Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WhiteRiver 24 Hour Rental Pro-Kart race 30-31/05/20

Options
  • 09-11-2019 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

Mods feel free to delete this if I am breaking any rules but i think this is very relevant to this forum.

The UK is full of arrive and drive motorsport events but unfortunately it isn't something that is common in Ireland. If you want to get on a grid generally you will have to buy your own car in order to do it.

The WhiteRiver 24 Hour Rental Pro-Kart race on May 30th - 31st 2020 is a bit different. It's an Arrive & Drive only event with a fleet of identical 400cc twin engined BIZ LeMans Pro-Karts provided, ran, serviced and repaired for each team. It is truly arrive and drive, no prior racing experience, or racing licence, is needed but the race will be ran strictly under full racing rules.

If you have ever wanted to get on the grid but the usual high costs of racing have prevented you then this event is your answer. If you have a team of 5 people the race will cost you €400 each all in, no expensive safety gear is even needed, you can rent suits and helmets off the track at the event.

Surely we could get a boards.ie-motorsport team or 2 together?

Full details & the team booking form are here:
    https://whiteriver24hr.weebly.com/

Comments

I'm definitely interested. I have another couple interested. Depends how many if I'll have a team with my mates or we could all join together.

Any in for this? Me and 2 mates want to do it but would really need one more to make a team of 4. Deposit due at the end of the month. One is pretty quick, one's quick and I'm quite fat so unlikely to be competing at the sharp end. :P

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Id highly recommend this! Ive done this track a few times, and did the 24 hour race. It is a tough track! A proper outdoor track. Im a good karter, but was slow in comparison to some of the other guys (who I can beat on other tracks quite easily). 45 minutes from Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

antodeco wrote: »
    Id highly recommend this! Ive done this track a few times, and did the 24 hour race. It is a tough track! A proper outdoor track. Im a good karter, but was slow in comparison to some of the other guys (who I can beat on other tracks quite easily). 45 minutes from Dublin!

I did the track in the pouring rain, it was impossible to race but fun to try and control the karts nonetheless. I'd say it's brilliant on a nice day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Given what's currently going on, has this been cancelled/rescheduled?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Given what's currently going on, has this been cancelled/rescheduled?

@guyfo, are you able to answer this question?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

How is this different to just going to a go-karting track with your actual mates (not some strangers from Boards) ? for a 15 or even 30 minutes session (you can even do a proper timed grand Prix with heats etc. too if you are really keen ? and it costs a lot less than €400

I assume maybe better karts ?

Advertisement