Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

Good as in you hate the smarmy git, you mean? ;)
    Was Corey played by a different actor when he was going out with Asha first or am I inagining things :confused:

Yes, good as in me wanting to whack him over the head with that trophy!

No, it’s the same actor but with shorter hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,095 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

If I was Ty's actor I'd be voicing extreme displeasure at this story.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

pjohnson wrote: »
    He wouldn't want to rock the boat and risk the writers having a jack give way and a car crushing Tyrone to death.
    Hollywood are not exactly beating down your man's door I would say and once you've been in Corro for so long the only work you can realistically get is on Emmerdale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

The actor who played Martin platt tried that

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Platt

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

He wouldn't want to rock the boat and risk the writers having a jack give way and a car crushing Tyrone to death.
    Hollywood are not exactly beating down your man's door I would say and once you've been in Corro for so long the only work you can realistically get is on Emmerdale.
    He wouldn't want to give this up.

Screenshot-20210618-201204.jpg

Screenshot-20210618-201052.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

What's the story with the schedule this week :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Yeah they're making a gob****e out of him. It was ridiculous Fiz sitting there 4 ft away like a big budgie gawping at him..like as if you would. Then they have her and Maria sniggering at him. This kind of thing was one of the reasons he strayed. Remember him and Evelyn slagging him and him storming out. It's not paying the way for him and her to get back together anyway!
    Maria has a serious cheek. Not too long since she was in a "bad place" stalking him. Although I think Fiz did her own bit of Ty stalking if memory serves(?)..although she was just a young one at the time.
    That "ooh stop teekkling me!" scene the other night nearly had me running to the sick bucket. Did yis ever see the likes of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I see the actor playing DS Glin is called Grant Hanley and in real life is a Scottish footballer. He's playing against England in rhe Euros. If anyone is able to put up a picture of Hanley?

bobbyss wrote: »
    I see the actor playing DS Glin is called Grant Hanley and in real life is a Scottish footballer. He's playing against England in rhe Euros. If anyone is able to put up a picture of Hanley?
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fe1.365dm.com%2F19%2F12%2F768x432%2Fskysports-norwich-grant-hanley_4871829.jpg%3F20191220161728&f=1&nofb=1

His name is Philip Rowson. https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJzj4tLP1TdIT8lOycg1YPTiLcjIzMksUCjKLy_OzwMAekcJVQ&q=philip+rowson&rlz=1C9BKJA_enIE744IE744&oq=philip+row&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0j46j0l2j46.5926j0j7&hl=en-GB&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=IoDH13tJrPUz6M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

He played well last night.............is that why Corrie wasn't on.......:P
    ..and Phil Foden who plays Jake in Emmerdale.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭bobbyss

He played well last night.............is that why Corrie wasn't on.......:P
    ..and Phil Foden who plays Jake in Emmerdale.....

He took care of Kane not a bother. Next up? 'Arvey sweetheart. Let's hope he can do a job on him as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

He took care of Kane not a bother. Next up? 'Arvey sweetheart. Let's hope he can do a job on him as well.

How many of us thought for a second that he was a bent copper....:eek:

Ann22 wrote: »
    Yeah they're making a gob****e out of him. It was ridiculous Fiz sitting there 4 ft away like a big budgie gawping at him..like as if you would. Then they have her and Maria sniggering at him. This kind of thing was one of the reasons he strayed. Remember him and Evelyn slagging him and him storming out. It's not paying the way for him and her to get back together anyway!
    Maria has a serious cheek. Not too long since she was in a "bad place" stalking him. Although I think Fiz did her own bit of Ty stalking if memory serves(?)..although she was just a young one at the time.
    That "ooh stop teekkling me!" scene the other night nearly had me running to the sick bucket. Did yis ever see the likes of it!
    Nowadays I don't think the actors even know what the storylines for their characters will be in advance.
    Ken Barlow was saying that you used to the script for the week ahead and you could take them home and read through them to learn your lines.
    Now you turn up in the morning and you are given your lines for the day and only get 20 mins to learn them.
    Actors would be as much in the dark about where their character is going as we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭threetrees

So I know Tyrone is the bad guy, leaving Fizz, looking ridiculous in the jeans, but I thought Fizz laughing loudly and slagging him off in public about his jeans was awful. By all means laugh away silently but to do so openly wasn't right.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Nowadays I don't think the actors even know what the storylines for their characters will be in advance.
    Ken Barlow was saying that you used to the script for the week ahead and you could take them home and read through them to learn your lines.
    Now you turn up in the morning and you are given your lines for the day and only get 20 mins to learn them.
    Actors would be as much in the dark about where their character is going as we are.

Les Battersby mouthing off in the pub to the undercover reporter must have spoiled it for everyone else.

Meeoow wrote: »
    Les Battersby mouthing off in the pub to the undercover reporter must have spoiled it for everyone else.
    Was that on the show or irl :confused:
    I think the Les actor struggles with the drink.

threetrees wrote: »
    So I know Tyrone is the bad guy, leaving Fizz, looking ridiculous in the jeans, but I thought Fizz laughing loudly and slagging him off in public about his jeans was awful. By all means laugh away silently but to do so openly wasn't right.
    I used to like Fizz and Ty as a couple. Now they are turning them into horrible characters and it is sad to see.
    The pair of them and Alina girl must be muttering 'oh ffs, give me strength' under their breath every morning when the read the script and see what's in store for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Was that on the show or irl :confused:
    I think the Les actor struggles with the drink.

Irl, believe it or not. Bruce Jones was sacked because of it. Horrible reporter, I think they got him pissed and got some storylines off him. Pity. He was a great character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So if you think Harvey was orchestrating witness intimidation from his cell might it not be an idea to search him and his cell for maybe a mobile phone

He's not even making any effort to be quiet or keep the conversation short when he's on the phone, and often it's other characters calling him rather than the other way around and he never looks like he's staying out of sound or earshot of the guards.

It's like that scene in Goodfellas where Ray Liotta and friends are living in a nicely furnished apartment of a prison cell getting fresh food deliveries and making a nice full dinner without the guards interfering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sharon is back and the milky bar kid was nearly shot but could see the car number plate

Sharon is back and the milky bar kid was nearly shot but could see the car number plate
    The kid was shot at and neither his mum or dad hugged him afterwards!

Did anyone clock the drugs wallpaper in Shazz's flat :D

Summer is such a dose, she is supposed to be 18 and is carrying on like a stroppy 13 year old. I'm not too keen on her new actress.

Jikashi wrote: »
    He's not even making any effort to be quiet or keep the conversation short when he's on the phone, and often it's other characters calling him rather than the other way around and he never looks like he's staying out of sound or earshot of the guards.

It's like that scene in Goodfellas where Ray Liotta and friends are living in a nicely furnished apartment of a prison cell getting fresh food deliveries and making a nice full dinner without the guards interfering.
    Yes Arvey is taking the piss with his phone now. He was practically shouting his head off tonight.

Holy Mother of Gawd.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Maryanne84 wrote: »
    Holy Mother of Gawd.
    to which bit are you referring? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Nina a Marvel fan liking Black Panther

Nina a Marvel fan liking Black Panther
    Yeah I didn't buy that myself. Would The Crow not be more her style?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,972 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Maryanne84 wrote: »
    Holy Mother of Gawd.

And the baby Jeasus. :)

Harvey putting the phone up his all the time must have a pain in his hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Ffs Summer still hasn’t had a blood test.

• Advertisement

casio4 wrote: »
    to which bit are you referring? :D:D

The hole lot of it, fella. Dire acting, apart from Roy.

Advertisement