Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying plant from Euro Auctions

• 20-03-2019 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to source a dumper to help with site works while I'm building my house. Been looking at Euro auctions as they seem to be really cheap and good value for money.
    Has anybody experience with buying from the likes of Euro Auctions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

muddle84 wrote: »
    I'm looking to source a dumper to help with site works while I'm building my house. Been looking at Euro auctions as they seem to be really cheap and good value for money.
    Has anybody experience with buying from the likes of Euro Auctions?

I have . You can pick things up a bit cheaper ,most of the stuff is fine but its still an auction so buyer beware . I think the value isn't as good as it used to be a few years ago because they are getting alot of buyers now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Would anybody be bold enough to buy a tractor online here without seeing it first? Asking for a friend.........!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Would anybody be bold enough to buy a tractor online here without seeing it first? Asking for a friend.........!

I might if I had the money without needing to finance it. I would nearly be afraid of getting it too cheap in that scenario. If the lads on the ground that saw it aren't bidding there would be a reason.
    I know two lads that never miss those auctions, one lad will look at a machine for you, check the basics and bid for you up to an agreed price. It works OK but there is no guarantee that he hasn't missed anything (could happen yourself either)
    It's not a bad option rather than wasting flights and time but it's ultimately still at your own risk.

Advertisement