Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Noise in the rental apartment due to works

• 13-10-2014 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

There have been ongoing works in the carpark of the apt block I live in (rental) for weeks now. I am on ground floor and drilling takes place nearly every day 9-4 PM. Now - I have a small baby who needs sleep during the day and I also work from home and the sound of drilling is really disturbing if I have to attend Conference Call. IS there anything I could do?
    Contacted the Agency that is renting but the answer was shocking along the lines - ''go and move somewhere else if you don't like it'' - I suppose that's the attitude these days to rent the place for extra 200 euro if I decide to move out...Also - no feedback as to when it's going to end. I have a feeling nothing can be done but if anyone has any ideas - please let me know....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

uli84 wrote: »
    There have been ongoing works in the carpark of the apt block I live in (rental) for weeks now. I am on ground floor and drilling takes place nearly every day 9-4 PM. Now - I have a small baby who needs sleep during the day and I also work from home and the sound of drilling is really disturbing if I have to attend Conference Call. IS there anything I could do?
    Contacted the Agency that is renting but the answer was shocking along the lines - ''go and move somewhere else if you don't like it'' - I suppose that's the attitude these days to rent the place for extra 200 euro if I decide to move out...Also - no feedback as to when it's going to end. I have a feeling nothing can be done but if anyone has any ideas - please let me know....

Not really anything you can do, if its necessary construction work and they aren't making unnecessary noise you'll just have to put up with it until they finish. You'd probably get more info out of the site foreman as to when it'll be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Realistically what do you expect anyone to say? Works are works and they sound like they are doing it during acceptable daytime hours.

I cant see how anything can be done to accommodate you here, they cant not make construction noises, they cant change times etc.

I really don't see how you are being reasonable at all..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

I don't think there is anything you can do. Works seem to be carried out during normal hours.

As a courtesy, landlord or management compAny should have informed you works would take place and advise when they will be complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

You need to contact the management company or building manager to find out what the plans are in terms of timeline for completion etc. unusual that they didn't inform residents in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,871 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

You need to contact the management company or building manager to find out what the plans are in terms of timeline for completion etc. unusual that they didn't inform residents in advance.

The OP is renting so they have no contact with the MA or MC. Their LL could have gotten notice and not bothered to forward it, I know my MA sends regular updates on any works in the development.

OP there's nothing you can do bar move out till the works are complete. The right to quite time ends at IIRC 8am so once they are working during normal hours they are OK.

• Advertisement
Advertisement