Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,633 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I would like to play Blood & Truth on the PS5. All I need now is a PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I would like to play Blood & Truth on the PS5. All I need now is a PS5.

I only played it on the OG PS4 but the step up on the PS5 is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

coolisin wrote: »
    I only played it on the OG PS4 but the step up on the PS5 is amazing.

I bought it on release day and still haven't played it. I may install it on the ps5 tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭kerplun k

That’s fantastic news. I thought Sony abandoned VR. Great to see they are committed to it. They should definitely look into cutting the cord.

Six games being announced today!

Starting with Doom 3 VR sweet!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Six games being announced today!

Starting with Doom 3 VR sweet!!!

Cool, I wonder how well it will play compared to Dr Beef's version on Quest

Also hopefully has Aim support!

EDIT: Yes ... yes it does! Ha, might need to rebuy this again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

mrcheez wrote: »
    Cool, I wonder how well it will play compared to Dr Beef's version on Quest

Also hopefully has Aim support!

EDIT: Yes ... yes it does! Ha, might need to rebuy this again :D

Was just gonna post this.... Doom 3: VR Edition, complete with Aim Controller support, is coming to PlayStation VR on March 29

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Fracked looks great too!

Looks to be a swinging arm move mechanic like Sprint Vector

Yeah the two other games look good one looks very like the Long Dark survival style game.
    EDIT: Song and smoke!!! Couldn't remember the name of the just announced game :D
    As for Fracked looks like it could be goof nice mix of action and maybe silliness.

Today is a good day.

• Advertisement

I must get the aim controller sometime so I can play Farpoint.

I must get the aim controller sometime so I can play Farpoint.

I'm sorry you don't have one!!!!
    I'm disappointed!!
    It's such a great controller makes firewall and farpoint so much better!
    Don't forget doom/crisisVRgrade/borderlands

Doom VFR with the Aim controller is one of my favourite games on the platform... it got a bum rap I reckon

Also once you unlock all the classic Doom levels they feel great with the Aim controller

Doom with the Aim has a hand/gun just sitting in mid air right, think this bothered people as it messed with immersion.
    But its great. I've actually barely played it!

Doom with the Aim has a hand/gun just sitting in mid air right, think this bothered people as it messed with immersion.

I always thought of this as being like a helmet-mounted cannon, so it would always be in one part of the view... never really bothered me

Is Box VR any good?

Is Box VR any good?

For fitness? Yeah it's pretty amazing... used it back in April/May last year during initial lockdown before I moved onto Thrill of the Fight on Quest

Just be ready to wipe down the headset with a towel after as water is probably not the best thing to get inside the headset

For fitness? Yeah it's pretty amazing... used it back in April/May last year during initial lockdown before I moved onto Thrill of the Fight on Quest

Just be ready to wipe down the headset with a towel after as water is probably not the best thing to get inside the headset
    Cool. I'll stop by the PlayStation Store l8r to download it.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

After my own experience with Box Vr I would recommend removing the rubber part of the PSVR headset after few days and giving it a proper wash/soak in warm water. :) It's easily done and quite necessary. Box VR can get pretty sweaty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,804 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'd also recommend to not think you can do more than you can. Went hell for leather one day on it, sore for a week afterwards.

• Advertisement

l'll slip into shorts and flippy floppys while playing it to keep me cool so. Might as well go shirtless too :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,804 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I will admit to nekkid Beat Saber a couple of times. Gets that bit harder with 3 wands!

Jaysus this thread went places :D

l'll slip into shorts and flippy floppys while playing it to keep me cool so. Might as well go shirtless too :o

Wear a bandana to absorb majority of sweat though your face itself will still sweat...but it should be more manageable.

Baby wipes are great for cleaning it after.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

I'd also recommend to not think you can do more than you can. Went hell for leather one day on it, sore for a week afterwards.
    100%. I played Box VR loads the weekend i got and then I spent the following week walking around like a wounded T-Rex

What ye reckon price will be for Doom 3? 20-25 it's day one for me, if in the 30s I might hang on for a drop

I don't have the guts to play Doom in VR.

What ye reckon price will be for Doom 3? 20-25 it's day one for me, if in the 30s I might hang on for a drop

Apparently there was a preorder leaked on Gamestop in the US with a price of $19.99, so hopefully digital will also be €19.99 here!

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1369667237162881026

EDIT... actually I see it on game.co.uk too

https://www.game.co.uk/en/doom-3-vr-2851571

and https://www.thegamecollection.net/doom-3-vr-edition-ps4-psvr?tduid=04d83c02809223a94df15ac76b616c1b

Actually I might be tempted to get the physical

Wow nice couple of free VR games coming up.
    Thumper, Rez infinite, Moss, Paper beasts, Astrobot.

Non VR getting Horizon Complete edition is really cool.

• Advertisement

aye... I already own most of em, but excited to try Paper Beasts

Advertisement