Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Requesting a different artist

• 01-09-2020 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was hoping someone could educate me on etiquette here. I am booking an appointment for a memorial tattoo with some script for the start/mid November. I have had a parlour in mind for quite a while now, only whilst the booking isn't confirmed yet, they have given me an idea of the artist.
    I'm not a massive fan of theirs. Looking at their portfolio, it's pretty touch and go in terms of quality, with some decent stuff and some very poor stuff. Whilst this tattoo shouldn't be too complicated, it is a direct copy of something I have, and I would be devastated if they got it wrong. They're definitely the weakest artist in there, and possibly one of the weakest I've seen in a while (I've another tattoo lined up and have been researching).

Would it be terrible to ask not to have that artist, or should I just find another parlour? Is there a polite way of asking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You're not booking the studio, you're booking the artist that you want to do your tattoo.

Ask for whoever you want to do your tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Star Lord wrote: »
    You're not booking the studio, you're booking the artist that you want to do your tattoo.

Ask for whoever you want to do your tattoo.

Ah okay, as they had suggested this particular artist, I wasn't sure if it would be acceptable to request someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

100% book the artist you want

Advertisement