Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Anyone know if the CDMs for what if are upgrades by goals or clean sheet? That Lucas Leiva has me tempted to slowly put together a Liverpool past & present side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Anyone know if the CDMs for what if are upgrades by goals or clean sheet? That Lucas Leiva has me tempted to slowly put together a Liverpool past & present side.

Goals

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

On that guendouzi what if objective, Hertha have only scored 3 times in their last 9 matches so wouldn’t be banking on an upgrade.

The objectives itself aren’t that bad though so it can always be done for the 87 fodder with a small chance it increases to 89

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭dmigsy

I'd say the directional nutmeg is going to be patched next. Everyone is spamming it like crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Hogey007 wrote: »
    On that guendouzi what if objective, Hertha have only scored 3 times in their last 9 matches so wouldn’t be banking on an upgrade.

The objectives itself aren’t that bad though so it can always be done for the 87 fodder with a small chance it increases to 89

Did him fairly quickly last night. For those who haven’t started it, you can include one icon in the starting XI and as many as you like on the bench.

The win requirement is pretty low - 6 wins I think which is better than the 15 needed for the PL and Lique 1 Players, which I’m finding a grind in Managerial Masterpiece

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭BrentMused

The engine chem on puyol seems to have done the trick, the +5 boost in agility has improved him a lot, seems smoother to use, 2 assists in 2 games to, when he jumped in front of the striker and moved up field with the ball, thats what 97 interception does i suppose

2 games, 11 for, 2 against, Torres 7 goals, he is back, Tello 5 assists and 2 goals

Would you recommend him overall mate?

I've seen some favourable reviews on Reddit and although the (lack of) pace and agility frightens me, I've been using Vidic since the last set of icon swaps and find him absolutely fine.

I'm getting a bit bored of my current side so wouldn't mind trying out some new players, especially icons.

On the silver lounge I always use Shane long, one of the best things about fifa 21 is the way the commentator says “shannnne loooooong” when you shoot.

I really hope we get a boosted Shane long card for paddy’s day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Just done Kluivert on a whim. I hope he's good or else I've just burnt through my fodder & coins.

Lamposts wrote: »
    Just done Kluivert on a whim. I hope he's good or else I've just burnt through my fodder & coins.

Let me know how you find him as was thinking of doing him. Tried out his loan card last night, seems quite strong and has a good shot on him

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Highly recommend that Yuri Berchiche LB. Just over 100k for a 87 Spanish LB who has a good chance to go to 89. finally replaced Mendy.

• Advertisement

Feyenord scored 6 so what if Fer will be getting a +2 on Wednesday

Sbc still active if anyone hadn’t done it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Seriously jammy, got Prime Drogba in the latest What If SBC. Wasted on me, but he carves through defences. Rooney is going back to midfield!

Somehow managed to lose 7 in a row on champs. Must be some sort of record :D

Feyenord scored 6 so what if Fer will be getting a +2 on Wednesday

Sbc still active if anyone hadn’t done it yet

I did him but haven’t really used him. Thought he would replace Gravenberch but Grav has been too good to drop - the +2 upgrade might help though :)

Leverkusen won 1-0 today as well so does that mean Wendell will get +2 as well for the clean sheet?

Somehow managed to lose 7 in a row on champs. Must be some sort of record :D

Boulders8 wrote: »
    I did him but haven’t really used him. Thought he would replace Gravenberch but Grav has been too good to drop - the +2 upgrade might help though :)

Leverkusen won 1-0 today as well so does that mean Wendell will get +2 as well for the clean sheet?

Yep, Wendell get the +2, it’ll be updated Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Screenshot-20210306-201615-com-ea-gp-fifaultimate.jpg

Now that's a poor pick but I'm not surprised.

Costa or Pirlo? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Screenshot-20210306-201934-Companion.jpg

What a supersub

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

jayo26 wrote: »

What a supersub

Yeah was looking at the card during the week, 5*wf too.

Screenshot-20210306-201615-com-ea-gp-fifaultimate.jpg

Now that's a poor pick but I'm not surprised.

Costa or Pirlo? :D

Ouch, I’d probably take rui for links (bruno, cr7 etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Ouch, I’d probably take rui for links (bruno, cr7 etc)

take the highest rated, its going in an sbc sooner or later anyways :D

chips1234 wrote: »
    take the highest rated, its going in an sbc sooner or later anyways :D

:D true

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

BrentMused wrote: »
    Would you recommend him overall mate?

I've seen some favourable reviews on Reddit and although the (lack of) pace and agility frightens me, I've been using Vidic since the last set of icon swaps and find him absolutely fine.

I'm getting a bit bored of my current side so wouldn't mind trying out some new players, especially icons.

I dont like recommending players as each of us user differently, me probably not as good as most of ye, but i faced Rooney in my last 3 games, and he was my opponents favourite player and to be honest, i stopped him with Puyol, i like how he brings the ball forward to, i like him a lot after struggling early on with him, plus at 93ovr hes relatively cheap to do to

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭klose

If I get gulacsi one more ****ing time in a pack I swear

• Registered Users Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Man I loved Costa’s prime back in fifa 18. He really was a superb card.
    It’s farcical how much EA have ruined all these icons that don’t fit the game meta now.
    90% of the icons are basically useless.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

jayo26 wrote: »

What a supersub

Omg, he’s been killing me all weekend!!

Here’s me blind drunk opening some saved packs and I get this (tradeable)

Turing off ps nice before I list him for a stupid price :D
    Will see tomorrow if ican fit him in

7-C4-E6811-9766-4-BAD-977-F-48-F58479-DB9-E.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Let me know how you find him as was thinking of doing him. Tried out his loan card last night, seems quite strong and has a good shot on him

Depends on your play style. He's a fantastic finisher and his movement off the ball is top tier. If you like a target man there's none better. I'd compare him to CR7 a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Omg, he’s been killing me all weekend!!

he's crazy. I just came up against him and he ripped me apart. He's just laughing at he zips past toty Van Dijk and Varane ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Doing the eredivisie obj in friendlies, and jesus what is wrong with the gameplay this morning, Van Bergen cant out pace players with pace in the 70-75 range while in WL and Rivals he's ripping up players like Alba and Mendy

Advertisement