Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards.ie Favourite Christmas Advert - The FINAL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Quality Street please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Can't see it getting too far but Quality Street for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Can't see it getting too far but Quality Street for me!

Theres definitely better QS adverts, but I liked the fact this was one that was only used for one christmas season. They other time the graphics were used it had the magic moments song accompanying it.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

And Quality Street Advances 4-1

Loughc wrote: »

And I bought another personalised tin of Quality Street. Damn you Christmas forum :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Matchup 3

3 mobile - 2014

vS.

Boots 2017

first TO 4.

3 mobile please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Baybay

And another for 3 Mobile!

I think both are quite nice.

I'll go with Boots though.

Boots
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Boots for me too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

3 mobile!
    Caranica wrote: »
    And I bought another personalised tin of Quality Street. Damn you Christmas forum :D
    You deserve it. :D

It's 3-3 at the moment, next vote wins!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

jesus, 3 mobile 3 mobile!!

Loughc wrote: »

phew!! just out of long training day. Que heart failure of missing a few!

snowgal wrote: »
    jesus, 3 mobile 3 mobile!!

And 3 mobile advances. 4-3.

The tournament continues tomorrow.

Given the day and the sun I thought we all could have done with the day off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Am off today and tomorrow however will check in on the phone so hopefully time it to get to vote in a few.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Am off today and tomorrow however will check in on the phone so hopefully time it to get to vote in a few.

Same here, though am putting together my CPD stuff for 2020 now that I have some time so may be at the PC a bit for the next couple of days until I get this in order.

I never use Boards on a PC, I'm always on my phone!

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    I never use Boards on a PC, I'm always on my phone!

Hate using it on my phone, I cant get emojis to come up as anything other than weird characters & squiggles :D

Any my typing (which is bad enough on a keyboard) is atrocious on a phone keypad.

Next matchup is a good one;

John Lewis 2011 - The long wait

Vs.

Sky Cinema - A few of my favourite things.

First to 4.

Tough one as I love both, but I'll go with Sky Cinema.
    Though I suspect it'll be well beaten... the JL one is the first of their good run of adverts,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

John Lewis , one of my all time favs to be honest :)

John Lewis all the way.

god so early on, and Im genuinely finding it hard to chose, love both....
    Sky cinema one just shades it, by a teeny tiny amount....

2-2 tight matchup

John Lewis! :)

John Lewis

• Advertisement

And a quick turn around as John Lewis advances 4-2.

Advertisement