Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Restrict Cars?

Options
  • 09-06-2003 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

Should the amount of cars in the state be restricted, ie no one allowed to have 2 vehicles except if they had a large family or a business. Should people who live in cities near public transport not use cars and for any journey out of town rent a car instead. I think it's very unsustainable for everyone in the country to have a car unless ur living in a very rural area, maybe we should move to renting cars instead, the price would go down if more people did rent and benefits to the environment and peoples stress levels would be great, not to mention avoiding huge fines under the Kyoto treay which we are going to get if we don't do something soon. In any case u decide.

Should car ownership be restricted 7 votes

Yes, peolple should only own a car if they REALLY need one.
    14% 1 vote
    No if u want a car u should be allowed, to hell with everyone else!
    28% 2 votes
    Other, please state in a post
    57% 4 votes
    Don't know
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

sounds a bit like China's one child policy:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

If we had a decent public transport system I would gladly give up my car in favour of it.

If I could afford to buy a house near to my place of work then I would also gladly give up my car.

Advertisement