Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boojum Meal Kits 40% Off

• 26-11-2020 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭

First 500 orders only. Seems like a good deal, €17.70 delivered for a cook at home meal for 4.

Use code ATHOME40

http://shop.boojummex.com

20201126-160824.jpg

Comments

I just put everything in their kit into Tesco's website and it came to less than €15 with some sauce left over. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I just put everything in their kit into Tesco's website and it came to less than €15 with some sauce left over. ;)

Fair dues and that's a good point too. But I'm buying this for Boojum flavours..

Nice to try this all the same, 17 quid delivered and it includes their own marinated chicken, rice blend etc.

Wouldn't have paid full price obviously. But nice for a treat to try!

It's a bargain for what you're getting from a known restaurant brand. Delivered to your home.

You could compare the supermarket vs restaurant prices for any restaurant..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Same grated cheese, sour cream, tomato salsa & salsa verde as Boojums?

As businesses adapt to Covid, it's unlikely that they will be able to complete with giants like Tesco.

We bought a home kit from a local burger joint, I could have saved €15 going to Tesco and bought similar ingredients, but it wouldn't have tasted the same. The burgers from the kits tasted exactly like they do in the restaurant. I could have shopped Tesco for an hour and still not have got the flavour combinations correct.

Nabber wrote: »
    Same grated cheese, sour cream, tomato salsa & salsa verde as Boojums?

Obviously not, but it's all subjective. Some people prefer the ones in Tesco to the ones in Boojum and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Deadly, ta, looking forward to that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You pay for the convenience.
    You can buy bread - or you can buy cheaper flour, yeast etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Ty OP. Ordered for next Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Obviously not, but it's all subjective. Some people prefer the ones in Tesco to the ones in Boojum and vice versa.

Not sure the point here.

The argument about Tesco price above could be applied to every and all food outlets.

People who buy this are more than likely looking for the Boojum flavors and instructions. Unless the exact same ingredients are found in Tesco and/or the price of Boojums is exceptionally high, then what's the point in telling people Tesco is cheaper?

Edit: It is cheaper in Tesco, this is a bargain thread. So you ant wrong :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

that's fair to a point. 4.50 of the price is for dpd. Still more money out of your pocket than tesco, but less into boojum's pocket so fair pricing on their side.

Full price a different question, but I'll judge that next week once i've tasted what's en route. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TheWatcher182

Order, will give it a try.. thanks OP

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    You pay for the convenience.
    You can buy bread - or you can buy cheaper flour, yeast etc...

Eh you still have to make the fajita? Just as if you bought the ingredients from Tesco.

Nabber wrote: »
    Not sure the point here.

The argument about Tesco price above could be applied to every and all food outlets.

People who buy this are more than likely looking for the Boojum flavors and instructions. Unless the exact same ingredients are found in Tesco and/or the price of Boojums is exceptionally high, then what's the point in telling people Tesco is cheaper?

Edit: It is cheaper in Tesco, this is a bargain thread. So you ant wrong :pac::pac:

Because many people who go to restaurants are doing so to save them the hassle of cooking and for an evening out, not because the food tastes superior to what they can cook.

For those people, the same amount of work is required to make the fajita whether they buy this meal kit or the ingredients in Tesco.

Because many people who go to restaurants are doing so to save them the hassle of cooking and for an evening out, not because the food tastes superior to what they can cook. In fairness, going to Tesco and buying the ingredients vs this box delivered doesn't involve the same amount of work... C'mon.

For those people, the same amount of work is required to make the fajita whether they buy this meal kit or the ingredients in Tesco.

It's not the same thing though. Here, you're paying for (1) the brand, (2) the ingredients and taste, marinated chicken, portioned etc (3) the convenience of having it delivered in a box to your home, with instructions

For a few small euro extra than having to go to Tesco, shop, marinade ingredients etc. If you do Tesco home delivery, you'd be paying more than this with the extra fees.

Might not be worth it to some people, but to feed four people with food from a popular chain for 17 euro seems like a decent buy to me.

Plenty of places do cook at home boxes, most of which are far dearer than this, and they're very popular.

It's a good deal overall for what you're getting. Mightn't suit some and that's okay too.

I just wanted to highlight the deal to others who may like to try it. Having never tried a cook at home style order before, I said I'd bite the bullet and try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Lovely stuff...
    Normally visit Boojum at least once a month for a burritto bowl.
    Really do miss it. Best fast food ever.
    I will really enjoy this. Thanks OP

Right, but you're paying here for (1) the brand, (2) the ingredients and taste, marinated chicken, portioned etc (3) the convenience of having it delivered in a box to your home, with instructions

Of course. If you prefer Boojum sauce over any in your local supermarket and/or you don't have a supermarket (or a Boojum) near you, then it's a good deal. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

First of all, I've had this a few weeks ago even at full price. This is a great bargain. High quality ingredients with a lot of it being precooked and just requiring a reheat. Chicken marinated well also.

They also (did the first time anyway) throw in 2 free sides, pickled red onion and jalapeños.

I'm kind of shocked at some of the discussion in this thread. Comparing budget uncooked ingredients to restaurant prepared food (which is par cooked and portioned). Do you walk into a steakhouse and say; "I can get that steak for €5 in Tesco, why is it €20 here". They're just not comparable.

brainiac wrote: »
    I'm kind of shocked at some of the discussion in this thread. Comparing budget uncooked ingredients to restaurant prepared food (which is par cooked and portioned). Do you walk into a steakhouse and say; "I can get that steak for €5 in Tesco, why is it €20 here". They're just not comparable.

It's €20 there because a chef they have paid has cooked the steak for you and they're paying waiters to serve you in the building they're paying rent and bills for. None of that is necessary if they sent you a steak meal kit. ;)

Anyway, we're digressing. This deal will suit many who have a craving for some Boojum. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

It's €20 there because a chef they have paid has cooked the steak for you and they're paying waiters to serve you in the building they're paying rent and bills for. None of that is necessary if they sent you a steak meal kit. ;)

Anyway, we're digressing. This deal will suit many who have a craving for some Boojum. :)

Their chefs have pre cooked and portioned many ingredients, used packaging, paid a delivery company, and they still have their rent and bills to pay for (which don't just go away). All that for an extra couple quid which is pretty much all going to DPD. Your logic makes no sense.

Anyway, your right, just chiming in that I can recommend this personally and I'll be grabbing another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

Do people come in here looking for arguments?

brainiac wrote: »
    Their chefs have pre cooked and portioned many ingredients, used packaging, paid a delivery company, and they still have their rent and bills to pay for (which don't just go away). All that for an extra couple quid which is pretty much all going to DPD. Your logic makes no sense.

Anyway, your right, just chiming in that I can recommend this personally and I'll be grabbing another one.

You think if I ordered a steak meal kit the steak would come precooked? Isn't that just called takeaway? :pac:

And how do you know the chicken is precooked by Boojum themselves? They could could be bought from Tesco for all you know.

Finally, the bills for shipping a meal kit vs the bills for dining someone in a restaurant are not comparable. ;)

Anyway, this is getting a bit silly. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Happily ordered - thanks for a great bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Great deal, thanks for sharing OP.

Have tried many times to recreate their burritos myself, and failed miserably, really looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭cuculainn

thanks for BA.......ordered one of each kit.......Looking forward to them:):)

Glad to see so many like the deal :D look forward to receiving mine next week too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,458 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Nice one OP, ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ibrahimovic

Hey stop arguing everyone or ill fart over all your burritos xxx

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Snowc wrote: »
    I said you were trying to be an ass hole didn't say you were one yet;)
    He called me a tool, and you just called me an asshole. Also reported.

If people think saving €1-2 per burrito to make it themselves rather than the standard price Boojum make them ready and prepared for is worthy of a bargain alert, that's their decision to make. Doesn't mean you have to resort to name-calling because someone disagrees with you.

I think you both should take it to PM if you want to continue. Your feelings are already known on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭dirtyden

A nice little novelty treat at a good price, thanks for posting.

17 euros for a big feed of Mexican.

I just put everything in their kit into Lidl's website and it came to less than €13 with some sauce left over. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Give it a whirl. Thanks OP

Advertisement