 14 shakes (week supply). shaker is €5, book is another €5. Try and get the starter pack and you'll get everything in that for €43. They didn't have that when I started so I had to buy everything seperately.

Best of luck....I really hope it works for you.

Hi, Just wondering how you're getting on with CS. I started 6 weeks ago and I'm doing well so far.

Leah

kudzRS wrote: »
    Hi, started this 3 days ago and have lost 4lbs already

basically you replace 2 meals with shakes and cut out carbs
    it tough but i got a result early so that has motivated me to keep going...

just wondering is anyone else doin this or have done this and how is it going for you

Thanks

Hi, Just wondering how you're getting on with CS.

Leah

Thanks Leah im going to start this monday as its the bank holiday weekend ill def be hitting the town so no point starting today or tomorrow. Would love if i got the same result as you as ive 6weeks til i start a new chapter in my life which is College... Thanks for the advice and i wish you all the best.
    Fill me in on your progress now ya hear...lol,
    Cheers Bubble.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pink08

First of all just wanna say congrats to Leah for doing so well! 35lbs thats fantastic! I started it last monday and have lost 3kg so far without too much stress! I'm finding it grand to be honest and i look forward to my healthy evening meal and really enjoy it!

Bubble have you started yet? How are u finding it?

Hey pink08,

Was really into starting this Monday and would you believe they dont stock this in Co.Waterford or Co.Tipp im from Waterford and i think its jus ridiculous the closest is Co.Cork for me which is 1 1/2 hours drive from my house!!

Im so p'd off about this as i was really looking forward to it!!

But i found a website that sell it online and am going to order it as soon as i can! But having to order it everyweek will be a pain as the delivery is quite expensive!!

But i supose it will be worth it in the end of the day!!

Honestly, you could put together similar meals for yourself with some decent whey (available in health food shops, some chemists and all gyms), some chicken breast/tuna and veg, and a few other things like cottage cheese.

Hi Pink, Well done to you. Around the 6th day is the hardest and you might feel a bit tempted by certain foods. Just keep in mind why you're doing it and you should be able to get past it.
    Today was my 7th week and I lost 1 stone this week! So far I've lost 49lbs which is 3 and half stone in 7 weeks! I just can't believe it because I've been on so many diets and was nearly not going to start this one because I was afraid of failing again.
    I have the odd Mr Freeze now and then as my sneaky treat. I'd prefer chocolate but I just don't go there.

Keep it up.

Leah XX

Eileen, I take your point but for me this is far more convienient. I do shift work and I have a 2 year old. I don't want to be puttng meals together. And also, obviously the shakes have fillers in them to help you feel full and have the right amount of calories etc...
    I also need a strick plan or I will divert back to my usual ways especially at the beginning. When I get to my goal weight I will definitely look into what you are saying.

Leah, i just saw your reply there and i must say a big enormous congrats to you that weight loss is ab amazing fair play to you.
    As you probably saw above i tried to get the CS in my area and was not available so i have to resort to getiing it off the internet. Will have to order a few packs at a time as the delivery is expensive! But i am going to order it asap as im really eager to get started.
    Your weight loss is great im thrilled to hear good feedback about this.
    Can i ask you a few Q's? How are u feeling health wise? Do u feel more confident to continue now that you have a mega weight loss? Energy...do u have alot of it...as it stated on the website that you would have alot of energy?

Cheers in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pink08

leah congrats again! thats amazing! Well into my second week at this stage and getting on grand! don't feel hungry at all during the day, have plenty of energy and really enjoy my evening meal. Drinking plenty of water & Finding the program really great! have tried almost everything at this stage but this is really working for me! Eileen i know what you're saying but i wouldn't know where to start in trying to put it together for myself, this way its done for me and i don't have to think about it.

Leah what kind of meals are you putting together for your dinner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Star20

Hi, im new to boards. Ive seen all the comments above and am very interested in starting CS over the next week. Any positive advice? Am really looking forward to starting! What chemists can it be purchased at?

Leah your weight loss was amazing hope to get simular results myself.
    Good work keep it up. How are u feeling health wise? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Hey Im a Guy And thinking of starting , can i just use the normal CS cause i dont know if they sell the CS for men in my local Pharmacy.

Also for my meal , could i have brown rice, skinless chicken and a curry sauce?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Star20

justbringit89 i just typed Celebrity Slim for men into a google search and a website designed for men came up. Hope the info your looking for is here.

Here it goes...
    http://www.celebrityslim4him.com.au/shtml/main.shtml

Best of Luck

Edit:Just checked there the Ladies shakes contain 55g while Mens contain 60g! thats the only difference.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement