Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stolen Honda RVF400

Options
  • 05-07-2020 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Stolen Honda RVF400, around 3am on July 3rd in Clonee. Reward for info, no questions asked.

The motorcycle is all white, with black front rim and red rear one. It has Tyga fairings, exhaust and CNC black triple clamps.

This may or may not be related but the motorcyle was stolen just a few days after settling a claim against workshop <SNIP> filed with the Small Claim Court (funds have yet to clear).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

csouto wrote: »
    Stolen Honda RVF400, around 3am on July 3rd in Clonee. Reward for info, no questions asked.

The motorcycle is all white, with black front rim and red rear one. It has Tyga fairings, exhaust and CNC black triple clamps.

This may or may not be related but the motorcyle was stolen just a few days after settling a claim against workshop <SNIP> filed with the Small Claim Court (funds have yet to clear).

Dude, even insinuating what you are on a public forum is a foolish move.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Yeah, but..............

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Yeah, but..............

But what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭newmember2

How much is the claim worth and the bike was insured yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 csouto

They were sued for fraud and poor workmanship. They made me feel targeted as they thought they could get away with charging me for labour they did not perform and removing bits from my bike as well as damaging my property, TWICE. Would you foot this bill?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 csouto

newmember? wrote: »
    How much is the claim worth and the bike was insured yes?

First the bike needs to be recovered or a month has passed since it was stolen. Only then you can put a value to the claim. Bike is insured with Carole Nash.

But what?

...what if it was your bike.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

They were sued for fraud and poor workmanship. They made me feel targeted as they thought they could get away with charging me for labour they did not perform and removing bits from my bike as well as damaging my property, TWICE. Would you foot this bill?

If I truly believed that a business I'd taken to court had stolen my bike out of spite, I'd be taking the legal route, not posting on Boards.ie and potentially scuppering the legal proceedings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Mod: Name removed for legal reasons. Do not post it here under any circumstances.

What Jimmy said. Not only that but the very thought of it is preposterous anyway. Why would any business, especially a fairly well established one, steal a bike out of spite??

And before you ask, no. I have nothing to do with the business in question. I have never been a customer of theirs, but all cards on the table, I probably will be given that I’m from the same town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭GavPJ

Sorry to hear that. Was it a race bike?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

What Jimmy said. Not only that but the very thought of it is preposterous anyway. Why would any business, especially a fairly well established one, steal a bike out of spite??

And before you ask, no. I have nothing to do with the business in question. I have never been a customer of theirs, but all cards on the table, I probably will be given that I’m from the same town.

Having followed several threads on these cowboys I would believe that they are fully capable of anything underhand.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭GavPJ

Emmersonn wrote: »
    Having followed several threads on these cowboys I would believe that they are capable of aything underhand.

Any hints as to who it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

The Dog's Danglies I'm sure.

Not in the same league as Muck & Fun don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

any pictures of the bike?

I would avoid naming anyone you think might have stolen it.
    Especially if you have just won a case against them, sometimes there is a this never happened / no name and shaming as part of the compensation, a breach of this would be an excuse to void having to compensate.

You are better off going to the Garda and circulating as many images as well as the VIN number in order to make the bike harder to move on.

Having followed several threads on these cowboys I would believe that they are fully capable of anything underhand.

Can you post some examples? I’m only new to biking, haven’t even done my IBT, but that’s this week. The reason I ask is that this place is in the same town I’m from so it’d be handy to get to in terms of servicing etc. I don’t want to take my bike to a place that’s not trustworthy. And this place has been recommended to me. Even the other thread is broadly positive.

Can you post some examples? I’m only new to biking, haven’t even done my IBT, but that’s this week. The reason I ask is that this place is in the same town I’m from so it’d be handy to get to in terms of servicing etc. I don’t want to take my bike to a place that’s not trustworthy. And this place has been recommended to me. Even the other thread is broadly positive.

Ahh so innocent....you'll learn friend and hopefully not the hard way....soo many chancers out there.......plenty of examples throughout this forum....;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

"Search" is your friend. :o

"Search" is your friend. :o

People tend to ignore advice...aka Bray honda centre...thats just one...but guys still go there...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

i've always heard good things about City Spares and Cotters.
    Depends on the bike you have too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

goblin59 wrote: »
    i've always heard good things about City Spares and Cotters.
    Depends on the bike you have too.

And I’ve only had bad dealings with Cotters, so it all depends on each persons experience really. There’ll always be people who have good and bad experiences with each shop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

When you have reported the bike , did you ask garda how many bikes went missing in D15 recently? not long ago they took immobilised cbr 600 f4 from Clonee and only recently somebody has broken into the mate's shed in castleknock but they didn't manage to take any of the bikes.

everybody would be pissed off about bike going missing and also every bike shop even the one with big windows has some story small or big story related to repair going arseways but suggesting that somebody took your bike is different game

Advertisement