Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Will Britain piss off and get on with Brexit II (mod warning in OP)

• 25-01-2020 4:54am

blinding wrote: »
    Surely Northern Ireland and Scotland will have no problem getting 50%+1 to leave the United Kingdom . I am sure I have made it absolutely clear how much in favour of Democracy I am.

Britain as a whole have made it clear that they want to leave the Eu. = Bye Bye Eu.

Democracy when it suits you. What's that quote? "Great Minds Discuss Ideas. Average Minds Discuss Events. Small Minds Discuss People."

You think you're talking about an idea but you're talking about an event. You claim you care about democracy but you only care about one version of it. The one where you have to add "as a whole" to get past the fact that NI and Scotland blow a hole in your supposed love for it. When Scotland is denied a referendum, you will just say "as a whole" and carry on thinking you care about an idea. Scotland, Wales, and NI, not giving their agreement to the deal means nothing because you can always fall back on the magical "as a whole".

crypto thinks he's talking about events when he's stuck talking about people. Boris, Leo, Guy, low testosterone femboys etc. Brexit for him is all about individuals he adores and abhores, and unless he reduces it down to that, it's too complicated for him to understand.

The shltty rags ye read fool you into thinking you're smarter than you actually are. That's why not one of ye can answer a question on Brexit in any detail whatsoever, but you still have unbridled confidence in your knowledge of Brexit. It's why the Brexiteers on here are the ones to never ask a question or express doubt in their knowledge of something complex.

Mod: New thread. Original thread here
    Beasty wrote: »
    If you have a problem with a post or poster report it and leave the modding to the mods

Thanks

Beasty wrote: »
    From now on if posters refer to other posters as "remoaners" they can expect sanction and/or post deletion.

There is no reason discussion cannot be civil

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Scotland , well some Scottish people call themselves a country. Yet only a few years ago they rejected the chance to become an Independent Country. I suggest the Scottish hurry up and Vote themselves into being an Independent Nation State. They certainly cannot be taken seriously as an Independent Nation state until they do so.

Northern Ireland. The sooner it votes to leave the Uk the better. What’s stopping it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭fash

Surely Northern Ireland and Scotland will have no problem getting 50%+1 to leave the United Kingdom . I am sure I have made it absolutely clear how much in favour of Democracy I am.

Britain as a whole have made it clear that they want to leave the Eu. = Bye Bye Eu.
    They didn't though. The majority who voted in the brexit referendum voted to remain in the single market and customs union and since then every opinion pole indicates that 55- 60% want to remain in the EU - the desires of the majority are being ignored. Why do you hate democracy so much?

fash wrote: »
    They didn't though. The majority who voted in the brexit referendum voted to remain in the single market and customs union and since then every opinion pole indicates that 55- 60% want to remain in the EU - the desires of the majority are being ignored. Why do you hate democracy so much?
    If Scotland and Northern Ireland want to stay in the Eu let them Democratically Vote to leave the Uk. And hurry up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Looks like (not) everyone's favorite speaker is having trouble getting a peerage...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1232519/John-Bercow-bullying-house-of-lords-latest-boris-johnson

"Mr Bercow said that since retiring it has "become increasingly obvious that the Government has no intention of honoring the centuries-old convention that a departing speaker is promptly elevated to the House of Lords".

On the one hand I am happy that this snake (who blatantly tried and failed to circumvent the peoples democratic voice) should not get such a privilege but on the other, I would seriously enjoy referring to him as "Lord Cuck"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Its finally happening!

I think we're all kind of glad at this stage. Finally, the end of the beginning. Now the hard part starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

They are more than Democratically happy with their decision. Love democracy, it is the only thing that wants you to be free.

Ah blinding my old flower. I take it you're the same blinding from p.ie? Still sticking it to the euroweenies with the old WUM routine? Brexit is boring at this stage, Trump is where it's all at.

Looks like (not) everyone's favorite speaker is having trouble getting a peerage...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1232519/John-Bercow-bullying-house-of-lords-latest-boris-johnson

"Mr Bercow said that since retiring it has "become increasingly obvious that the Government has no intention of honoring the centuries-old convention that a departing speaker is promptly elevated to the House of Lords".

On the one hand I am happy that this snake (who blatantly tried and failed to circumvent the peoples democratic voice) should not get such a privilege but on the other, I would seriously enjoy referring to him as "Lord Cuck"
    John was a great one for breaking with convention when it suited him.

He also has had numerous counts of bullying made against him .

The disgraceful re-mainers kept this horrible man in place despite all the bullying complaints against him many of them before Brexit, in case people are wondering. Re-mainers disgraced themselves again.

The Democracy of the People respected, finally.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

The Democracy of the People

Funny how Brexit boosters reach for that sort of phraseology.:pac:

• Advertisement

fly_agaric wrote: »
    Funny how Brexit boosters reach for that sort of phraseology.:pac:
    Funny How ;)

The Brexiteers have been the Democrats in this . Very Patient Democrats.:D

And Democracy has won.

https://twitter.com/MayorofLondon/status/1220397885361213445

Sadiq Khan: “I’m inviting European Londoners to City Hall on 31 January where they can get free legal advice about their rights and access the emotional support services they might need. Come along and show your support – everyone’s welcome.”

Emotional support?? Pathetic, absolutely pathetic...

He’d want to be given emotional support to the entire London Population re; Knife Crime.

He’s a poser and all about the optics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

https://twitter.com/MayorofLondon/status/1220397885361213445

Sadiq Khan: “I’m inviting European Londoners to City Hall on 31 January where they can get free legal advice about their rights and access the emotional support services they might need. Come along and show your support – everyone’s welcome.”

Emotional support?? Pathetic, absolutely pathetic...

Should be focusing on stopping the crime in London these days,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭fash

If Scotland and Northern Ireland want to stay in the Eu let them Democratically Vote to leave the Uk. And hurry up.
    I see you do not address the point that the majority voted to remain in the single market and customs union in 2016 or the fact that the majority of voters in every poll since 2016 have wanted to remain.
    As regards your other statements, the Tories have said they won't allow either of those things to happen.
    Furthermore, surely you think that having a 50.1% mandate in something as divisive as leaving an existing arrangement is insufficient? Surely a consensus position should be sought in such circumstances such that you achieve e.g. 60% or greater support for something so divisive?
    I would note that the Tories are proposing to introduce just that as the law in the UK.

fash wrote: »
    I see you do not address the point that the majority voted to remain in the single market and customs union in 2016 or the fact that the majority of voters in every poll since 2016 have wanted to remain.
    As regards your other statements, the Tories have said they won't allow either of those things to happen.
    Furthermore, surely you think that having a 50.1% mandate in something as divisive as leaving an existing arrangement is insufficient? Surely a consensus position should be sought in such circumstances such that you achieve e.g. 60% or greater support for something so divisive?
    I would note that the Tories are proposing to introduce just that as the law in the UK.

Polls? There was an election in 2017 where all the main parties said they would respect the vote, they didn't and they were wiped out for it in 2019.

Polls, give me strength

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Funny How ;)

Get out of here! :P
    It's not funny amusing anyway.
    The Brexiteers have been the Democrats in this . Very Patient Democrats.:D
    And Democracy has won.

The "Brexiteers" won alright and have been patient and tireless. However [IMO] (going back decades) achieving the goal of leaving the EU has been about using the natural weaknesses of democracy to obtain the desired outcome.

Polls? There was an election in 2017 where all the main parties said they would respect the vote, they didn't and they were wiped out for it in 2019.

Polls, give me strength
    Brexit actually won three elections since the Brexit Referendum . The position was as you say for the 2017 General Election , and as you say for the Eu Elections and Finally Finally the choice between re-mainers and leavers was given the 2019 General Election.

Donald Tusk , Jean Claude, Verhofstadt, Merkel , Macron ; Your Eu took one hell of a beating in Britain.:D Only the Four times in a Row:D

The Patience of Brexit Voters is to be commended but they kept their eyes on their Prize of Freedom and the Perseverance of Democracy achieved the Freedom Prize:D:D:D

Brexit actually won three elections since the Brexit Referendum . The position was as you say for the 2017 General Election , and as you say for the Eu Elections and Finally Finally the choice between re-mainers and leavers was given the 2019 General Election.

Donald Tusk , Jean Claude, Verhofstadt, Merkel , Macron ; Your Eu took one hell of a beating in Britain.:D Only the Four times in a Row:D

The Patience of Brexit Voters is to be commended but they kept their eyes on their Prize of Freedom and the Perseverance of Democracy achieved the Freedom Prize:D:D:D

Plus the Tory majority in 2015 on the promise of a EU referendum and the referendum itself...oh and UKIP winning the previous EU election in the UK.

Plus the Tory majority in 2015 on the promise of a EU referendum and the referendum itself
    2015 to 2019 and they kicked the Eu out. They sure had plenty of time to think it through and it still ended in kicking the Eu out. Bye Bye Eu.

• Advertisement

2015 to 2019 and they kicked the Eu out. They sure had plenty of time to think it through and it still ended in kicking the Eu out. Bye Bye Eu.

Yet some people call for another referendum and the same people admit that they will not accept the result again when it loses.

These EU lovers are fanatics, with strong feelings for centralising everything. It's just a new type of marxism.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

blinding wrote:
    And Democracy has won.

I look forward to watching them collect their prize.

First Up wrote: »

Those who think they only have a future sheltered in the EU is going to protect them from the big bad world is deeply misguided. The UK, a globally thinking nation with a great trading history has sat on his hands hoping this club would take the world by the horns and acheive something but has been deeply frustrated and the disastrous direction it has taken and its disturbing protectionist apporach to business. This stagnation has been happening while we have watched other regions of the world fly...The UK could not wait no longer, it is being bold and brave and it will head to the new world head on in a quest to make some real money. The UK will succeed with this as it is bold and brave and we will look back and the missed opportunity in all the other EU states which will eventually spell the doom for the club.

THe EU's day is done, it's vision for the world is toast. Anyone who is pro business and the free market can't help and look at the UK's current moves and admire their ba**s.

The Prize is Freedom. An Independent Sovereign Nation State.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,895 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Those who think they only have a future sheltered in the EU is going to protect them from the big bad world is deeply misguided. The UK, a globally thinking nation with a great trading history has sat on his hands hoping this club would take the world by the horns and acheive something but has been deeply frustrated and the disastrous direction it has taken and its disturbing protectionist apporach to business. This stagnation has been happening while we have watched other regions of the world fly...The UK could not wait no longer, it is being bold and brave and it will head to the new world head on in a quest to make some real money. The UK will succeed with this as it is bold and brave and we will look back and the missed opportunity in all the other EU states which will eventually spell the doom for the club.

THe EU's day is done, it's vision for the world is toast. Anyone who is pro business and the free market can't help and look at the UK's current moves and admire their ba**s.

This is, literally, all in your head.

In a union of four, shouldn't it be up to the UK to vote themselves out of it if the others want something different.

blinding wrote:

Yes, just like now.

Yes, just like now.
    You cannot be a Sovereign Independent Nation State and be in the Eu.

The British People wisely saw this and took the appropriate action. Its a blessing that they did not have to resort to violence to free themselves . You notice the Eu is banging on about tooling up with an Army now .:rolleyes::rolleyes::roll eyes: Too late to keep the British in by force . It looks like they want their army to control their Eu Empire.

blinding wrote:

Twenty seven sovereign independent countries (and others in the queue) think otherwise but I'm sure you will tell us why they are wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,981 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

so basically, what they already have and have always had.

The British People wisely saw this and took the appropriate action. Its a blessing that they did not have to resort to violence to free themselves . You notice the Eu is banging on about tooling up with an Army now .rolleyes.pngrolleyes.png:roll eyes: Too late to keep the British in by force . It looks like they want their army to control their Eu Empire.

the fact that every state within the EU is independent, free and Sovereign says otherwise.

shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!

Advertisement