Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

adam240610 wrote: »
    I tried every day from thursday-monday in my local and was told it sold out when it arrived on Sunday afternoon, was in an hour before they arrived which was real disappointing
    Picked one up in my local this evening.

Hogzy wrote: »
    Tesco have a litre of Powers for 25 euro. You wont do better than that for the price. Alternatively Powers 3 swallows for 30euro, Jameson Black Barrel for 25 or Jameson Crested for 25 is a good buy too.
    Roe & Co @ €25 in Tesco is a steal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Hogzy wrote: »
    Tesco have a litre of Powers for 25 euro. You wont do better than that for the price. Alternatively Powers 3 swallows for 30euro, Jameson Black Barrel for 25 or Jameson Crested for 25 is a good buy too.

Wheres the Black Barrel for 25? Best I've seen is 30. Planned to get a bottle or 2 this weekend so would appreciate if you can point me in the right direction. Ty

Farrell D wrote: »
    Hi folks

Looking for a nice whiskey nothing to expensive its not a gift just something to have In the house over the Christmas.

Would Jameson stil be first choice? Anyone try other jamson flavours that they would recommend?
    Open to other options aswell .

Thanks in advance

Roe and Co at €25 is almost unbeatable value for what you want it for imo. It looks great, bottle is a little different and its bloody gorgeous. Any house you go to in Ireland has Jameson. Roe and co would be a little different if nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

dobman88 wrote: »
    Wheres the Black Barrel for 25? Best I've seen is 30. Planned to get a bottle or 2 this weekend so would appreciate if you can point me in the right direction. Ty

30 in Tesco , definitely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Just cracked open my first guinness 470ml. To me it tastes identical with a slightly smaller head. If I was a regular guinness drinker I'd be delighted that these are so cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭KinnegadKid

Bought roe& co for 25 in my local Tesco tonight ...black barrel is defo 30 euro

Yeah I got the roe and co today. Saw the black barrel for 30 but need to wait until the weekend to use the Tesco voucher for the week.

If that poster could say where they got it for 25 I'd just stock up on a few bottles. Its normally 50+ and I happily pay that for it, it's so good

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Just cracked open my first guinness 470ml. To me it tastes identical with a slightly smaller head. If I was a regular guinness drinker I'd be delighted that these are so cheap.

Traitor.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Roe and Co at €25 is almost unbeatable value for what you want it for imo. It looks great, bottle is a little different and its bloody gorgeous. Any house you go to in Ireland has Jameson. Roe and co would be a little different if nothing else

In my professional opinion, Roe & Co is incredibly smooth and caramely and moreish

Able Locks, whiskey sommelier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

As an irregular Guinness drinker, how would you know the difference?

I wouldn’t drink it again if it was free

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

Have never tasted Roe & Co, but would I be right in saying it has a slightly vanilla/caramel aftertaste - similar to Red Breast? May invest in a few bottles if so. Also, Powers 1litre was on the Dunnes 'app' at 25, but was 30 in store when I went to buy - just in case anyone's looking for it

ablelocks wrote: »
    As an irregular Guinness drinker, how would you know the difference?

I wouldn’t drink it again if it was free

Because I've drank enough Guinness over the years to know. Seriously, it's the same stuff with a slightly smaller head. People are looking for problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Claude Greengrass

fin12 wrote: »
    Didn’t see that advertised, is it in stores now?

Its 20 quid in Aldi Sandyford , loads left

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

Yeah I got the roe and co today. Saw the black barrel for 30 but need to wait until the weekend to use the Tesco voucher for the week.

If that poster could say where they got it for 25 I'd just stock up on a few bottles. Its normally 50+ and I happily pay that for it, it's so good

it is a cleary a typo as that poster ref to Tesco - you can 4get about 25€ for black barrel:D

you2008 wrote: »
    it is a cleary a typo as that poster ref to Tesco - you can 4get about 25€ for black barrel:D

Ah balls. My apologies. I never spotted that they mentioned Tesco at the start of the post. I saw black barrel at 25 and had the blinkers on :pac:

Still ridiculously good value at 30. I've a bottle and a half on the shelf but can never have enough sure.

Because I've drank enough Guinness over the years to know. Seriously, it's the same stuff with a slightly smaller head. People are looking for problems.

I have to laugh at the last line.

The problem is literally a visual one, kind of hard to avoid it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

I saw a few 500ml bottles of hophouse in tesco last night for €3.20 a bottle. Cant see much demand for that when they have the larger bottles in their 4 for 10 deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

Lidl

Screenshot-20201204-071344.jpg
    Screenshot-20201204-071405.jpg

Carry Out

Screenshot-20201204-071430.jpg

Eurospar

Screenshot-20201204-071446.jpg

Centra

Screenshot-20201204-080504.jpg
    Screenshot-20201204-080520.jpg
    Screenshot-20201204-080646.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭whodafunk

I couldn’t agree with you more. Reading all the negativity I really was expecting something different when I tried it but exactly the same. €20 for 24 happy days!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

adam240610 wrote: »
    I tried every day from thursday-monday in my local and was told it sold out when it arrived on Sunday afternoon, was in an hour before they arrived which was real disappointing

Maybe give their customer service team a shout they might have more stock coming in?

I have to laugh at the last line.

The problem is literally a visual one, kind of hard to avoid it :)

People are complaining about the taste too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Aldi festive drop 08/12
    Ardfallen Whiskey normally e18.68 reduced to ??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

zell12 wrote: »
    Dunnes
    ssppetV.png

Anyone know when this offer is on until?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭zell12

vicwatson wrote: »
    Anyone know when this offer is on until?
    05/12

• Registered Users Posts: 27,869 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

zell12 wrote: »
    Aldi festive drop 08/12
    Ardfallen Whiskey normally e18.68 reduced to ??

I think I saw that in catalogue, the festive drop is actually a 1 litre bottle of Ardfallen but no price listed. The regular price is €18.60 for 70cl.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cutelad

headnorth wrote: »
    Lidl

Screenshot-20201204-071344.jpg
    Screenshot-20201204-071405.jpg

Carry Out

Screenshot-20201204-071430.jpg

Eurospar

Screenshot-20201204-071446.jpg

Centra

Screenshot-20201204-080504.jpg
    Screenshot-20201204-080520.jpg
    Screenshot-20201204-080646.jpg

When does the Lidl offer open?

cutelad wrote: »
    When does the Lidl offer open?
    Got the six for €29 yesterday.

BTW, it'd be a lot better if you removed the irrelevant images from your quote!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Quackster wrote: »
    Got the six for €29 yesterday.

BTW, it'd be a lot better if you removed the irrelevant images from your quote!

And/or checked the Lidl website.

If someone goes to the bother of posting offers and people wanna know the time from- just go to that supermarket’s website FFS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,869 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I was double checking my receipt from Tesco for the 25% off 6 bottles and it looked like the discount is applied to the wine RRP? The discount I got was more than 25% off the price I paid for the wine so if a wine is reduced from €16 to €12 it's based on the €16.

Edit - ignore the above, post below explains it.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement