Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Postgrad routes that have taken you away from construction?

• 24-06-2020 6:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

Intrigued to hear any stories of construction professionals/trades whove been a Proj Manager/QS/ civil engineer or whatever and left it.

On a different thread about careers it seems very apparent that a lot of construction industry workers are not happy in their career, particularly the office ones who have to put up with all the macho ego driven BS.

Its hard to get into other industries away from construction when applying for jobs as Ive known. Despite tailoring my CV as best as I could to highlight skills specific to other industries.

Are there any construction professionals on here who done the same - masters or postgrads for 1 year (couldnt see myself doing any more than that) part time to turn to after the last downturn in 2009 onwards?

Comments

Advertisement