Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Éireann (Expressway) New Ticketing System

• 18-02-2021 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭

https://www.buseireann.ie/service_updates.php?id=4571&month=Feb
    New MyExpressway ticketing platform for expressway.ie
    Expressway announce the introduction of new MyExpressway ticketing platform for expressway.ie.

From Tuesday, 23 February 2021, customers will be able to avail of new features when booking Expressway services online, on board and at ticket vending machines:

* Advance Seat reservations on ALL Expressway routes with priority boarding for pre-booked customers.

* Seat Reservation now available on Expressway.ie for Free Travel Scheme passengers.

New ways to pay onboard
    *Contactless,
    *Apple Pay,
    *Google Pay,
    *TFI Leap Card

Seat reservation passengers will receive priority boarding. Once all are boarded, seats for your chosen service will become available on a first come, first served basis.

Walk up customers will be boarded subject to availability after all “Seat Reservation” passengers are boarded. We encourage passengers to book in advance to avoid disappointment.

Tickets purchased on routes serviced by both Expressway and Bus Éireann PSO, are only valid for whichever service (Expressway or Bus Éireann PSO) is selected at the time of purchase. This is a change from previous practice. There will be a grace period of four weeks until 23 March before this is implemented.

Queries can be directed to CustomerCare@expressway.ie and all e-tickets will be issued from tickets@expressway.ie .

Customers are reminded that Expressway services continue to operate at reduced capacity under current public health restrictions and Government advice is that public transport should be avoided unless the travel is essential.

We’d ask that intending passengers remain polite and respectful towards drivers and other transport workers at all time. Please remember to wear a face covering when using public transport.

We thank you for your continued support and hope you enjoy these new features making connecting with who and what matters to you even easier.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,594 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'm surprised this hasn't got more coverage: Not being able to buy through tickets from Bus Éireann is going to be quite a change, and potentially lose Expressway a lot of customers as people change to more frequent operators for the non-PSO leg of a journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Single ticket price from Dublin to Monaghan has increased from €13 to €18. That's f'ing lovely.
    The old system was much more user friendly, I think.

Single ticket price from Dublin to Monaghan has increased from €13 to €18. That's f'ing lovely.
    The old system was much more user friendly, I think.

Wow. That's some increase. There was nothing in their press release about price changes.

I had wondered if there might be issues where a through ticket was less than tickets for individual legs summed together. But that's a simple Expressway journey.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

I'm surprised this hasn't got more coverage: Not being able to buy through tickets from Bus Éireann is going to be quite a change, and potentially lose Expressway a lot of customers as people change to more frequent operators for the non-PSO leg of a journey.

Probably required by the NTA under the new gross cost PSO model allowing BE have through tickets for PSO routes and non PSO routes would be seen as unfair competition

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Any cross susbidisation would not be allowed and I suspect that even if it was booked as the same as single fares (or any discount on the Expressway price alone) it would have to be open to other operators to do the same with Expressway

Ye-olde Dutch national fare basis system might have been useful for facilitating that but it has its own problems

• Advertisement

GT89 wrote: »
    Probably required by the NTA under the new gross cost PSO model allowing BE have through tickets for PSO routes and non PSO routes would be seen as unfair competition

I get that - but it will be quite a PITA for tourists. And the effect on ticketing for even non-Expressway tickets (eg Clarenbridge to Claregalway is now two separate tickets even when both legs are on PSO buses) is interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Website is still a complete mess to use.

Advertisement