Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

1394041424345»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I picked up a PS4 Pro recently after having not owned a playstation since the PS2. I bought all the PS exclusives I missed out on that interested me which were Last of Us 1 + 2, God Of War, Uncharted 4 + Lost Legacy, Horizon Zero Dawn, Ghost of Tsushima. Thus far I have got through:

God of War: Absolutely fantastic game, looks + plays amazing. I used to play the first few games back on the PS2 so not a completely new experience to me but quite different from those days. I skipped all the side content as I had a lot of games to get through but will probably go back and play through this again on PS5 before the sequel is out and get through the stuff I missed. Best game I've played in a long long time.

Last of Us: I'd watched somebody I lived with play through this back when it was first out so I knew the ending already, still a great game and holds up extremely well in 2021.

Uncharted 4: I cannot warm to this at all, it feels like an interactive movie rather than a game most of the time (a cheesy over the top summer blockbuster that I wouldn't pay to watch). I'm just over halfway through and will probably finish this but I don't get the hype. You spend most of your time either watching cutscenes, climbing on various things or involved in ridiculous over the top action sequences. It immediately reminded me of the recent Tomb Raider games when I played the first 30 minutes and I much preferred those. It does look great though and everytime I come back to it after playing something else I immediately notice the voice acting is a cut above any other game I've been playing.

Horizon Zero Dawn: I've just finished this and have started the DLC. Fairly decent game, a solid 8/10 from me. I had been told prior by someone that it was amazing so maybe that got my expectations up a little bit. The storyline is its strong point, they manage to make a world of robotic dinosaurs seem at least somewhat plausible in the end.

I'm trying to source a PS5 (with the rest of the world) to play the rest of the games I've bought on, the PS4 Pro is ridiculously noisy and somewhat ruins the experience.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone remember the name of a website where you buy cheap psn credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Instant Gaming and Eneba, both are out of stock atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,317 ✭✭✭VanZan

You might be thinking of press-start.com which then became instant-gaming.com

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

VanZan wrote: »
    You might be thinking of press-start.com which then became instant-gaming.com

That was it I think cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

Hi all,

I woke up this morning to emails saying the wallet on my PlayStation had been topped and there were four transactions of €25 each. There was another email saying the email address on my account had been changed. None of this was me. I contacted my bank to cancel my care straight away. It’s just the €100 that went out in the end.

I tried contacting Sony to report the fraud, get my email changed so I can access my account, and look for a refund. I was only able to talk to a robot and they said they won’t have actual operators available until Monday. Surely there is some number I can call on a Sunday?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This has never happened to me before so I’m fairly stressed over it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Redo91 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I woke up this morning to emails saying the wallet on my PlayStation had been topped and there were four transactions of €25 each. There was another email saying the email address on my account had been changed. None of this was me. I contacted my bank to cancel my care straight away. It’s just the €100 that went out in the end.

I tried contacting Sony to report the fraud, get my email changed so I can access my account, and look for a refund. I was only able to talk to a robot and they said they won’t have actual operators available until Monday. Surely there is some number I can call on a Sunday?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This has never happened to me before so I’m fairly stressed over it.

Thanks

You might have luck with their Twitter account. Once everything is secured again, set up two-step security ASAP if you haven't already, and unlink any cards to the Sony account. I only use pre-paid disposable cards and vouchers to top up these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

You might have luck with their Twitter account. Once everything is secured again, set up two-step security ASAP if you haven't already, and unlink any cards to the Sony account. I only use pre-paid disposable cards and vouchers to top up these days.

Ya I didn’t know about the two-step before now but will definitely use it in future. Cancelled the only card I had linked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Cheapest place to get a ps4 controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

This year’s Play at Home initiative is kicking off in March and extending through June.

PlayStation and Insomniac Games will make Ratchet & Clank PS4 available for free download for a limited time through PlayStation Store from March 1 at 8pm PST / March 2 4am GMT / 5am CET to March 31, 2021 at 8pm PDT* / April 1 4am BST / 5am CEST. Once you redeem the game, it will be yours to keep. This 2016 PS4 action-adventure hit from Insomniac Games revisits the origin stories of these beloved PlayStation heroes and features a great mix of outrageous combat and comedy.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1364213670713114626?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,790 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was given with Plus so likely won't be able to add it to the account on a permanent basis the same way we can't buy games if we have them through plus. Just in case you want to play after your Plus expires.
    Or has that changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

New firmware 8.50 beta for ps4 if anyone's interested. 20 accounts can use this code

T9CR-9RN5-2A3K

Main features updated in this system software beta version
    • In Messages, you can now turn notifications on or off for each of the groups you're in. On the group screen, open the options menu and select Turn Notifications Off.

Other update features
    • On the game session details screen, you can now use the Request to Join button to ask the session leader to join their game session. The session leader can then send you an invite to join the game session.
    • When playing a game you've hidden, other players will no longer see that you're currently playing that game.
    • The Communities feature is no longer available.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    New firmware 8.50 beta for ps4 if anyone's interested. 20 accounts can use this code

T9CR-9RN5-2A3K

Main features updated in this system software beta version
    • In Messages, you can now turn notifications on or off for each of the groups you're in. On the group screen, open the options menu and select Turn Notifications Off.

Other update features
    • On the game session details screen, you can now use the Request to Join button to ask the session leader to join their game session. The session leader can then send you an invite to join the game session.
    • When playing a game you've hidden, other players will no longer see that you're currently playing that game.
    • The Communities feature is no longer available.

Here's another code
    YOUR VOUCHER CODE:
    5GTL-4NN4-NDKP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Here's another code
    YOUR VOUCHER CODE:
    5GTL-4NN4-NDKP

And another:

D5TA-4EN4-2CBG

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

Any idea where the best value can be found for a DualShock 4?

Well I did just buy Moss, so makes sense it would be given away

• Registered Users Posts: 33,216 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Well I did just buy Moss, so makes sense it would be given away

We thank you for your sacrifice

9CSWeNf.gif

Penn wrote: »
    We thank you for your sacrifice

9CSWeNf.gif

Who wants to return the favour by buying Beat Saber so it might get a discount, at least? :pac:

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Who wants to return the favour by buying Beat Saber so it might get a discount, at least? :pac:
    It's still crazy that Beat Saber has never got a discount since it's release. Facebook do own the developer though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I wouldn't hold hope on Beat Saber ever being a free game, at least until Beat Saber 2 is made (if ever). But I can't see it lasting much longer, they're leaving it waaaaay too long between music packs, and half the packs are very specific and not enjoyable to people who bought into the original EDM style (Imagine Dragons, Greenday and some k-pop boyband... Jesus wept). Loved it for the first few months, but it went strongly downhill after Facebook bought them. You know it's bad when the person who basically made most the music left to "concentrate on [his] music".

Such a huge market, and they somehow messed it up. I couldn't care less about licensing issues, I want more music like the original soundtracks, because that suits the game so much better, and it's better than having some whingebag moaning into my ears over a 4 chord song. And how hard can it be in this day and age to get the rights to some 90's dance tunes?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Big bump

Anyone know of a place in Limerick that does PS4 Slim drive repairs? It won't pull in the disc. I did open it up and checked, and a spring was loose so I put it back, but still nothing.

chrislad wrote: »
    Big bump

Anyone know of a place in Limerick that does PS4 Slim drive repairs? It won't pull in the disc. I did open it up and checked, and a spring was loose so I put it back, but still nothing.

GameStop do repairs, €99 for a PS4. Just bring it in. You could also check elsewhere.

Ratchet & Clank remake

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

For anyone interested in trying the PS4 9.0 beta, here's a code: EHF8-DNN2-2PB4.

• Advertisement
Advertisement