Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Liveline Valentine: Roses are red, violations are blue, do be, do be do be do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Dempo1 wrote: »
    More heresay
    Struggled with ‘Marmion’ again...over emphasis on the ‘ion’ bit.

That’s the auld Doob for ya...cannot handle any kind of unusual name.

Frank Lambert..

Johnny Flarretty..

Did you Audder de peeesas.

That’s the auld Doob.... shot to bits.

The azoo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

The azoo

Shake Mulholland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Just wondering, further to my point earlier, is it actually possible to get a list of the callers to the show? Given that they are a licensed broadcaster and RTE subject to the BAI rules regarding fairness, balance and objectiveness (stop laughing everybody) - would it be possible to request that RTE provide a list of the callers to the show on any particular day? Not names and addresses obviously, but details of the numbers of callers and the topics that they wanted to speak about. Surely, to demonstrate that the show is at least partially caller driven (as is suggested), then it is not asking for much to have them prove their claim.

Free Of Information Request?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,301 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Of course it is possible, but it would be rejected, as you know..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Good point. Sure the day RTE-gate broke, they could only get enough callers to manage 30mins worth of it before they had to move on.

• Advertisement

zell12 wrote: »
    Of course it is possible, but it would be rejected, as you know..

Oh I'm sure probably would, but I wonder if it's been asked before and what the response was.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Shake Mulholland

I feel stupid asking this as I feel I already know the answer so to speak, but....did he really say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

I feel stupid asking this as I feel I already know the answer so to speak, but....did he really say that?

It started off with Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum being used as obnoxiously as possible but he must have lost track of the bit of paper it was written on or , more likely, lost interest and it ended up as "Shake Mulholland"

It started off with Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum being used as obnoxiously as possible but he must have lost track of the bit of paper it was written on or , more likely, lost interest and it ended up as "Shake Mulholland"

How does this man continue to have a job?

I cannot understand how there is not huge pressure on Mary Robinson to right her wrong with regard to this. The girl is still being held captive, and Robinson herself now says that she believes Latifa. Could you imagine the pressure it would put on the Sheik if she organised a protest outside one of his studs. Surely the case with Gordon Elliott pales in to complete significance with the seriousness of this? Where the hell are the women's rights people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Dempo1 wrote: »
    More heresay
    I cannot understand how there is not huge pressure on Mary Robinson to right her wrong with regard to this. The girl is still being held captive, and Robinson herself now says that she believes Latifa. Could you imagine the pressure it would put on the Sheik if she organised a protest outside one of his studs. Surely the case with Gordon Elliott pales in to complete significance with the seriousness of this? Where the hell are the women's rights people?
    she assisted a kidnapping

she assisted a kidnapping

She effectively rubber stamped the official story from the Sheik and his officials that Latifa was healthy but mentally unwell. This helped the Sheik to bury the story and condemned Latifa to another two years in captivity. I cannot understand how there is not more outrage about this. Is it because the media don't want any criticism of sacred cow Mary Robinson? Are they afraid of losing the Sheik's horsey money? I don't get it.

She effectively rubber stamped the official story from the Sheik and his officials that Latifa was healthy but mentally unwell. This helped the Sheik to bury the story and condemned Latifa to another two years in captivity. I cannot understand how there is not more outrage about this. Is it because the media don't want any criticism of sacred cow Mary Robinson? Are they afraid of losing the Sheik's horsey money? I don't get it.

Both of those plus the inevitable ensuing diplomatic nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

The state broadcaster can be fairly mute when it suits them... makes a mockery of their "the truth matters" slogan. no way would they rustle a sacred cows feathers lest the real truth would out,lady Bourke of Balina has long tentacles, best leave her be and chase a few commoners... oh look over there>>>

The state broadcaster can be fairly mute when it suits them... makes a mockery of their "the truth matters" slogan. no way would they rustle a sacred cows feathers lest the real truth would out,lady Bourke of Balina has long tentacles, best leave her be and chase a few commoners... oh look over there>>>

The state broadcaster is very selective in its timing. I don't want to say anything much here, but you bet when a person has departed this world that RTÉ then very surely gets its tentacles in, as the de eased cannot sue.

Mod

Just to be clear to anybody who tunes into this thread on occasion, it is NOT intended that anybody should take anything posted in jest here in seriousness. We here too have encountered many obstacles in life and are only too aware of the grief we encounter. This is a light hearted thread thread, but of course may not be to everyone's taste. For anyone affected by items that are featured on Liveline please do not take anything that is posted here to heart, it is really intended for ourselves, or the producers etc to take stock of.

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148865e8e15d7f5657bfbbd7ac5072e8876de3503d578&rid=giphy.gif

Somebody suggested he might like to have a stamp imprinted in his honour ...

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148866665f4ed6175b48d82632240b3854a719fb88fd4&rid=giphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,301 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Will this befall our Joe?
    s66DHqR.png

zell12 wrote: »
    Will this befall our Joe?
    s66DHqR.png

“Nobody will say why?”

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I might write into the Irish Times and “Ask Roe” where her brother is so to speak....

For those of you who remember Eurotrash....here’s Belgium’s finest Eddy Wally doing an impression of a friend of the German buke publishing industry and dat:

Mod - for the time being no further comments about Eoghan McD. If actual new facts are printed in trusted mainstream media they can be posted, but if there is question of legal issues there should be no connected comment. Thanks for co-operation.

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488663685608416a277465519501c721af48803fd4cb&rid=giphy.gif

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488663685608416a277465519501c721af48803fd4cb&rid=giphy.gif

We live in hope.

We live in hope.

On de udder hand...

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886c17b786b3c8b2c9690dffda769b4783a3e2bcad7&rid=giphy.gif

On de udder hand...

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886c17b786b3c8b2c9690dffda769b4783a3e2bcad7&rid=giphy.gif

“Lobbin’ de gob ta keep de job”

Bucks Fizz, how our wurkin’ class host starts off his day so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Father Joseph Marmion. Priest criminal and pedo. Awful Evil.

More survivors of Marmion. Why was he buried in Jesuit plot?

Jesuits have taken a vow of silence as far as LL is concerned.

Tipp hurler attacked. Perp got off light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Quiet Monday

1) more fadder sneaky
    2) some hurler wants justice....HLM (hurlers Lives Mater).

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement