Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bands I should have gotten into but didn’t

• 11-06-2020 9:33pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So I’ve slowly been building up my vinyl collection. It got me to thinking there were probably plenty of bands I should have listened to but never did. The first one I am going to tackle is RUSH. Would any fans recommend an album to kick me off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

2112 then moving pictures :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Ok I just ordered 2112 on vinyl. I’ll let ya know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

A Farewell To Kings is my favourite.

The 4 albums from AFTK through to Moving Pictures is some run of superb music.

And of course 2112.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,375 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

So I’ve slowly been building up my vinyl collection. It got me to thinking there were probably plenty of bands I should have listened to but never did. The first one I am going to tackle is RUSH. Would any fans recommend an album to kick me off?

If you're starting with Rush I'd HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend similar...

"Yes - 90215", it's definitely the easiest of their albums to get into. Iit's flawless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

2112 and Moving Pictures are legendary. Power Windows is one of those cool gems from their back catalogue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement