Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dead battery.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

H_Lime wrote: »
    Speaking generally on the subject its worthwhile fitting a voltmeter to any bike.
    If numbers mean nothing to you then this is pretty foolproof and cheap

http://sparkbright.co.uk/battery-voltage-monitors.php

I use an argus battery bug which shows real-time voltage and % cca loss from start to start graphically. It sounds an audible bleep when the battery has a couple starts left in her. A real bacon saver.

I got onto them. Going to order one. Seems invaluable for any bike ill have as it pin points charging trouble fast.

Bright spark volt meters arrived. I thought they would have come with a ring terminal to connected direct to the battery. I can sort this myself if need be.

I was just wondering if I could just wire them to this fusebox I installed yonks ago? https://easternbeaver.com/Main/Wiring_Kits/Fuseboxes/PC-8/pc-8.html

Electrical connections instructions are as follows

• Registered Users Posts: 33,823 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I am so not going to click on a link called "eastern beaver" on a work pc :pac:

Does that circuit go off with the ignition?

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭goblin59

haha, If i hadn't heard of them before on another forum I'd be cautious too.
    They're accessory breakout boxes

Yeah it's a fuse panel. I currently have my heated grips and auxiliary lights wired to them.

• Advertisement

Took a chance and wired it to the fuse panel. Seems to be working fine. Ill leave it as is unless someone knows a reason not to wire it this way.

It has 6 switched live and 2 unswitched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Love the Eastern beaver kit, have a switchable loom on one of the dr's from him.
    You could measure the voltage there vs at the battery terminals to see if there's a drop, should be marginal so I'd rock on as you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

Dunno if it's still a thing but years ago you could get sprays intended to coat car ignition leads to keep damp out.

Damp start
    https://ardauto.ie/p/lubricant_holts_damp_start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Anyone get caught for customs charges from EBeaver? Have we free trade deals with Japan?

Cable-tie a short piece of bicycle tube over the R/R connectors. Not the whole unit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Ballistol make some sealant as well. It is actually a physical barrier not just an oil.
    I still have a can of that Damp start somewhere, its just a light oil.
    https://www.ballistol-shop.de/Seal-Film-Spray-and-Insulating-Spray-200-ml_B-S_240.html

• Registered Users Posts: 33,572 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Anyone get caught for customs charges from EBeaver? Have we free trade deals with Japan?

Cable-tie a short piece of bicycle tube over the R/R connectors. Not the whole unit!

Got some eb headlamp wiring relays before I don't recall any additional fees tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 33,823 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

H_Lime wrote: »
    Love the Eastern beaver

:cool:
    CJhaughey wrote: »
    Ballistol make some sealant as well. It is actually a physical barrier not just an oil.
    I still have a can of that Damp start somewhere, its just a light oil.
    https://www.ballistol-shop.de/Seal-Film-Spray-and-Insulating-Spray-200-ml_B-S_240.html

Yeah there was one to displace moisture to get you started, but there was another one which formed a kind of rubbery film intended to prevent you getting into trouble (;)) . Desperate measures in a damp climate in the days when many cars still didn't have electronic ignition!

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭H_Lime

:cool:

Yeah there was one to displace moisture to get you started, but there was another one which formed a kind of rubbery film intended to prevent you getting into trouble (;)) . Desperate measures in a damp climate in the days when many cars still didn't have electronic ignition!

Lolz:D you've a duuurty mind Eoin.

Advertisement