Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CNN Reporter "assaults" White House intern

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JMNolan

Wheety wrote: »
    I'm sure there's already a thread on this. You're very late to the party.

It's fashionable to be late to parties, isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭Wheety

I'm sure there's already a thread on this. You're very late to the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

The bloody neo-liberals strike again - this time, literally!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

What a load of bollocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Imagine the uproar and accusations of Racism if a reporter from Fox News treated Obama like that back in the day. I'm not a Trump fan but this guy was being a jerk and CNN are so biased they are a joke. I think CNN are far more biased than Fox News even during the Bush years.

• Advertisement

How did you reply to me before my post? :eek:

Anyway, he didn't assault her. The White House trying to whip this up is very disconcerting. Pure propaganda and attacking the press.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

White house says its unacceptable to put a hand on a female
    President on record saying 'grab them by the pussy'

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

thomasm wrote: »
    White house says its unacceptable to put a hand on a female
    President on record saying 'grab them by the pussy'

There's his mistake right there, then. He touched her arm. Should've grabbed her by the pussy instead, and all would have been fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭ Jaiden Calm Lottery

"Assault" is hardly the right word. She went to grab the mic from his hand and he prevented her from doing so, that's it.

Ridiculous nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Hasn't already come out that the white house took the video from a conspiracy site that doctored the video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

And of course you posted the slowed down and edited version put out there by Infowars.

Here's the actual real, undoctored footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Im not taking sides . Everyone makes mistakes i think he should keep his job once he makes an apology to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Im no fan of trump - but imagine uproar if he done this.

Life ban fully deserved

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVFPpM6p3D4

What in the fúck are you talking about? Assault? Absolute nonsense, she tried to grab the microphone and he stopped her. How is that assault?

Now, if he'd grabbed her pussy while she tried to take the mic, that would be assault.

Im not taking sides . Everyone makes mistakes i think he should keep his job once he makes an apology to her.

But you posted up doctored footage of the incident. But you're right, you should keep your job once you apologise to everyone here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Yeah, even the Daily Mail says that the WH version has been edited

ysI1oKi.png

And of course you posted the slowed down and edited version put out there by Infowars.

First video I've seen or heard about it. You know it's nothing when you keep watching till the end of the video waiting to see what happened, when it already happened.

Keyzer wrote: »
    What in the fúck are you talking about? Assault? Absolute nonsense, she tried to grab the microphone and he stopped her. How is that assault?

You can't talk to these delicate snowflakes in such harsh terms. If someline as sensitive as Sweet.Science sees an assault there, then just think what your aggressive tone is going to do to them. From zero to triggered in no time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Im no fan of trump - but imagine uproar if he done this.

Done what?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Life ban fully deserved

Yeah... uh-huh... suuurrreeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Am I missing something in these videos? Either of them. There is no assault unless I'm meant to be looking elsewhere other than at man talking and the women looking to take the microphone back. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

wexie wrote: »
    Done what?

The fact is, if Trump had went and sat in the audience, pretended to be a reporter and then roughly refused to give up the mic to a young intern while he aggressively questioned himself, the mainstream media would have had a field day! Hypocrisy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JMNolan

Wheety wrote: »
    How did you reply to me before my post? :eek:

Anyway, he didn't assault her. The White House trying to whip this up is very disconcerting. Pure propaganda and attacking the press.

I've said too much already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Standman wrote: »
    The fact is, if Trump had went and sat in the audience, pretended to be a reporter and then roughly refused to give up the mic to a young intern while he aggressively questioned himself, the mainstream media would have had a field day! Hypocrisy!

Well, yes because it would show that Trump had gained the ability to bilocate.
    I think a little media frenzy is expected if the President reveals himself to be one of the X-Men.

No.

I am one of the posters on here who likes to point out hypocrisy or outlandish reactions from the left mainly, but this is really nothing. You're picking the wrong hill to die on.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Am I missing something in these videos? Either of them. There is no assault unless I'm meant to be looking elsewhere other than at man talking and the women looking to take the microphone back. :confused:

That's the supposed assault. Inforwars edited to footage to make it look like there was some kind of karate-chop and all the Trumpettes have wanked themselves into a frenzy over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Even the slowed down footage is completely nothing. He barely shifted his weight, he didn't use force, barely touched her. Absolutely pathetic smear by the cheeto in chief

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Omackeral wrote: »

It's not even nearly assault. She reached her hand out to try take the mic, he turned slightly and raised his arm in order to keep hold of the mic, and their arms briefly touched.

There was no force, no intent and no harm. There was no assault. But Sarah Sanders posted a video created by Infowars or someone where they sped up the movement of Jim Acosta's arm to make it look like he was hitting her arm with force.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Unfortunately people are blinkered. They see what they want to see. I just call it as i see it. He was out of order and should apologize.

These Russian Trump accounts are hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Unfortunately people are blinkered. They see what they want to see. I just call it as i see it. He was out of order and should apologize.

:pac:

Advertisement