Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

EA UFC 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,334 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Finally some concrete news, still play UFC 3 a few times a week but it’ll be nice to have a next gen (presumably?) MMA game to look forward to. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Nice edit Zero, for a minute I thought I'd gone back in time 15 years :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ASOT wrote: »
    Nice edit Zero, for a minute I thought I'd gone back in time 15 years :pac:

New ufc game on the ps1 :)

This reveal will be interesting. Some rumours that not much has changed and the focus is on ultimate team with lots more customisation. If the previous survey is anything to go by, we could be seeing vampires and werewolves in the octagon. Saying that, i always tried to make superheroes in there.

I can't wait to see and play it but my hype is fairly average atm. I'd say it will be a current gen game as well. It's the last game on the ea contract, i doubt they would risk building a new game only for ufc to not renew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭xtal191

He shouldn't want any of his fighters on the cover, its cursed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

xtal191 wrote: »

We can get him on a wheeties box instead if he wants.

xtal191 wrote: »

Looks like it's Masvidal after he wasn't happy with Ali after that tweet apparently. Rumour is Izzy is the other fighter.

I was fully sure they'd have to have Conor on the front to shift a few copies but would great if he could avoid the curse.

Tyson Fury is a fairly sure bet to be in the game and rumour that Anthony Joshua is in as well. Wouldn't be surprised if they had a boxing mode to please the people wanting Fight Night.

Some leaks apparently. Backyard brawls looks awesome but some of this quality is shocking. Izzy and Jorge are weird choices for the cover. If career does start with backyard brawls, then i can see Jorge being like a mentor.

Also the Zuffa logo mentions Pride, Strikeforce and DW contender series as well as WFA. Sounds like you'll have a few different options in career mode.

The pic of Izzy in Muay Thai gear looks class.

Edit: an EA game changer said he can't say much but you should lower your expectations from that as zuffa logo. Sounds like maybe pride and Strikeforce might not be payable, maybe just mentioned. Anyway will see.

What has been confirmed Is the synopsis that "no matter what mode you play, the experience revolves around YOU as you customise your player". Sounds like a previous leak that you make a character and constantly building him through different modes with a deep level of customisation.

https://twitter.com/Mad_Dog_7754/status/1280501650332045317?s=19

• Advertisement

Reveal video below kicking off Saturday 4pm Irish time so no actual reveal during the ppv but I'm sure they'll Replay the video below.

Sneak peak of the trailer Saturday, looks to confirm the backyard brawls and underground muay thai like setting. These better be payable.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSUFC/status/1281257089659211777?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭xtal191

Lot to digest with that looking good!

Fury and Joshua confirmed at the end too, probably just a pre-order bonus but it’d be nice to see them do something more with the boxing angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Whatever about the actual game, that is a class trailer!!

A bit disappointed to read that Ultimate Team has been removed, it was actually the mode that kept me coming back given that it tied in with the Live Event competitions.

It didn’t seem very popular with most though so I’m not surprised they’ve axed it. As long as the gameplay is as good as 3 or better, that’s all that matters. Hopefully the ground game is as good as they’re claiming.

Very weird they got rid of ultimate team as I'm sure their new career mode might be better than previous but i can't see it having lots of replability. Glad Rogan is gone!

Disappointing no mention of a coach mode either. Franchise badly needs a manager mode imo.

Aug 14 release date is very close so at least there's that!

Wow, didn’t even notice the release date. Now I’m more excited. :)

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Wow, didn’t even notice the release date. Now I’m more excited. :)

EA Access free trial on 7th August, hopefully that includes a 10% discount as well.

Edit: ea Access discount confirmed, 63 euro to preorder and get Joshua, Fury and backyard and kumite customisation items.

The cover is shyte, looks like a bad fanmade photoshop job. Seeing the amount of comments saying they are glad ultimate team is gone is weird. I think people had it in their head that because you could spend real money, it was pay to win but the card packs never have anything good, would be mad to spend money on them.

Anyway, looking forward to some backyard fights with ye on here.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSUFC/status/1281966619158294533?s=19

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The cover is shyte, looks like a bad fanmade photoshop job. Seeing the amount of comments saying they are glad ultimate team is gone is weird. I think people had it in their head that because you could spend real money, it was pay to win but the card packs never have anything good, would be mad to spend money on them.

Anyway, looking forward to some backyard fights with ye on here.

I ended up with a good few 5-star fighters loaded with the best moves, stats and perks you could ask for, simply by playing the game a few times a week since it came out and not spending a penny in the process.

You definitely didn’t need to spend money to get plenty out of that mode, and anyone that did honestly just wasted it. It’s probably the only UT mode I’ve played where every item is hugely accessible if you’re willing to put some time in. I hope UFC 4 rewards the players in a similar way.

martyos121 wrote: »
    I ended up with a good few 5-star fighters loaded with the best moves, stats and perks you could ask for, simply by playing the game a few times a week since it came out and not spending a penny in the process.

You definitely didn’t need to spend money to get plenty out of that mode, and anyone that did honestly just wasted it. It’s probably the only UT mode I’ve played where every item is hugely accessible if you’re willing to put some time in. I hope UFC 4 rewards the players in a similar way.

The whole "it's replaced by a different reward system where you have a player card and can level it up" that sounds Bollox to me. I'd prefer ultimate team to a player card i have no interest in leveling up.

The khabib chain wrestling looked slick, can't wait to try out that and the new sub system. Beta should be going out soon surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Bollox that they're bringing Fury and AJ in just do a boxing game ffs.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Bollox that they're bringing Fury and AJ in just do a boxing game ffs.

Most likely to appease people who keep asking for a fight night game but that will never happen once ea has the ufc contract. Saying that, this is the last game on the contract so let's see if they get renewed.

Looking forward to the Venum update in march :)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

If the stand up remains largely the same as 3 by being sluggish and having to preload combos like Mortal Kombat or something, it'll be a no from me. Shame because I absolutely love 2 and still play it a fair bit.

I read there is a menu added to UFC 3 that lets you preorder 4 with a 10% discount. I also read it stacks with ea Access for 20% off total. I won't be able to try it until later but that would be some deal.

UFC 251 spoiler, don't read if you don't want the outcome of the main event.
    cover curse strikes again, Izzy is next to lose

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Most likely to appease people who keep asking for a fight night game but that will never happen once ea has the ufc contract. Saying that, this is the last game on the contract so let's see if they get renewed.

Looking forward to the Venum update in march :)

They had Frost and Bishop in UFC3 so it's the same sort of thing again, although I wouldn't say its to appease people as such..its clearly a marketing strategy to try gain some fans and sales by giving boxing fans (and fight night fans) a reason to buy the game when there is no boxing alternative.

I'm hoping they don't get renewed for a new contract, it would be good to see the series get a fresh start now moving on to the next-gen consoles and a different approach to gameplay etc. After 4 iterations from EA it would just turn into their regular reskin and recycle that happens with the majority of their sports games and ends up usually being all smoke and mirrors for a game with very little tweaks. If Ultimate team turned into the cash cow that it is in FIFA then they wouldn't change a thing between 3 and 4. I'm still not expecting huge improvements in 4 but I am kind of glad they removed UT as it means there is some pressure on them to deliver improvements and tweaks elsewhere to balance it out. Hopefully a lot of that went into career mode as it has always been the biggest let down for me.

Advertisement