Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City - How to get on this show

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 When_ya_go_down

i would LOVE an acting or singing job, i am too young to enter thhe xfactor but i hate school i am not stupid i just have no interest in it. I dont want to tell family because they would laugh, i am very dedicated and hard working when i want something. i have a few
    dvds of me in shows acting and singing i dont know how good they are! PLEASE Help xx:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 odbod

Forget about star search stuff, if you really want to be a professional, it will help later on but for now just concentrate on training and experience, if you want to do it for the rest of your life. that kind of success in talent search shows is fleeting. you have to love what you do and be prepared to change your definition of success, as its really competitive (there's always someone better than you out there, no matter how hard you work and how lucky you are) and you have to be prepared never to earn a huge amount of money even though it looks like all those supposedly successful people on x factor do, you would be surprised how little they earn at the start before they fade into peoples distant memory after a couple of years. westlife were paid a wage for the first few years something like 25 k a year for the first few years, now they earn alot because of endorsements and live shows. Be patient, work hard and explore what you really want, artistically, the rest is luck, so just love it.

In terms of fair city, some people obviously get paid quite well, others not so much, they have a very tight turn around on shows, as they have a lack of directors, so it doesn't always end up being the best product, but there are some fantastic actors up in fair city in my experience, (theatre and film and tv are all completely different mediums and you cant really compare them. ) as far as i am aware for studio scenes, like in the pub or whatever, you have 3 camera, wide/mid/close up all shooting at the same time all from different angles, you often have only 2 takes to get the shot, so you have to hit yer marks bang on and quick. you only have little or no rehearsals and possible a cast reading when you get the script at the start of the week so its really hard to get it right and you might say well that's you're job but its not a job for the faint hearted as its technically quite demanding as far as im aware anyway, i haven't worked on fair city yet but would love the paid work and the opportunity to perform.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Brendan86_

hey new to this so dont know if i writing this or will it be recieved but i real big fan of the show and watch it all the time as i believe in supporting your own but would really like to know how would ya become an extra on the show for example being proped up at the bar having a beer or floating into phelans for a nice wee bar a choclate..? appreciated if ya can get back to me on this if this message is recieved.. thank you.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Brendan86_ wrote: »
    hey new to this so dont know if i writing this or will it be recieved but i real big fan of the show and watch it all the time as i believe in supporting your own but would really like to know how would ya become an extra on the show for example being proped up at the bar having a beer or floating into phelans for a nice wee bar a choclate..? appreciated if ya can get back to me on this if this message is recieved.. thank you.

http://www.movieextras.ie/index.html

These guys do all the extra casting for Fair City.

Advertisement