Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly to Monthly payment flexibility

• 11-09-2010 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I'm looking to move out as soon as possible and would be able to within a week if I could find a place that would accept weekly rent payments. Otherwise I'd have to wait a few months to raise the months rent + security deposit.

As it seems to be more of a tenants market out there, how likely would a landlord accept a no deposit + weekly rent payments despite advertising a monthly rent price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Slim to none I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

You might have a chance at asking to pay weekly instead of monthly but I doubt there's any landlord out there who'll accept no deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭OS119

As it seems to be more of a tenants market out there, how likely would a landlord accept a no deposit + weekly rent payments despite advertising a monthly rent price?

no chance whatsoever.

you might be able - if, to be frank, you're looking at a right hole that no one else will touch - to persaude the landlord to take a deposit and weekly payments, or monthly payments with a bit of deposit (providing there's a decent sized wedge of cash up front in either case), but for most landlords no deposit and just a weekly payment is even worse than having no tenant at all - you've got a risky tenant and no security to fall back on if the tenant either legs it, breaks stuff and legs it, or runs up big bills, breaks stuff and legs it.

sorry mate, but if you turn up at someones door and say you need accomodation ASAP, but haven't got any 'real' money on your hip, the LL's big red flashing lights are going to come on in an instant.

house/flatshare with friends, maybe YMCA, or even a live-in job (hotel dogsbody) are probably your only options without a decent lump of cash to hand....

Advertisement