Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Are PS5s allowed on adverts now?

Seems to be heaps...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Adverts are quite happy to allow scalping and profiteering unless a) it's EP tickets and the promoter threatens legal action or b) it's bad press.

b) was the case for a good while but with the furore dying down over lack of stock they've obviously seen fit to enable it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Does anyone here know when Argos might have their PS5's up for sale on their site please? I've heard a rumour that they'll have a few going up for sale tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭puzl

Managed to pick up a second one from Currys last Tuesday. This is the second console I have bought and this time I was doing the legwork for a family member

I happened to be in Currys for a totally unrelated reason last Saturday and just asked in passing while at the checkout. They had a stack of PS5 preorder forms all printed from their allocation. I filled one in, paid for the digital with extra controller bundle and that was it. I happened to be in Currys again the next day and I decided to ask if they still had ps5s and the guy held up the much thinner stack of preorder forms.

So, it seems like allocations are up in Ireland at the moment, as hopefully it lasts and all of you get your console.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭shawki

Player 2 wrote: »
    I traded in a PS4 for store credit in Gamestop today:
    "You can use your store credit to partially pay for a PS5 online (when they're available!)"

It's not a Gift Card though. I've no idea how to use this "Store Credit" when making a purchase online. Have I missed a trick?

I traded in a PS4 on Saturday and got a plastic gift card, maybe they will switch it for you.

• Advertisement

shawki wrote: »
    I traded in a PS4 on Saturday and got a plastic gift card, maybe they will switch it for you.

How much did they give you for if you don't mind? Was a it a Pro?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Does anyone here know when Argos might have their PS5's up for sale on their site please? I've heard a rumour that they'll have a few going up for sale tonight?

I believe argos wont have a restock until next week but are due a fairly sizable order, if I hear more I will let you know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I did this recently too, I don’t know the breakdown but I got €315 for a PS4 Pro, an extra DualShock controller, Red Dead Redemption and God of War.

Now if only there was a GameStop that had a PS5 for me to buy.

Yes it was a 1TB Pro,
    Regular Trade Price €200
    25% Bonus €50
    Level 3 10% Bonus €20
    Total €270

25% offer is finished today though.

Yes it was a 1TB Pro,
    Regular Trade Price €200
    25% Bonus €50
    Level 3 10% Bonus €20
    Total €270

25% offer is finished today though.
    That's pretty good tbf. I'd let mine go for that price no bother.

• Advertisement

Bump!

Got Demon Souls on Saturday but no update about the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Alast

Bump!

Got Demon Souls on Saturday but no update about the console.

I got the console today after ordering it from Gamestop during the Thursday sale

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tyrion1234

Alast wrote: »
    I got the console today after ordering it from Gamestop during the Thursday sale

Damn I got demon's souls but the console hasn't even been shipped yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭florryfox

tyrion1234 wrote: »
    Damn I got demon's souls but the console hasn't even been shipped yet.

Got spiderman delivered on Saturday. I had hoped the console would ship today as I stupidly promised my son it should be here by tomorrow.😗🀨

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

DS arrived today but PS5 has not been shipped yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I got the console today too from the gamestop drop last week. It's bloody massive. Such a weird design, looks very weird sitting horizontally.

My console has just shipped now according to e-mail from gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eggs4sale

Anyone else order from Littlewoods at all? My order says it'll be here by July 9th when I ordered last wednesday, it can't possibly take that long will it? It supposedly left Wendesbury on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sburn

eggs4sale wrote: »
    Anyone else order from Littlewoods at all? My order says it'll be here by July 9th when I ordered last wednesday, it can't possibly take that long will it? It supposedly left Wendesbury on Thursday

Mine just arrived today, left Wendesbury the same date as yours

florryfox wrote: »
    My console has just shipped now according to e-mail from gamestop.

Got email from them last night as well but AnPost tracking still doesnt work so i presume they dont have it yet :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Etc

Game arrived today from GameStop, no notification yet on my console

Got email from them last night as well but AnPost tracking still doesnt work so i presume they dont have it yet :(

Same here, no details on the An Post system yet unfortunately.

Mine just landed. The AnPost lad had one more in the van for delivery too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Just got the shipping email now, hopefully it’ll land tomorrow 🤞🏼

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Etc

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Just got the shipping email now, hopefully it’ll land tomorrow 🤞🏼

Me too !

I have the shipping email since Monday lunchtime but it hasn’t been scanned by an post yet.

Mine has just been scanned and is in Dublin parcel hub. I hope it doesn't reside there for too long and make its way down to Tipp.

florryfox wrote: »
    Mine has just been scanned and is in Dublin parcel hub. I hope it doesn't reside there for too long and make its way down to Tipp.

My has been scanned at 8.10 should be 2moro in Galway .I feel like in 1998 when I got my PS1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭mrbubbles

eggs4sale wrote: »

I got one from Littlewoods and it also had a delivery date of 9th July... but there have been no updates since Received at WEDNESBURY on 24th June so I'm not even hopeful that it'll make it for that :(

• Advertisement

Arrived today,played 4h of DS and tested few ps4.But
    Jaysus this console is ugly af compare to series x :).Im happy with controller,very similar to xbox wich I like.

Advertisement