Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

05-05-2020, 17:45   #16
antodeco
Warning: Contains traces of nuts

OP, do you have a copy of the emails when you declared the car off the road? This might show that the car was not being used during this time, and then you can show where it was taxed from. Again, obviously all at your own risk, however, proof it was declared off the road might just add an extra arrow to your bow!
Advertisement
05-05-2020, 17:56   #17
Kewreeuss

Heard that insurers won’t renew insurance if your nct has expired and you can’t get it done. Very unlucky to have both expiring close togethrr
05-05-2020, 18:33   #18
shaveAbullock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewreeuss View Post
Heard that insurers won’t renew insurance if your nct has expired and you can’t get it done. Very unlucky to have both expiring close togethrr
I have never been asked about the NCT from an insurance company.
05-05-2020, 20:13   #19
Kewreeuss

Me neither, I was just thinking that, but that’s what I was told. Perhaps the person concerned is very fussy and brought it up instead of saying nothing.
05-05-2020, 20:24   #20
shaveAbullock

One thing that would worry me is if you check this thread

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...49778&page=488

Most cars confiscated recently are for a number of factors not just one. But one of the factors has been no NCT.
Advertisement
05-05-2020, 21:10   #21
antodeco
Warning: Contains traces of nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaveAbullock View Post
One thing that would worry me is if you check this thread

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...49778&page=488

Most cars confiscated recently are for a number of factors not just one. But one of the factors has been no NCT.
In fairness, the Gardai normally use NCT against you if you're acting the bollOx!
Thanks from:
05-05-2020, 21:12   #22
shaveAbullock

Quote:
Originally Posted by antodeco View Post
In fairness, the Gardai normally use NCT against you if you're acting the bollOx!
True but that twitter account is also making it clear that they consider no NCT a serious offence, if they didn't they wouldn't mention it so frequently.
06-05-2020, 11:39   #23
User69123

Yeah I’m not too sure what to do, I changed the oil etc myself but had a mechanic look at it aswell and he reckons it’ll 100% pass when the time comes, car is a 06 focus and not worth anything. Maybe I’ll take chance but still I don’t want to get myself in trouble!
06-05-2020, 11:39   #24
User69123

Quote:
True but that twitter account is also making it clear that they consider no NCT a serious offence, if they didn't they wouldn't mention it so frequently.
They do seem to act big on their twitter account
Advertisement
06-05-2020, 11:42   #25
endacl

Quote:
Interesting one. Valid NCT certs have been extended but this one was not valid when the centres were shut down.
Probably fine with most Guards but what if you come accross an awkard one? No NCT means a heafty points penalty.
I’m between two even narrower stools....

I’ve a document in the glovebox showing an incomplete, with everything passed bar the underbody inspection. I also have a printout of the booking for the underbody on the day after the centres closed down.

I wonder where I’d stand...
06-05-2020, 11:43   #26
User69123

Quote:
Originally Posted by antodeco View Post
OP, do you have a copy of the emails when you declared the car off the road? This might show that the car was not being used during this time, and then you can show where it was taxed from. Again, obviously all at your own risk, however, proof it was declared off the road might just add an extra arrow to your bow!
Yes I’m sure I have a screenshot of it somewhere. I must root it out thanks.
06-05-2020, 11:43   #27
User69123

Quote:
Originally Posted by endacl View Post
I’m between two even narrower stools....

I’ve a document in the glovebox showing an incomplete, with everything passed bar the underbody inspection. I also have a printout of the booking for the underbody on the day after the centres closed down.

I wonder where I’d stand...
Nah once you’ve done the first bit of the test and have the sheet you’re fine
06-05-2020, 11:46   #28
endacl

Quote:
Originally Posted by User69123 View Post
Nah once you’ve done the first bit of the test and have the sheet you’re fine
Dunno. If you met the wrong guard having the wrong grumpy day....

I don’t have a valid NCT. All I have is documentation supporting my claim to be a fine upstanding citizen.
06-05-2020, 11:49   #29
User69123

Quote:
Originally Posted by endacl View Post
Dunno. If you met the wrong guard having the wrong grumpy day....

I don’t have a valid NCT. All I have is documentation supporting my claim to be a fine upstanding citizen.
True.. some are grand some are pricks.. I’m only going to work and back which is about 6 miles away but they have had checkpoints on the way nearly everyday I’ve just been lucky they’ve not been there when I have..
06-05-2020, 12:48   #30
biko
Arbiter

You have your answers, OP. Stopping here as we have a thread already for more NCT chat.
Thread Closed