Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Silence after having deposit accepted.

• 13-10-2014 8:49pm

Hi all,

My brother had an offer for a house accepted 6 weeks ago, he paid a deposit of €8,000 to the estate agent and awaited for the contracts.

after 3 weeks he noticed a sale agreed sign appear on the for sale sign of the property, however 6 weeks have now passed and he has heard nothing.

He contacted his solicitors today to ask what the story was, they said they haven't heard anything from the sellers solicitors despite them sending a reminder to them.

I spoke to him today and said it isnt looking good as they should have been some contracts sent to his solicitors by now. I urged him to speak to the estate agent and find out through him whats going on.

What do you guys think? Is he being messed about or is this normal? What do you think he should do, give it more time or cancel the deal?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Seriously? Talk to estate agent. Pick up the phone and ask what's going on. Wringing your hands for six weeks wondering what is happening with the sale and he doesn't bother to phone the agent? Come on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Are you sure the seller isn't in negative equity? That could be what's holding things up.

Either way, I wouldn't be asking for advice on the internet. I'd be round at the EA's in person first thing asking WTF's going on...

Advertisement