Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

do you believe the anti Russian propoganda

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Paulb771 wrote: »
    The government is democratically elected every year, the west like to give a perception that the people of Russia are living under a tyrannical government and hate the government that's part of the whole justifying war I was talking about

The people of Russia don't give a flying fcuk about the "government" - for that, read Gazprom plus a few ex-Cold War bully-boys. They're weary from the fcukin' "government".

The government is democratically elected every year...

:D:D:D

• Site Banned Posts: 25 Paulb771

Grayson wrote: »
    The people of Derry are nationalist. Therefore we should do what Putin did. Send little green men over the border and take over. We can have a referendum where we pick our own international observers as well.

We would have invaded the whole 6 counties if we had the power to, the only reason the land was able to be taken was because they threatened a war we couldn't win, if even by the 70s Britain lost most of it's military might we would have took it back.

We would have invaded the whole 6 counties if we had the power to, the only reason the land was able to be taken was because they threatened a war we couldn't win, if even by the 70s Britain lost most of it's military might we would have took it back.

One aircraft carrier would have flattened the place in three hours. Straighten yourself up.

jimgoose wrote: »
    :D:D:D

Why do you think it's not? Because you seen a video on sky news the other day of some woman stuffing a ballot box?

• Advertisement

One aircraft carrier would have flattened the place in three hours. Straighten yourself up.

Read what I said "if Britain lost most of it's military might even by the 70s we would have tried to take it back"

Read what I said "if Britain lost most of it's military might even by the 70s we would have tried to take it back"

If me granny had wheels and a saddle she'd be a bicycle.

Why do you think it's not? Because you seen a video on sky news the other day of some woman stuffing a ballot box?

No, it's because Vladimir Putin is an animal, and his besties are serious international criminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

In my honest opinion, the vast majority of the Western press is biased against Russia and do subtly attempt to paint Russia in a negative light and they certainly do so as regards Putin. Russia is clearly by no means perfect but the USA are no angels either. In short they both have their own prerogative/interests and they work towards them.

As regards Crimea, its true that the Western press ignore the fact that the majority of the population of Crimea wanted to be part of Russia. i think the issue is that it was annexed. Like its often hypothesised that now or in the not too distant future that a majority of the population of Northern Ireland may prefer to be part of the Republic. So, based on the Russian logic, the Irish army should just head over the border and seize control. This isn't going to happen for obvious reasons. However, lets just say that Ireland had an army multiples the size of that of the UK.Then the Irish Army could roll in and seize NI. The only difference would be the size of the army. This is the situation with Crimea, Russia took Crimea because it could. I'm not going to judge Russia based on that, but has anything as blatant as that ever been done by a NATO country since WW2? I don't think so, i mean, we could point toward the cases of Iraq and Afghanistan where the US rolled in and installed US backed governments. Can the two situations be equated, I'm not sure but I'm fairly sure that many would say that they can be.

No, it's because Vladimir Putin is an animal, and his besties are serious international criminals.

Says who? Why do you think Putin is more of an animal than lets say Obama, Bush, David Cameron for example?

• Advertisement

Says who? Why do you think Putin is more of an animal than lets say Obama, Bush, David Cameron for example?

I think he's more of a rabid dog than Kim Jong Haircut, and should be put down out of kindness. You see, that's the way we are in the West. Don't thank me, it's my job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Putin f*cked Ukraine over.

Bush f*cked Iraq over.

David Cameron f*cked a pigs head.

Zonda999 wrote: »
    In my honest opinion, the vast majority of the Western press is biased against Russia and do subtly attempt to paint Russia in a negative light and they certainly do so as regards Putin. Russia is clearly by no means perfect but the USA are no angels either. In short they both have their own prerogative/interests and they work towards them.

As regards Crimea, its true that the Western press ignore the fact that the majority of the population of Crimea wanted to be part of Russia. i think the issue is that it was annexed. Like its often hypothesised that now or in the not too distant future that a majority of the population of Northern Ireland may prefer to be part of the Republic. So, based on the Russian logic, the Irish army should just head over the border and seize control. This isn't going to happen for obvious reasons. However, lets just say that Ireland had an army multiples the size of that of the UK.Then the Irish Army could roll in and seize NI. The only difference would be the size of the army. This is the situation with Crimea, Russia took Crimea because it could. I'm not going to judge Russia based on that, but has anything as blatant as that ever been done by a NATO country since WW2? I don't think so, i mean, we could point toward the cases of Iraq and Afghanistan where the US rolled in and installed US backed governments. Can the two situations be equated, I'm not sure but I'm fairly sure that many would say that they can be.

Your right there I used to always think Russia just rolled up and invaded Ukraine and it's also not the same as taking over the north now because crimea was denied a referendum for years, Russia invaded occupied and then immediately held a referendum where 85% wanted to join Russia it was a clear case that the majority of people wanted to join Russia, it wasn't a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

Too vague a question .

Yes I believe they are committing a massacre in Aleppo.

Yes I believe Putin has created a situation where he remains president constantly via a so called "democratic" process.

Yes I believe he has been absolutely ruthless in his handling of foreign affairs all to benefit Russia from threatening to poisoning to all out invasion or support of rebellion when it suits him.

Yes I believe their banning of gay parades is blatant prejudice.

But at the same time I don't doubt his popularity in Russia. I also don't doubt that their policies in handling some affairs in the Middle East and Crimea are wiser than the Western take on it.

In fact I also agree with the point that the vast vast majority in Crimea wanted to be part of Russia and that their action there most likely saved 1000s of lives.

Both Russia and the West has a lot of blood on its hands.

I think he's more of a rabid dog than Kim Jong Haircut, and should be put down out of kindness. You see, that's the way we are in the West. Don't thank me, it's my job.

So you have no answer? That's the thing people feel and think the way you do but have no basis for it it's all to do with how things are portrayed

zig wrote: »
    Too vague a question .

Yes I believe they are committing a massacre in Aleppo.

Yes I believe Putin has created a situation where he remains president constantly via a so called "democratic" process.

Yes I believe he has been absolutely ruthless in his handling of foreign affairs all to benefit Russia from threatening to poisoning to all out invasion or support of rebellion when it suits him.

Yes I believe their banning of gay parades is blatant prejudice.

But at the same time I don't doubt his popularity in Russia. I also don't doubt that their policies in handling some affairs in the Middle East and Crimea are wiser than the Western take on it.

In fact I also agree with the point that the vast vast majority in Crimea wanted to be part of Russia and that their action there most likely saved 1000s of lives.

Both Russia and the West has a lot of blood on its hands.

I agree with you completely here, the US is more ruthless it's just how they portray it. Being in the west you only get to hear one side of the argument

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭zSparc

The people of Crimea overwhelmingly wanted to join Russia
    1. Under Russian guns they would have voted for anything.
    2. That poll was a joke and everyone knows it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Da Comerade

Ya cant spell USSR without US

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Re-reg OP banned. Thread closed.

If anyone actually wants to debate the topic, start a thread in Politics Cafe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement