Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Advice on auctioneer in Cork City to sell house...?

Options
  • 07-09-2010 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi there i have a beautifull 4000 square foot detached house for sale midleton co cork on 1.5acre site in a quiet cul de sack price reduced from €545,000,00 to €475,000,00 i have it for sale with wallis auctioneers he is very good but i think it might sell faster in city auctioneers a lot of people are moving from the city to the countryside. www.daft.ie/1485180 any advice on city auctioneers would be appreciated..

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Moved to a new thread.

Kind regards,

SMcCarrick

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭lisasimps

AMAZING house!!!

When a property is up on daft, chances are the majority of potential buyers will see it anyway, but maybe you should put ******PRICE REDUCED********** on the ad, always gets me interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭variety

tonylong28 wrote: »
    price reduced from €545,000,00 to €475,000,00

You are aware all advertisements for the property show the price as 495,000??

The best way to find out if an auctioneer is any good is to ring them about a property on their books currently and see what response you get. If you leave a message and they don't get back to you within 24 hours - do you really want an auctioneer that will fob off other potential purchasers for _your_ property?

And gauge their enthusiasm - you want someone who is interested in selling a property and keen to get you to arrange a viewing, and not someone bored with their (probably very slow in the current climate) job.

Also make sure you check the quality of their currently listed properties. If they are poorly written with no futher information on each room other than "it has electrical sockets and a curtain pole" then my advice would be to steer well clear.

Other posters often mention, too, that they don't like ads with all capital letters because it's very unprofessional on the web - it's as if they are shouting at you.

And make sure they advertise on _both_ daft.ie and myhome.ie because you'll get more 'hits' that way.

Once you have narrowed it down to six or seven that you like, ring them as a prospective seller and ask them their level of commission. From what I can gather, Cork seems to be between 1.25% and 1.75% these days, although someone from the city may charge more for the extra commute to Midleton.

Then once you have narrowed that list to three or four, invite them to the property for their advice on the price.
    But make sure the person who comes will be the one selling your property - larger auctioneers will often send the best sales agent to the property and then another auctioneer who may not have seen your property will be the ones eventually doing the write-up and the (not as good) sales pitch to the viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭variety

lisasimps wrote: »
    AMAZING house!!!
    +1 - it comes across extremely well on the photos. You've done a lovely job.
    lisasimps wrote: »
    When a property is up on daft, chances are the majority of potential buyers will see it anyway, but maybe you should put ******PRICE REDUCED********** on the ad, always gets me interested!

That price reduced thing only lasts up to 48 hours per property because daft crack down and remove them as soon as they see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

hi there i have a beautifull 4000 square foot detached house for sale midleton co cork on 1.5acre site in a quiet cul de sack price reduced from €545,000,00 to €475,000,00 i have it for sale with wallis auctioneers he is very good but i think it might sell faster in city auctioneers a lot of people are moving from the city to the countryside. www.daft.ie/1485180 any advice on city auctioneers would be appreciated..

I'd be interested to hear your logic behind the current valuation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,243 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think any estate agent will have their work cut out. I'm not sure if there is a market for such a house at the moment. Or rather I'm not sure if there is a market for such a house price in such a remote location at the moment.
    midleton co cork
    Is that really accurate - its 9.3 km from the main road to Main Street, Midleton. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=Main+St&hl=en&geocode=FZxXGQMdXSGD_w%3BFWQmGAMdCkuD_w&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=0&sz=15&sll=51.989611,-8.195286&sspn=0.011575,0.027595&ie=UTF8&ll=51.965,-8.276138&spn=0.185305,0.441513&z=11

Its even further to Leamlara (I realise this may be the relevant postal town) at 9.9km. Ballincurrig and Lisgoold are much closer. Also, is it "Leadington" or "Leadinton". http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=Unknown+road&hl=en&geocode=FZxXGQMdXSGD_w%3BFbwEGQMdIOGB_w&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=18&sll=51.971055,-8.26453&sspn=0.001448,0.003449&ie=UTF8&ll=51.971134,-8.264465&spn=0.09264,0.220757&z=12
    quiet cul de sack
    Admit it, its a further 800m down what looks like a dirt track. :) What rights of way come with it?

Boundaries might also be an issue - people might want more privacy than a timber fence for their back garden.

Minor, but a spelling and grammar check would be useful.

Advertisement