Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

1140141142143144146»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

dulpit wrote: »
    On the mobile site if you click into one of your followed threads you usually go to the first unread post. For threads that haven't been updated in ages, I usually go to the first page, and have to find the first unread. I've noticed that this now seems to be happening for more threads - is there a specific timespan that this should affect? (hope this makes sense)

I've noticed something similar, too, even for popular threads that I would have accessed daily - when I click on the "last unread post" arrow it brings me back to the last post I had previously read and doesn't show any new posts unless I repeatedly refresh the page. I've cleared the cache but it's made no difference. This only happens on the full site while on the mobile. It's only started in the last week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Boards servers? ;)

v8nqfyb2ay811.jpg

======================

Jokes aside...
    Hurrache wrote: »
    I get similar. Using Edge I cannot click in forum when I used the find forums search window, clicking it nothing happens.
    Dubwat wrote: »
    I'm having similar problems. I use the search bar to get to certain forums. Previously, I'd type in, say, vaping and then click on the resulting suggestion. Now that doesn't work. Hasn't worked for maybe a week?

Win10 & Vivaldi browser.

Similar problem as above, but on win7 and firefox. Works fine on win7 and opera.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

New Home wrote: »
    I've noticed something similar, too, even for popular threads that I would have accessed daily - when I click on the "last unread post" arrow it brings me back to the last post I had previously read and doesn't show any new posts unless I repeatedly refresh the page. I've cleared the cache but it's made no difference. This only happens on the full site while on the mobile. It's only started in the last week or so.

One more thing I've noticed - if I go to select any of my posts, I'm not brought to that post, but to the top of the page on which that post is. Let's say, for instance, my post is the 28th on page 7 of a thread, I'm brought every time to page 7, post 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Slideways

Thanks TherapyBoy.

I deployed an update.

The next time you are logged into the full site on your phone, can you click "Cookie Settings" in the footer to launch it, save your settings, and let me know if you still get redirected touch?

Hi David, I did this when you posted the suggestion. Today, cookie box popped up again and pushed me back to the touch site

• Registered Users Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I've noticed that twitter links no longer embed on the main site, but they do seem to work okay on mobile. I guess with the upcoming migration it might not be an issue worth looking at, but thought I'd highlight it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Can you see this one? It looks ok from here (embedded from desktop and viewed from desktop). I know if the tweet is deleted the embed will stop working and just a link will appear. Do you have an example in a post for me to look at?

https://twitter.com/CSOIreland/status/1400754278571073538

• Registered Users Posts: 81,140 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

joujoujou wrote: »
    Boards servers? ;)

v8nqfyb2ay811.jpg

======================

Jokes aside...

Similar problem as above, but on win7 and firefox. Works fine on win7 and opera.

Slightly OT, is that a cryptominer fire? Jaysis. I ask because that is a lot of ATX powerline spaghetti

Back OT: can we get a sweep of previews/images/walkthroughs from the test environment?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Can you see this one? It looks ok from here (embedded from desktop and viewed from desktop). I know if the tweet is deleted the embed will stop working and just a link will appear. Do you have an example in a post for me to look at?

https://twitter.com/CSOIreland/status/1400754278571073538

Im having the same problem with lots of Twitter links not embedding on desktop. The CSO one above is embedding fine but overall about 80% of Twitter links are just displaying as a link. If I click the post number to display it as a single post then the Twitter link embeds fine as it gets refreshed but not when it is just on a normal page of posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,781 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

One more thing I've noticed - if I go to select any of my posts, I'm not brought to that post, but to the top of the page on which that post is. Let's say, for instance, my post is the 28th on page 7 of a thread, I'm brought every time to page 7, post 1.

I’ve had similar issues for some time now.
    I’ve posted about it.
    I’ve been ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Bit of a weird one, but another poster has noticed a huge and ongoing increase in the number of profile visits.

Is this a bug or do they need to look out for a maniacal stalker?

• Advertisement

Someone with chunky fingers trying to click on the "last unread post" arrow on a thread but clicking on that username by mistake? God knows I've done it sooo many times myself! If it's a popular thread that could explain it. Or it's a stalker.

Someone with chunky fingers trying to click on the "last unread post" arrow on a thread but clicking on that username by mistake? God knows I've done it sooo many times myself! If it's a popular thread that could explain it. Or it's a stalker.

There was over a hundred yesterday evening so unlikely to all be accidental.

If it was happening to others it would suggest a glitch in the matrix.

0_o

0_o

Indeed!

The thanks buttons disappeared here for a while too, I was trying to remember if it was always disabled in Feedback.

Curiouser and curiouser. Hopefully all runs as normal once the migration to the new platform is complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,438 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hi, just wondering if there was any update on the delayed e-mail notifications for subscribed threads?

Thanks.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,036 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'm still getting Happy Friday notifications. It's now Monday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,781 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Or perhaps they have made an interesting/controversial post recently which has attracted a lot of attention

• Registered Users Posts: 13,355 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

site seems to be running very slowly tonite, and timing out repeatedly.

Started noticing this when you mentioned. Happened here as well, went from 1070 to 1224 today alone... (with no attracting posts from me, seve ob)

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Started noticing this when you mentioned. Happened here as well, went from 1070 to 1224 today alone... (with no attracting posts from me, seve ob)

It must be a glitch in the matrix then. I wonder what's triggering it for some posters and not others?

Even the most profound, witty or entertaining post wouldn't attract that much traffic to a profile, and there's simply too many for it to be an accumulation of accidental clicks.

• Advertisement

It must be a glitch in the matrix then. I wonder what's triggering it for some posters and not others?

Even the most profound, witty or entertaining post wouldn't attract that much traffic to a profile, and there's simply too many for it to be an accumulation of accidental clicks.

...or an impending spammer alert ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if there was any update on the delayed e-mail notifications for subscribed threads?

Thanks.
    It's the same for mods and reported posts. They're running a couple of days behind for many. It looks like people are being ignored. I get feck all so not such an issuem but I don't know how those modding the heavy traffic forums are coping.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,897 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Wibbs wrote: »
    It's the same for mods and reported posts. They're running a couple of days behind for many. It looks like people are being ignored. I get feck all so not such an issuem but I don't know how those modding the heavy traffic forums are coping.

I rose this issue about 2 months ago on different thread, gave up as it became intolerable, Notifications coming in at all hours of the night, days late and from threads closed or I'd actually left.

I eventually disabled all email notifications on the control panel, I know it doesn't suit everyone but I can easily check in on threads I follow via Touch site. I still get private meaages which is fine, just a pity I get 2 and 3 notifications for the same meaages, even after reading and responding.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

GATEWAY TIME-OUT

The web server reported a gateway time-out error.

• Ray ID: 66f663fd5f37dc33
    • Your IP address: 213.233.155.153
    • Error reference number: 504
    • Cloudflare Location: London

What happened?

The initial connection between Cloudflare's network and Vanilla timed out. As a result, the web page can not be displayed.

What can I do to resolve this?

Please try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, you can contact the site owner to let them know you were unable to reach the website.

Your IP: 213.233.155.153

Ray ID: 66f663fd5f37dc33

Help Performance & Security by Vanilla Forums Inc.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement