Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is buying Tom Scioli's books???

• 05-11-2019 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

I'm not usually one for really &^!%ing on someone but how did Tom Scioli ever get a job writing/drawing comics? I read his Transformers/G.I.Joe crossover and I wanted to bleach my eyes afterward. I even tried his "Go-Bots" book, again, total garbage.

I saw that he did a Bloodstrike book but I passed on it completely.

Who is buying this guys stuff???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

I'm not usually one for really &^!%ing on someone but how did Tom Scioli ever get a job writing/drawing comics? I read his Transformers/G.I.Joe crossover and I wanted to bleach my eyes afterward. I even tried his "Go-Bots" book, again, total garbage.

I saw that he did a Bloodstrike book but I passed on it completely.

Who is buying this guys stuff???

Baffles me too. His art style isn't to my taste, but I enjoyed the gijoe vs transformers and go-bots plot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 TheHairyMenace

Jayd0g wrote: »
    Baffles me too. His art style isn't to my taste, but I enjoyed the gijoe vs transformers and go-bots plot.

I really wanted to enjoy them, (being an 80's child as I am) but I thought they were utter rubbish. No coherence, no grasp of even basic story-telling.

I even took a look at that "Satan's soldier" book he did. It's just a lazy rip of Superman, (except now he's a bad guy), ffs the dialog is pencilled in!!!

Advertisement