Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC248: Adesanya v Romero

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

What a fight, the intensity from start to finish was incredible. Very hard to call and either way they need to run it back...they should actually just fight every 3 months if it would be like this every time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PyreOfHellfire

Amazing stuff. Zhang has it for me, I mean Joanna looks like the elephant man ffs..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Think Joanna will get the nod from the judges but no idea how to separate them. Holy sh*t that was epic

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

When a fight is that close its very hard to dethrone a champ..this translator needs a slap though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Rogan to the interpreter: "Get it together bro" lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

What a f*** fight. Lost my bet with joanna losing but man that was hard to call. An absolute epic

If this fight is even half the fight the women's one was we are in for some scrap

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭al87987

Gave 1,2 and 5 to Weili. Incredible fight. My brother put a grand on Weili. Made him sweat

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

I had it 3-2 Weili on first viewing. Immense fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Not watching but just saw pictures of Joanna and honestly thought it was photo shopped at first

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭str8talkingguy

Kinda go along with Joanna about the swelling she said she could feel it was affecting her,coz just at that point she seemed to be finding her timing and taking over the fight or maybe i'm just sick about my quadruple that was up if Joanna won here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭Still Ill

What was that?

Still Ill wrote: »
    What was that?

A 42 year old tank wasting little or no energy..smart by him but boring to watch

Izzy looks frozen. Afraid of his explosive power.

Reminds me of that Ngannou Lewis fight.

Yoel saving the tank for 4 rounds, time to unleash if he wants that belt

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Have it all square going into this round.

Hopefully Yoel does some mad ****

ASOT wrote: »
    Have it all square going into this round.

Hopefully Yoel does some mad ****

I have Izzy winning easy enough,its a bit Floyd Mayweather esque but hes effectively neutralizing Yoel and picking him apart.

A fight almost broke out there after the bell!

That fight was brutal.

Kiefer got deducted a point at bellator two weeks ago for the middle finger Izzy is lucky at the end there.

• Advertisement

Yeah it was pretty poor all said wasn't it,Izzy was very hesitant the whole fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

**** staying up for that ****e.

Its like I said in the last fight, you have to do more to dethrone the champ. Yoel doing pushups after the fight saying he’s not tired, if thats the case he should have put that energy into going for it the entire last round.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Have seen better fights at weigh in's.

'I'm fresh I can go another 5 rounds' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Izzy is corny. Hopefully Costa will put it up to him.

Axwell wrote: »
    Its like I said in the last fight, you have to do more to dethrone the champ. Yoel doing pushups after the fight saying he’s not tired, if thats the case he should have put that energy into going for it the entire last round.

100% , it was a weird fight from both of them.

Izzys a bit of an arsehole however by the way he Carry's on.

Costa/Izzy will be interesting.

Yeah i can't blame Izzys hes the champion and Yoel just stood too waiting to Counter,he done the right thing to get the win.

What's Yoel on about now? He's more culpable for this than Izzy! Izzy's of course not blameless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PyreOfHellfire

Fight of the year followed by disappointment of the year. Must be an omen, Ferguson is gonna get injured next week..

Edit: stole this from twitter.
    Romero-Adesanya would've only needed 143 more rounds to match Joanna-Zhang's output.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Thank f*** the women’s fight was class

Advertisement