Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Insurance after claims

Options
  • 03-05-2019 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭

I have been driving for 15 years. In the last three years have had three crashes. All my fault. Only one involved another driver. The costs in total were about 3.k
    My insurance is now around 1600.
    My car is worth about 10k
    I have a full license
    Is this just the way it goes??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

You are lucky you are only being charged €1600 tbh, 3 fault claims in 3 years is well above average.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

I suppose it is

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jeepcj

You are lucky you are only being charged €1600 tbh, 3 fault claims in 3 years is well above average.

Very true, i had 1 fault claim last year and my renewal is 1600, have 3 years no claim bonus as had step back protection.

Got it reduced to 1359 through quote devil. I had to accept bigger excise but Zurich were riding me-1600 for third party fire and theft

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Doesn't sound too bad tbh.

I hope you have no more crashes.

• Advertisement

Me too but I have learned that if your claim is a few grand you might as well pay it because the firm will ride you financially otherwise

Advertisement