Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Go Safe question.

• 23-10-2019 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭

Primarily, those vans are used for checking vehicle speeds.
    Can they be used to adduce evidence of a vehicle driving in a bus lane ?
    Just wondering.

Saw one this morning parked on the Rock Road. It would have been monitoring speeds of vehicles coming from Booterstown Avenue. I did wonder if it could be used to pick up bus lane intruders as that is a persistent driving practice along that stretch.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i suspect (not that i know what i'm talking about, but that never stopped me before) that the issue is one as much of legislation as it is of technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It think it could be easily done. There may be a desire to collect slightly different evidence, e.g. video and photo as opposed to photo(s) and speed.

However, I think the best way to do it would be to have cameras on buses. You might however have to train bus drivers to give evidence in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Aston martin

The van in Booterstown can do both sides of the road , it shouldn't park so close to begging of bus lane

Advertisement