Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aritech CS350 Alarm - Low Battery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shaydy

Seriously impressed (and grateful) by this response! Many many thanks it couldnt be clearer.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your welcome.
    Any problem you know where to come.:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Moved to HSS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

I bought a PS-1270 battery off ebay and the seller has come back to say its out of stock. He's offered a refund, or PS-12120 (which is same height and width but is 98mm in depth and the 1270 is only 65mm so probably won't fit in mainboards box which I'll have to measure) or lastly a "Yuasa Y7 7ah c20" which is the same specifications as the 1270 but is a different brand.

Anyone got a recommendation? Or if I could get a PS-1270 locally (I'm in Dublin 5 and work in Sandyford) for a good price and sells to public, I could just take the refund and get it myself. That way I don't have to wait on delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,637 ✭✭✭✭altor

A 12v 7 ah battery is common enough to by locally. Check out here for suppliers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MrFlibble

I have a similar issue to Shaydy, (so far no alarm sounding) I am happy enough to replace the fuses however do I need to switch the power off before hand and disconnect the battery?

Sorry I know I 'm being a bit dumb

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes,It is advisible to turn off the mains power before opening the panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MrFlibble

Thanks Koolkid

I figured it was but you never know.

I have now noticed that all of the PIR's have died, I am asuming this is linked but am I right in thinking this is likely to be the F2 fuse. I am asuming that if it were the mains or the battery fuse the keypad would show as mains fault or battery fault or do I assume too much.

Also can anyone give me an indication of how long the battery would last if it is the mains fuse that has gone.

If the battery is dead or disconnected & you turn off the mains the PiRs will die also.
    After you replace the battery & reapply the mains then chase the fuse fault if one still exists.
    The battery should hold the system up for 24 hours with up to 4 activations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

I was changing the battery on my cs350 the other night and something went wrong. I turned off mains power, opened the box at which point the tamper went off, grand so far. However when I went to turn off the alarm the panel flashed 'bad eprom' and went blank. Any ideas? I replaced fuses this morning, well f2,3 and f4 but nothing.

• Advertisement

Power it down totally. Turn off the mains & remove the battery. After a minute power it up on the mains first. If the fault is clear then replace the battery.
    Remember there is now live mains on the open panel.
    Close up the panel & disarm if necessary .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

done, I get the alarms but no power in the keypad, would I be right in thinking a new board is needed?

Don't give up just yet.
    Do you have a multi meter?
    If so check are you getting 12vdc from the A B terminals at the keypad.
    If not check the RKP Fuse.(F4)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

I have a similar problem and was gratefully pointed towards this thread.

Battery went dead in the house alarm so bought a new 12v one and the alarm is working and all but panel is reading Mains fault.

Rang sharp security and they want 300 euro to come out and fix it.

Anything i can do myself to fix the panel and have the alarm working properly again?

Thanks for any replies

€ 300 for a mains fault.???
    Are they wanting to change the panel before they even look at it?
    Check the trip switches and the mains fuse feeding the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

koolkid wrote: »
    € 300 for a mains fault.???
    Are they wanting to change the panel before they even look at it?
    Check the trip switches and the mains fuse feeding the panel.

thanks for the tip.Didnt fancy paying 300 quid

You welcome. Its places quoting like that that gives others a bad image.
    Did you get it sorted.?

raven136 wrote: »
    I have a similar problem and was gratefully pointed towards this thread.

Battery went dead in the house alarm so bought a new 12v one and the alarm is working and all but panel is reading Mains fault.

Rang sharp security and they want 300 euro to come out and fix it.

Anything i can do myself to fix the panel and have the alarm working properly again?

Thanks for any replies

WOW that is some call out fee :eek:

If you have a meter can you check if there is any mains going to the panel ?
    There is a fuse in the control panel where the mains goes in that could of blown. It could also be a problem with the transformer in the panel if there is no problem with trip switches or fuses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Daggi

Hi, I am just very new here, I couldn´t find the button "New Thread".

Can anybody, please, tell me where is the battery located? I took off the plastic cover of the alarm and I don´t see the battery. And it is not on the other side of the electronic desk either.

Thanks very much for your reply.

:)

The battery is contained in the control panel that all the cables go back too, not the keypad.

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    The battery is contained in the control panel that all the cables go back too, not the keypad.

Hi Altor,

I did opened it, but I still can´t see the battery. Can you, please, show me somehow or describe how does it look like. I´m attaching the photo.

Thanks very much!

As Altor said in his previous post. The battery is contained in the control panel, not the keypad. The picture you attached is of the keypad.
    The control panel will be a larger box possibly located in a hot press, a utility room or up beside the fuse board.

As Altor said in his previous post. The battery is contained in the control panel, not the keypad. The picture you attached is of the keypad.
    The control panel will be a larger box possibly located in a hot press, a utility room or up beside the fuse board.

Thank you very much Koolkid,

I have found that box. But as it is already too late, I´ll look at it tomorrow.

Thanks again for your help. Have a very Merry Christmas and let´s have a Better new year.
    ;)

Ok.
    All the best to you too.
    If you need any more help with it let me know.

Daggi wrote: »
    Hi Altor,

I did opened it, but I still can´t see the battery. Can you, please, show me somehow or describe how does it look like. I´m attaching the photo.

Thanks very much!

Good to see you found the control panel, the battery you will need is either a 12V 3.2Amp or 12V 7.2Amp. The 12V 7.2Amp one is the one I would recommend you install. If you looking for one, check out the suppliers list here.

Ok.
    All the best to you too.
    If you need any more help with it let me know.

Thanks to both of you - Altor and Koolkid,

I have exchanged the battery and the alarm is working as before.
    Lucklily I didn´t need to do any reset of the system.

Thanks again and have a Lovely Christmas and All the Best in new year.

;)

Good to see you found the control panel, the battery you will need is either a 12V 3.2Amp or 12V 7.2Amp. The 12V 7.2Amp one is the one I would recommend you install. If you looking for one, check out the suppliers list here.

Thanks to both of you - Altor and Koolkid,

I have exchanged the battery and the alarm is working as before.
    Lucklily I didn´t need to do any reset of the system.

Thanks again and have a Lovely Christmas and All the Best in new year.

wink.gif

Good to see you got it sorted, if you have any more problems you know where we are.

Merry Christmas :D

Good to see you got it sorted, if you have any more problems you know where we are.

Merry Christmas :D

Cheers!!!
    Will give you a buzz if anything will come up.... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lunty

Re the enclosed - have the low battery indicator on my alarm panel - not particularly DIY minded, but the instructions seem simple enough.

Will try and source a battery locally - wont have chance to open up the alarm panel in the light before the weekend - to check on battery size / dimensions etc

There are different spec batteries mention - all 12v - but some mentioned 2.8Amph / some 7.2 - which is correct

Without seeing the battery - I want to be sure to see if i am getting the correct one - does anyone know the approx dimensions?

Also I dont have the engineers code - will i need this at any point? I dont want to get half way through and encounter a problem

Advertisement