Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS5 ready Tv’s/Monitors

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Jaggy wrote: »
    Been keeping an eye out for those. The Acer you mention is the "Republic of Gamers" one yeah?

Where are you seeing about prices?

Republic of Gamers is the Asus brand, they've a 27" 32" and then a ~40 ish one. Not seen prices for those yet.

Philips announced the €600 themselves and I think I saw the same from ViewSonic.

Depending who the oem manufacturers are there may be a few more out. LG make the panels for Philips for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

So I really love the idea of an LG 55CX OLED and I see that many here are also looking at or have this. Seems to be the one to go for if you can.

For those who currently have it, how do you find the thinness of it? If I go for this I will be mounting it on a nice stand I already have via VESA brackets. Now, it won't be moved very often (Maybe to clean behind or the occasional cable management). And I will be moving by pushing/pulling the stand: Not touching the screen.

But it seems so very very VERY thin. Nervously thin if you know what I mean. Does it flex? It looks like it's so thin that it would wabble/flex when moved and crack the screen/kill columns of pixels.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Are there any other 100hz around 50" screens apart from the LG CX model?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Well, there are Samsung QLED models that have 4K 120Hz (55 inch)

Well, there are Samsung QLED models that have 4K 120Hz (55 inch)

Yeah the 43 (my current) and 49 don't and the 55 is a bit too big

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

So I really love the idea of an LG 55CX OLED and I see that many here are also looking at or have this. Seems to be the one to go for if you can.

For those who currently have it, how do you find the thinness of it? If I go for this I will be mounting it on a nice stand I already have via VESA brackets. Now, it won't be moved very often (Maybe to clean behind or the occasional cable management). And I will be moving by pushing/pulling the stand: Not touching the screen.

But it seems so very very VERY thin. Nervously thin if you know what I mean. Does it flex? It looks like it's so thin that it would wabble/flex when moved and crack the screen/kill columns of pixels.

I have the 48" model and there isn't any flex or give in the screen - on my model a big chunk of the back is the processing/cooling unit.

I moved the screen myself up a lift of stairs and had no issues (apart from my own nerves)

The part of the screen with no back unit on it is very thin but seems sturdy enough from my POV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Does anyone have their tv above a fireplace and could you offer any advice please? Thinking of doing it but wondering would the heat damage it...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 plomino

mutley18 wrote: »
    Does anyone have their tv above a fireplace and could you offer any advice please? Thinking of doing it but wondering would the heat damage it...

reddit.com/r/TVTooHigh/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

How are people finding playing the PS5 on regular HDMI 2.0 4k? A big improvement on PS4 Pro for example?

I have always played in 1080p, have a new regular 4k TV ready to go in 2 weeks, so no doubt itll be a big difference for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I have a Sony AF9 which supports 4k HDR10 but when I try to play a game on the PS5 it keeps telling me the game supports HDR but won't be used because of the TV settings. In the settings I can only select 4K or HDR, I can't have both. I have the HDMI connected via the eARC HDMI slot, is this an issue? Or is it just that the TV will only let me play in one or the other? It seems strange because a search doesn't through up any issues with the TV supporting HDR10 in 4K and I'm pretty sure I've watched other media in this format.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I have a Sony AF9 which supports 4k HDR10 but when I try to play a game on the PS5 it keeps telling me the game supports HDR but won't be used because of the TV settings. In the settings I can only select 4K or HDR, I can't have both. I have the HDMI connected via the eARC HDMI slot, is this an issue? Or is it just that the TV will only let me play in one or the other? It seems strange because a search doesn't through up any issues with the TV supporting HDR10 in 4K and I'm pretty sure I've watched other media in this format.

Where you looking under watch TV / external inputs, and then hdmi signal formats. Then set the PS5 port to enhanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Yeah I very reluctantly did it at the start of the year. I really didn't want to for height and heat reasons but thanks to the shape of the room we just couldn't come up with a better place for it.

She put the heat argument to bed by noting that the fire has been used a sum total of 3 times in the 3 years we've been in the house. As for the height, it's a "standard" sized fire place and I've mounted it about 8cm above it. I'll have to be quite selective with sound bar purchases. In the future I'd like to get a lower mantle but tbh honest I'm well used to it now. Its freed up so much space in the room that I'm glad we did it.

The top of your screen should be level with your eye level when watching it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Looking for either a monitor or TV for 300-400 range if anyone has any recommendations, does not have to be amazing but something half decent for PS5.

Preferably 4K

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

campo wrote: »
    Looking for either a monitor or TV for 300-400 range if anyone has any recommendations, does not have to be amazing but something half decent for PS5.

Preferably 4K

Amazon have a few in their Black Friday sale. This one isn't 4K but looks good?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B089SR6YJP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabt1_dlC_T1HVFbNG1ZN0R

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Varik wrote: »
    Where you looking under watch TV / external inputs, and then hdmi signal formats. Then set the PS5 port to enhanced.

That done the trick, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭RodVelvet

Lads would this Monitor be any use?

Monitor

RodVelvet wrote: »
    Lads would this Monitor be any use?

Monitor

https://www.ebuyer.com/blog/2018/09/iiyama-24-g-master-gaming-monitor-review/

Seems decent but that's a two year old review so depends on the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 D-K

Ordered the Samsung Q80 T today should have it tomorrow with the ps5 so will be interesting how it goes. Supports hdmi 2.1 which may be big in the future. Expensive week but hopefully totally worth it.

Thinking of pulling the trigger on this in the next few days, how have you been finding it mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

D-K wrote:
    Thinking of pulling the trigger on this in the next few days, how have you been finding it mark?

Would highly recommend it. It really is a beauty. The console looked absolutely great on it. Id say go for it for sure. We will be future proofed for a good while with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

I have a 2 year old Sony kd55xf87

Would that be suitable enough or is it limiting my experience?

It definitely can’t do 120hz

I’m not sure if it can even do 60hz?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/all-tvs/samsung-50-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-smart-tv-ue50tu7100kxxu-2020.html

I bought this one for Series X, is it good for that? Wanted to get a 4K tv for it.

Just in regards to hdmi will I one I get with the console be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I have a 2 year old Sony kd55xf87

Would that be suitable enough or is it limiting my experience?

It definitely can’t do 120hz

I’m not sure if it can even do 60hz?

A quick google shows your good for 4k 60Hz - in the Video Signal Support section here
    Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/all-tvs/samsung-50-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-smart-tv-ue50tu7100kxxu-2020.html

I bought this one for Series X, is it good for that? Wanted to get a 4K tv for it.

Just in regards to hdmi will I one I get with the console be perfect.

The cable bundled will be fine for all TVs. I can't comment on that model of TV, I'm sure it'll be good for the resolution upgrade but I wouldn't be expecting great HDR performance tbh

D-K wrote: »

If you can swing an extra 500 then the LG CX might be the better choice.

Or even potentially, compare the 80 and the BX models to see which to go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 D-K

Would highly recommend it. It really is a beauty. The console looked absolutely great on it. Id say go for it for sure. We will be future proofed for a good while with it.

Bit the bullet and bought today, deal with a free samsung soundbar included so made the decision a bit easier!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ginger_hammer

Hows the Samsung Q80 T look for any owners?

I have 5 year old UE55JU7000 and was wondering if there would be a big difference (besides HDMI 2.1 and VSS).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

I have 5 year old UE55JU7000 and was wondering if there would be a big difference (besides HDMI 2.1 and VSS).

I have it and love it. Only had the ps5 for 4 days with it but it looked and sounded amazing. Has hdmi 2.1 also which hopefully will be of use in the future. Id recommend it anyways.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q80-q80t-qled

Should be good. That or the LG BX or CX models.

Think all support 4K 120Hz which is what you want.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q80-q80t-qled

Should be good. That or the LG BX or CX models.

Think all support 4K 120Hz which is what you want.

The 43 and 49" Samsung models don't support 120hz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Picked up the Sony X900H last week, serious bit of stuff and a right up grade from the old HD tv I had before

Advertisement