Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aviva - learner driver 6 months free with brother

Options
  • 11-05-2019 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭

So,

It's 6 months free insurance with Aviva if a family member is insured with them and you take their driving lessons pack.

We used this for my other 2 siblings over the years. It's an amazing offer to be fair and Aviva have always been great.

However this time, I offered to put my Brother on my insurance policy so he could learn for 3 main reasons:

- I am around the most by far. It wouldn't make sense for either of my parents since they are gone each day from 7am to 7pm.

- The last time we did this, the sibling crashed the car and it shot my fathers premium up

- My mother has a brand new car and not a hope will she let him drive it.

So my runaround 08 Mazda 6 will do the job nicely. Except for some reason they will not allow this since I am his brother.

They only allow the following:

the Policyholder must be a a parent, guardian, spouse, partner, aunt, uncle or grandparent of the Pupil.

For the sake of discussion - Is this because they have some odd statistic that shows its a higher risk for them to insure him on my policy since I am his bro?

I grew up through the Quinn-Direct days in the late 00's so I know all about the absolute treasure chest they were in insuring anything off the boat and abusing the third party extension etc but in this case - It's a genuine family request but Aviva will refuse.

https://www.aviva.ie/lessons/driving-school/accompanied-driver-cover/

Advertisement