Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Michael Schumacher Suffers Serious Head Injury

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Amazing competitor and one of the all time great sportsmen.
    Hopes he pulls through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Myrddin wrote: »
    It's all attention seeking, immature, w@nkology {apologies to the mods, but jeez, people can be sickening at times}.

Fingers crossed here

If that makes one feel better then fine, reality is there are people who do not fit into any excuse.

It's up to the hospital, it's capabilities, it's theater equipment, nursing staff, anesthetists, doctors, consultants and surgeons.

AND their ability and motivation.

My thoughts to guide the surgeons hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Red Nissan wrote: »
    If that makes one feel better then fine, reality is there are people who do not fit into any excuse.

It's up to the hospital, it's capabilities, it's theater equipment, nursing staff, anesthetists, doctors, consultants and surgeons.

AND their ability and motivation.

My thoughts to guide the surgeons hands.

:confused: All I said was fair play to a poster for not repeating moronic 'jokes' in this thread about what's going on...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Unfortunately the same mentality of the twitter gob****es has invaded the AH thread too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Is it a drug induced coma? Thats fairly standard imao!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

:confused: All I said was fair play to a poster for not repeating moronic 'jokes' in this thread about what's going on...

I actually would have deleted the post referring to such material.

We must project a positive image, after his recuperation, we can go back.

For now, he needs our thoughts.

Red Nissan wrote: »
    I actually would have deleted the post referring to such material.

We must project a positive image, after his recuperation, we can go back.

For now, he needs our thoughts.

Absolutely :(

Is it a drug induced coma? Thats fairly standard imao!

Apparently it was a coma 'on arrival', according to the French news site -
    Former German champion suffered a "severe head injury with coma on arrival "at Grenoble University Hospital and underwent a" neurosurgery ", announced the hospital said in a statement.

http://www.ledauphine.com/savoie/2013/12/29/meribel-michael-schumacher-victime-d-un-accident-de-ski

It's not clear though if it was medically induced or not...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

For any twitter users, a good explanation of the medical terms etc follow @former_f1doc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

This man donated €10million to the victims of the tsunami....my thoughts and prayers are with him, hope he gets through it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Rightwing wrote: »
    This man donated €10million to the victims of the tsunami....my thoughts and prayers are with him, hope he gets through it.

More than some countries and which he tried to keep quiet. Respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Rightwing wrote: »

Also donated to flood victims in Budapest IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

In my humble opinion, he may have suffered an extradural haematoma and the initial reports of him being conscious were a result of the "lucid interval" characteristic of this type of bleed. When things got worse he would have been put in a medically induced coma and transferred to a bigger centre with a neurosurgery department.

I'd be hopeful that after surgery he will be ok, but again it's only my take on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Trying to keep up to date on twitter and whilst the majority of people seem to be human, it's shocking how many absolute cu*ts there are on it.

Stay away from the thread on After Hours, it's an absolute disgrace that some of the sh1te has been allowed to stay up.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Apparently it was a coma 'on arrival', according to the French news site -

http://www.ledauphine.com/savoie/2013/12/29/meribel-michael-schumacher-victime-d-un-accident-de-ski

It's not clear though if it was medically induced or not...

Gary Hartstein thinks he would have been put into an artificial coma before being transferred to Grenoble.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Really hope he pulls through. Seems like a type of injury that if he wasnt wearing his helmet he'd be dead by now. The fact he was wearing a helmet can only be a good thing. He's in hospital now and have the best in head injuries there working on him (including F1 neurosurgeons).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Were any of these people also involved in treating Richard Hammond?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Ross Brawn has travelled to Grenoble according to this tweet

https://twitter.com/MrSolargarden

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

flazio wrote: »
    Were any of these people also involved in treating Richard Hammond?

Richard Hammond crashed in an airbase in York and was treated in the UK...I very much doubt the same people would be treating Schumacher in France...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Hoping to hear of #92 when I wake in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Didnt like the man on the track because of his arrogance and ... ah **** it I was just a schumi hater ... but NO ONE deserves to go through what he is currently enduring.

Get Well Schumi!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Needless to say, I'm not best pleased with one moderator over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

My son has only been following F1 the last two years, fanatic now! He likes Schumacher although I'm not sure he's really seen him race. But his records and reputation appeal to the little dude. I Was a great F1 fan when younger, getting back interested again and Michael Schumacher is one of my favorite drivers. Hope things improve for him, thought and prayers are with him and his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Hoping to hear of #92 when I wake in the morning.

And no doubt this will be the greatest of them all.

Come on Schumi, you can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Let's hope he pulls through. Real legend of the sport.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Get well soon Michael

h3000 wrote: »
    Let's hope he pulls through. Real legend of the sport.

While its probably an unpopular opinion... For me he was the greatest of all time!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

While its probably an unpopular opinion... For me he was the greatest of all time!

Is ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,243 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

This is the battle of his life, and if anyone can overcome this, it's Schumacher.

Schumacher is the only reason I began watching F1 religiously, and watching some of his races made the hair on my neck stand up.

C'mon Michael!!!!

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Is ;)

Good point :p I say was because he doesnt drive in F1 anymore...

Advertisement