Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IndyCar 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,942 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I would hate to be in America watch that with the amount of ad breaks sometimes not even a minutes between adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

I would hate to be in America watch that with the amount of ad breaks sometimes not even a minutes between adverts

Was really surprised when I watched the Chinese Grand Prix on ESPN 2 over there last year, expected it to be ridiculous but there was just the full uninterrupted Sky coverage. Could you imagine nowadays if they cut from the F1 to tell you about some new X Factor judge...

Actually, given how the last few F1 races have panned out, it probably wouldn't matter that much! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,942 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Was really surprised when I watched the Chinese Grand Prix on ESPN 2 over there last year, expected it to be ridiculous but there was just the full uninterrupted Sky coverage. Could you imagine nowadays if they cut from the F1 to tell you about some new X Factor judge...

Actually, given how the last few F1 races have panned out, it probably wouldn't matter that much! :)

I wonder since Sky are pulling the NBC coverage that is like ITV so maybe that is why there is adverts of wonder if the full race without adverts is on like NBC Sports or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,608 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Massive shunt, going to be a long caution period to clean this up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Cool_CM wrote: »

It's sponsored so there's no ads.

Big crash. Big impact for Sea Bass and Veach.

• Advertisement

Great job avoiding the crash by Hinch and Ferrucci (the little racist prick).

The entire presentation is a shilling masterclass, constantly shoving another brand name down your throat. On the plus side, the racing is really good. Still anyone's race to win

Should be a good, straight run to the end. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

How long before we fire up for the dash to the flag?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

skipper_G wrote: »
    The entire presentation is a shilling masterclass, constantly shoving another brand name down your throat. On the plus side, the racing is really good. Still anyone's race to win

Thankfully I'm immune to such advertising*.

* This comment is brought to you by Firestone, keeping my backside stuck to my seat.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,616 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Nice golf course in the circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,616 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

The Corvette pace car is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    The Corvette pace car is lovely.

Be even nicer parked up behind the pits

Is Ferruci the guy who had problems with the Indian? driver in gp3?

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Is Ferruci the guy who had problems with the Indian? driver in gp3?

Yes

Yes

How is he at this level

Disgraceful

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    How is he at this level

Disgraceful

Money. Which he wasn't great at paying when in Europe.

Looks like a 13 lap dash to the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,476 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Here we go and this is gonna be crazy.

Now this is racing

Pagenaud always looked like he had the pace to get back past him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

What a race

Fantastic finish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jelutong

Conor Daly 10th. Not bad.

That's as awesome as it gets in Motorsports. Gotta feel for Rossi but Pagenaud was also incredible.

Now that's racing! What a ****ing move to take the win!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

That was class!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Great shootout at the end there, deserved win for Pagenaud, epic finish to an excellent race.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

The race had a bit of everything in it. Fair play to Pagenaud. Deserved win and a great challenge from Rossi. And a mention for Sato's move into the corner.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,096 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Will be tuning into Indy car a lot more. Epic stuff.

• Advertisement

I watch every race and it's entertaining but the Indianapolis 500 is a special race, best Motorsport race in the world imo, and just don't be expecting it to be as good as that.

Advertisement