Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

So, I've just discovered that apparently in "Family Affair" Mary J. Blige was singing about a dance soiree and not a dancerie and now my whole life has been a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Dial Hard wrote: »
    So, I've just discovered that apparently in "Family Affair" Mary J. Blige was singing about a dance soirée and not a dancerie and now my whole life has been a lie.

The place i normally go to to check lyrics disagrees. They have it as "dancery"

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/maryjblige/familyaffair.html

A few other lyric sites agree that it is dancery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

The account information for cards is stored on the strip / chip. A cheque doesn't have that "link".

The clearing system has been the same for years. None of the banks will invest in upgrading it now given the decline in usage of cheques. It would cost too much for very little reward. There was a reason why the government increased the stamp duty to 50 cent per cheque - to dissuade people from writing them. Businesses still use cheques (some to buy time rather than doing electronic transfers which means the funds are gone instantly) but personal customer use has dropped off considerably. The cheque guarantee scheme is gone at least five years - the only time I write a cheque is to pay for school trips or the likes of music lessons.
    Thanks. That's one of the clearest explanations I've ever read. It makes sense that banks don't have a chip for cheques. They want them to go the way of the dinosaur and will be happy to see the back of them, just like the rest of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Hope you've found somewhere else.

I can bé very good food wise during the day but my downfall is around this time every evening.. I'm now craving taytos/pringles/peanuts right now and I have them all in the cupboard.. Ive eaten a spoon of peanut butter and it seems to have hit the spot but I'm not sure it will keep me craving free for the night.. Kitchen pickers bigger knickers is my mantra tonight.. I bet I'll cave in..

Nope!

Obviously need to find something but know I've made the right decision. She's begging me to stay now. Gobsh*te.

Ha ha kitchen pickers bigger knickers, new one on me, love it!

Life's too short - have the goodies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Cut myself shaving and the place was like a massacre. Don't know how men shave their faces.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I still don't understand why this process is so convulated. All cheques have digital ink which a computer can read in nanoseconds. If we can process debit and credit cards pretty much instantaneously, then why does it take so long for a cheque?

Fraud. They are easily copied.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    Nope!

Obviously need to find something but know I've made the right decision. She's begging me to stay now. Gobsh*te.

Ha ha kitchen pickers bigger knickers, new one on me, love it!

Life's too short - have the goodies!!

+1 for this, have all the goodies!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,346 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

TA with this dumbass company I'm going to have a job interview with tomorrow afternoon. Their website lists a Dublin address but has no branch locator, I've checked their social media Facebook, Twitter etc and left messages asking for their Galway address and have emailed the recruiter responsible for setting up the interview asking where the interview is going to be in Galway this morning and still no word back from him. Tried Googling about five pages to no avail. If I don't receive any info tomorrow its gonna be a no show for this interview.

Maybe it is a sneaky test of your ability to use a phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,522 ✭✭✭Raichu

Cut myself shaving and the place was like a massacre. Don't know how men shave their faces.

I personally yell at my beard till the hair gets frightened and fcuks off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Not being able to sleep

• Advertisement

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Not being able to sleep

What he said!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

One of the horses in the yard is kicking the door. Constantly. Over and over again. I usually love living in the middle of a yard but today I'm home sick, feeling rotten, and just want it to stop!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Christ almighty my throat feels like I've swallowed glass. Came on all of sudden just as I was going to bed last night. So when I lay down it felt like acid was being poured down my throat and my saliva glands were going nuts. I'd say I got about 4 hours badly interrupted sleep with it. I haven't had a sore throat this bad since before I had my tonsils out.

And it's my first day back in work after being off a few days so I'm proper miserable. A right grumpy bitch today (more so than usual)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Misplaced apostrophe's.

(sic)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

Waiting with my daughter for her appointment at the local medical centre. We're 30 minutes early but no problem, there's a cafe on-site. But yes it is a problem, because it's cash only, no cards. So we don't get a snack, they don't get our money. Lose-lose. Why are so many businesses determined to ignore the 21st century?

storker wrote: »
    Waiting with my daughter for her appointment at the local medical centre. We're 30 minutes early but no problem, there's a cafe on-site. But yes it is a problem, because it's cash only, no cards. So we don't get a snack, they don't get our money. Lose-lose. Why are so many businesses determined to ignore the 21st century?

It's nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

storker wrote: »
    I always think it's to fiddle revenue but I'm just cynical like that. They probably don't want to pay commission on the sales.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

TA I only have 6 days of annual leave left and I know I'll need 8 before end of March!!!!!

TA I only have 6 days of annual leave left and I know I'll need 8 before end of March!!!!!

Sickies!!!!!!!!!!!!

northgirl wrote: »
    Sickies!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sssssshh!! That's the plan lol!!!!

• Advertisement

Was in Lidl buying a ski helmet this morning. Guy beside me tears open the front of a box (instead of opening it properly) to try one on, goes to his girlfriend "Yeah that's perfect", then drops the helmet on top of the mangled box and takes a fresh one. I said to him "Are you seriously taking a brand new helmet after taking that one out of the box???" and he stares at me blankly for a few seconds before going "Erm, this one was already open". I was like "I literally just watched you open it."

What the fcuk is wrong with people??? You're only going to chuck the box in the bin as soon as you go home anyway :mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

That is one of those moments when you start looking whether Lidl also has baseball bats on offer.

inforfun wrote: »
    That is one of those moments when you start looking whether Lidl also has baseball bats on offer.

I love this. I want a baseball bat right now.

inforfun wrote: »

Good job my local Tesco don't - awful wagon the other day took the last three bags of the new flat Maltesers.

There's not a jury in the land that would convict me mind!!!!!!

Sssssshh!! That's the plan lol!!!!

Sorry!! :o

I may do the same tomorrow. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I'm trying to work on an assignment that's due next week and my laptop just won't cooperate :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Someone just brought me those Malteaser bite things and oh dear lord in heaven, they’re all I can think about even as I’m eating them. Trying to space them out to last the day. Even tried hiding them on myself. Have two ate since starting this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Hardback books !! why release them first in hardback ? just release them in bloody paperback too ffs!!!

Someone just brought me those Malteaser bite things and oh dear lord in heaven, they’re all I can think about even as I’m eating them. Trying to space them out to last the day. Even tried hiding them on myself. Have two ate since starting this post.

If you were in Portlaoise Tesco not long back and took the last three bags - consider yourself the recipient of Liam Neeson's speech from Taken!!!!

They are divine are they not ????

• Advertisement

I've ranted before about the weird things people keep in the fridge in work (and it usually opens up a right can of worms) but Aromat? Seriously??? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement