Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smells you love

Comments

The smell of a turkey cooking in the oven on Christmas is one I'll always hold dearly. The Mother always did it from Christmas Eve and I've such fond memories triggered by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,999 ✭✭✭✭looksee

New sawn timber
    Petrichor
    Cut grass
    Sun dried laundry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 NanaBob22

Damp graveyards.
    New Socks.
    Creosote.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭ClydeTallyBump

Jasmine incense cones and that fresh rain smell after a humid day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

spurious wrote: »
    Haven't smelled it in probably 40 years, but was always very fond of the smell of the 'Flying Dragon (Horse?)' crayons Hector Grey used to sell.

Wasn't it a giraffe? Good petroleum smell. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Petrol
    Petrichor
    Industrial plastic packaging
    Firelighters
    Wild rose/Rose geranium (that Turkish Delight scent)
    New babies (specifically their skin and hair)
    Coty L'aimant perfume (ironically my husband absolutely adores the smell too, but had never smelled it before he met me)
    Freshly-cooked steak with hot pepper sauce on it.

I wonder if there's a reason so many people are actively drawn to those chemical/petrol/flammable smells?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Firelighters is a good one, I love the smell of a BBQ and freshly cut grass too.

Loughc wrote: »
    Firelighters is a good one, I love the smell of a BBQ and freshly cut grass too.

Love freshly cut grass too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 RLF71

Honeysuckle and a nice musk perfume on a woman.

RLF71 wrote: »
    Honeysuckle and a nice musk perfume on a woman.

I used to love the smell of honeysuckle! It is years since I smelled it. I wish you could google smells.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭hgfj

Napalm in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 8 EasterSheep

The smell of a freshly made cheese pizza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭neutral guy

Smell of sea which leave salt on lips
    Smell of pine in a forest and smell of real Cristmas tree
    Smell of hot tarmac in airport in Portugal and kerosine in airport
    Smell of rain from wet tarmac after rain storm at hot summer
    Most favorite is the smell of snow and winter wind

Buttery toast

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Buttery toast

There's nothing like the smell of Buttery toast to make you want to have toast.

Same with fresh popcorn in the cinemas.

Loughc wrote: »
    There's nothing like the smell of Buttery toast to make you want to have toast.

Same with fresh popcorn in the cinemas.

I used to wonder did they pump out the smell of popcorn to get people to go into the cinema, it's hard to resist!

I used to wonder did they pump out the smell of popcorn to get people to go into the cinema, it's hard to resist!

They always make sure fresh popcorn is on the go and they do it to make you buy the popcorn. And it’s a fact. I used to work in a cinema :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Marigolds.. ie calendula. Not a sweet scent ; spicy and very individual,.

Smell of pulled pork or Lamb in a slow cooker.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Freshly brewed ground coffee, flowers and fresh sea air!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Imagine visiting your grandma. Smell of freshly cut grass in the garden. You open the door, and the wooden floor smells of old-style beeswax. You step in the kitchen and you smell freshly baked scones. You sit down by the fire and the smell of turf hits you. Here comes a fresh pot of tea. That works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I love the smell of freshly baked scones and bread!:o:D:):cool::P

• Registered Users Posts: 51,368 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Rashers frying.

When I go outside on a cold October day and can smell the freshness, I breathe it in deep :)

Sunscreen :cool:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

On my cycle to work there is a small biofuel station. The smell of the wood chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Walking the highways and by-ways this time of year I stop to inhale the coconut / vanilla scent of the Gorse bush. It is especially fragrant when the sun has warmed it up a little.

I got a new candle today and it's a combination of my favourite smells: black coffee, jasmine, and vanilla :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The smell of Autumn on the air, it's like freshly cut grass mixed with a cool breeze and something else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭sporina

the smell thats produced with angle grinding/welding.. hmmm

Advertisement