06-03-2021, 15:15   #331
Dempo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATC110 View Post
Has anyone received an email recently from MyWefare stating “You need to confirm your eligibility for Pandemic Unemployment Payment to continue to receive this payment“ ?
Yes me too
Advertisement
06-03-2021, 16:22   #332
beertons

HMod: TCH
Same here. I just had to say I wasn't back to work yet.
06-03-2021, 16:26   #333
Dempo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by beertons View Post
Same here. I just had to say I wasn't back to work yet.
It supposed to take 5 minutes, I click confirm address, went to second bit, just thought it was confirming T&C"s, clicked and completed, hope I've not messed it up, recieved 2nd email thanking me for confirming eligibility, if anything further required an officer will be in touch. Hopefully I've completed correctly.
06-03-2021, 21:36   #334
Carnmore

Was everyone just asked to confirm address on first page then sign the T&C on the second page?
06-03-2021, 21:52   #335
Dempo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnmore View Post
Was everyone just asked to confirm address on first page then sign the T&C on the second page?
I was, I actually thought I'd made an error, was expecting more questions but it seems that was it, I recieved a second email thanking me for confirming eligibility and if anything further required, an officer would be in touch. I checked back on last eligibility check around July, pretty much the same confirmation etc,
Advertisement
06-03-2021, 22:23   #336
budgese
Budgie Translator

Send a message via Skype™ to budgese
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnmore View Post
Yup here too.
Thanks from:
07-03-2021, 11:24   #337
mille100piedi

I have been asked to confirm that I am genuinely seeking work. I don't want to change my career, I was thinking PUP is a support for employer that are not able to open their business during the pandemic?
07-03-2021, 11:51   #338
Dempo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mille100piedi View Post
I have been asked to confirm that I am genuinely seeking work. I don't want to change my career, I was thinking PUP is a support for employer that are not able to open their business during the pandemic?
This condition was added as part of criteria, by default accept you are, if your an employee laid off, your in essence waiting to be called back, if your self employed your seeking work etc etc.

I presume this is on page 2? To be honest I just thought it was T&C, clicked and thought questions come next.

I wonder if I coukd ask a favor if you've not completed, any chance of a screen shot of that page? Maybe PM me, just curious as I didn't read it fully and once submitted, I can't reopen.
07-03-2021, 11:55   #339
mille100piedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dempo1 View Post
This condition was added as part of criteria, by default accept you are, if your an employee laid off, your in essence waiting to be called back, if your self employed your seeking work etc etc.

I presume this is on page 2? To be honest I just thought it was T&C, clicked and thought questions come next.

I wonder if I coukd ask a favor if you've not completed, any chance of a screen shot of that page? Maybe PM me, just curious as I didn't read it fully and once submitted, I can't reopen.
Unfortunately I have already submitted the form, I am sure the other time there was not such requirement. I was surprise about this
Thanks from:
Advertisement
07-03-2021, 12:01   #340
Dempo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mille100piedi View Post
Unfortunately I have already submitted the form, I am sure the other time there was not such requirement. I was surprise about this
No problem, yes I too quite surprised how little was required, thanks
07-03-2021, 12:07   #341
ari101

To be genuinely seeking work has been a PUP requirement since end July 2020.

However, clarified guidance issued late last year meaning, for people whose job is not permanently gone, there is no need to look for alternatives immediately:

"The new regulations state that a person will not be required to seek employment outside that occupation or employment for the period of 12 months after first claiming the Covid PUP where:

-a person’s opportunity to work in their normal occupation is temporarily limited and they have a reasonable expectation of returning to that occupation, or
-a person has a reasonable expectation of returning to their former employment,"

https://www.flac.ie/news/2020/12/10/...nuinely-seeki/
07-03-2021, 12:16   #342
Dempo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ari101 View Post
To be genuinely seeking work has been a PUP requirement since end July 2020.

However, clarified guidance issued late last year meaning, for people whose job is not permanently gone, there is no need to look for alternatives immediately:

"The new regulations state that a person will not be required to seek employment outside that occupation or employment for the period of 12 months after first claiming the Covid PUP where:

-a person’s opportunity to work in their normal occupation is temporarily limited and they have a reasonable expectation of returning to that occupation, or
-a person has a reasonable expectation of returning to their former employment,"

https://www.flac.ie/news/2020/12/10/...nuinely-seeki/
All correct but it's a yes or no answer and I'm not sure if it's been clarified.

Unfortunately I didn't read the 2nd page fully and carefully so unsure if it had seperate questions that had to be ticked or was it a number of questions with one accept all you click. I had big thumb syndrome
09-03-2021, 21:28   #343
Butterbear

Really great thread here. Delighted to discover.

Has anyone else appealed to the Social Welfare Appeals Office? My husband is a sole trader and his rate was cut to 300e in October. We appealed to PUP Rerate. They rejected it stating his 2019 net income didn't meet the threshold. He does not have any capital allowances, just regular tax-deductible expenses. So, we argued his gross income should have been taken into account, not his net. We appealed to the SW Appeals office on 10 December 2020.
1. Has anyone sucessfully argued the above (to PUP rerate team or SW Appeals Office)?
2. If you appealed to the SW Appeals Office how long did it take and were you sucessful?

Thanks all!

To add: we successfully had his rate reinstated in summer 2020 after filing his 2019 ITR. Lots of back and forth. This is so frustrating! He works in event production which will be one of the last industries to return so the PUP is important for him and the difference is large - about 2k.
09-03-2021, 21:29   #344
Butterbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgese View Post
Yup here too.
Yep.
10-03-2021, 12:28   #345
hatrickpatrick

Does anyone happen to know how capital gains interact with PUP eligibility? Apologies if this deserves its own thread, I imagine it's only relevant to self-employed people hence posting it in here, but will split it off into its own thread if ye advise as such.

Essentially, I've been on the PUP as a self-employed musician and freelance marketing agent since last March (Practically all of my income came from pub gigs and busking on the music front, and handing out flyers, surveys, promoting club nights at weekends, etc on the marketing front, all of which is obviously out until we're down to at least level two) and have had no issues confirming this with DSP.

I hopped on board the GameStop stock trading frenzy for the craic with some money I had had put aside last summer for the purposes of festival and gig tickets, around €500. That investment is now worth around €3,000 and looks set to continue increasing for at least the next couple of days.

What I'm a little concerned about is this: If and when I sell these shares, will any gains made count as "income" under the PUP and thereby result in a disqualification? I really only jumped on board as a means of screwing the system (the GameStop saga was primarily driven by a desire by the retail trading mob to screw over a short selling hedge fund by squatting on the shares they needed to buy back) and didn't actually consider it remotely likely that I'd be seeing any of this money back, I assumed the price would plummet after the squeeze and stay there, but considered it worthwhile from the ideological perspective. A front row seat to the collapse of a predatory hedge fund seemed a decent alternative to Electric Picnic

So does anyone happen to know, am I essentially locked in to holding these shares until such a time as their value decreases again below the threshold for bi-monthly earnings while retaining the PUP, which I believe is currently in the region of €900? Or are capital gains from buying and selling things treated separately from employment income in determining whether one remains eligible for the payment?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion