Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    Housemate just seems really unfriendly, distant and acts like she thinks she is better than me.

FFS she uses the teatowel to clean up her currry. Does she think I'm going to dry a glass or plate with that? Ugh.

She sounds like a right ass clown anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

When the car suddenly makes this subtle grinding noise when you turn to the right and deep down you know you'll throw a lot of money into some mechanic's throat because you need that bucket on wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Got a message last night. Well I should have got it last night but for some reason it only popped up this morning, despite me being online at the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

No footpath on one side of the road.

Lovely wide footpath on the other side.

And they walk on the road on the side with no footpath.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Awake 2 hrs before I needed to be with inconsiderate neighbours.
    I put 2 sugars in my coffee and I only take one, but am drinking it as I detest waste.
    Made a shopping list and lost it.
    Went to hang out the washing I put on yesterday evening and I hadn't turned the machine on.
    As I started typing this my phone randomly went back to home screen and I lost the post.
    What else will this as$hole day throw at me :(

Edit: had to throw out the coffee twas rank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Opened google to look something up. Had a slug of tea then picked up my phone again. Forgotten what I wanted to look up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

:eek::eek:Left girl dog in for her repeat bloods, vet wants to see us this pm.

People who work in education(at all levels) who don't know even the smallest thing about SLD's.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,378 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Having to put up with a hair headache for the second day in a row because I was too lazy to wash my hair again and it's not fit for anything other than a high ponytail.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Naughty pair of underpants evaded the machine wash. :(

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

My dad definitely has some sort of undiagnosed OCD. I'm struggling with agoraphobia, anxiety and depression at the moment and he is driving me demented. I was trying to leave the house today and he was yelling at my mum that we needed to go before half two or the schools would be out and we'd get caught in the traffic. I could hear all this while I was getting ready. He then runs around the place like a chicken on speed, saying stupid things to me like "so when are you going to paint the shed?". I'm staying with them for a while and he keeps going into my bedroom and putting up the blind and if I sit in the living room with the blind down he asks me why I'm sitting in darkness. The man knows I'm agoraphobic but he has a compulsion to put up the blind even though he's not even in the room. He has to turn off all the lights in the house except for the room that he's in and he goes mad if you leave one on. My anxiety was so bad between him and leaving the house that I had to take a diazepam before I went out. No wonder I'm like this growing up with that neurotic man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA my small pang of anxiety in sending emails due how they may appear to the recipient, is it too passive, too aggressive, bit of both? is it clear enough, not too long, patronising or insulting? its the lack of context when you're not face to face that gets me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Sick for the last week and haven’t left the house. Still in the same pjs since Sunday. Need a scrub. Boyfriend has renamed me Margaret Couch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

Beatboxing. My loathing for it is beyond words.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,225 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

People who hurt animals :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Feicing conscience :(

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

Had my wallet stolen from my car. Would never normally leave it in the car, nor would I ever leave the car unlocked, and yet here we are.

The absolute rigmarole to get a drivers license replaced...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Sick for the last week and haven’t left the house. Still in the same pjs since Sunday. Need a scrub. Boyfriend has renamed me Margaret Couch

When his turn comes you can call him Peter Couch.

For me it's joggers on the road, when they have a perfectly good footpath to run on!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Studying! spent one hour and could do no more, tried writing out definitions, kept it short and sweet, very hard to extract anything from this book *cross face*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Had a shower but somehow the shampoo didn't wash out of my hair so half my hair is gungy. I'm not having another ****ing shower again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Shuffling papers... oh the futility.

Working long hours yet not getting enough done.

Pressure filled deadlines.... How do the days go by so fast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

That weird honking noise when someone blows there nose, it's loud and annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Omg... everything went wrong last night :D
    I'm not in the hotel I thought I was...same name... different location...with building works...lmao... out in the sun in 5 mins though

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    My dad definitely has some sort of undiagnosed OCD. I'm struggling with agoraphobia, anxiety and depression at the moment and he is driving me demented. I was trying to leave the house today and he was yelling at my mum that we needed to go before half two or the schools would be out and we'd get caught in the traffic. I could hear all this while I was getting ready. He then runs around the place like a chicken on speed, saying stupid things to me like "so when are you going to paint the shed?". I'm staying with them for a while and he keeps going into my bedroom and putting up the blind and if I sit in the living room with the blind down he asks me why I'm sitting in darkness. The man knows I'm agoraphobic but he has a compulsion to put up the blind even though he's not even in the room. He has to turn off all the lights in the house except for the room that he's in and he goes mad if you leave one on. My anxiety was so bad between him and leaving the house that I had to take a diazepam before I went out. No wonder I'm like this growing up with that neurotic man.

Sounds like every dad really, bet he is asking you stuff about how to use the remote control now that you are there :)

I'm not looking forward to this weekend, so much to do, and not enough time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Had such an intense, frankly terrifying dream last night that I could feel my heart beating out of my chest. Genuinely thought I was going to die if I didn't wake up. Groggy this morning now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Some savages stole the Diesel generator from our local rural football club, it powered the lights there and now that it's gone the kids can't go to training since there's no light.
    I don't understand how people can be so disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

We need transport police.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,378 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I can't remember if I've said it before, but those "invisible" socks made out of tights material that some women insist on wearing despite the fact that they are glaringly visible with 90% of footwear. I hate them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Medical professionals who don't pass along client records to their new provider.

* Especially annoying when client has left the practice due to relocation or them closing!
    ** That kind of crap could cause people to die!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Two things:

1) I did a bit of reorganistion last week and my PC is now on the right side of my desk instead of the left. A week later, and I'm still reaching to the left to switch it on and plug in USBs. Goddamn three years of muscle memory

2) I recently went to a clinic to get some treatment done and when the doctor told me the price and said it's expensive because the equipment cost her tens of thousands of euro. Yeah, I don't care how much the equipment cost her. It is a rubbish way of justifying the high price to a customer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

And on another PC related note - I'm copying files from usb stick to a larger one and it takes an age..

Seven Worlds will Collide

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement